Author Topic: FF7 Music Mod makes my game lag, and my desktop do funny things...  (Read 3152 times)

Mendelevium

• View Profile
I am completely unsure if this is even the right section for this post, but I think it is. ^.^.
I haven't had to ask for help in ages, my mods usually run just fine, but now everything is iffy.

A little background information:

Back when I was trying to help a friend of mine install Final Fantasy VII on her computer I uninstalled mine to walk her through all the steps and such, cause she wanted mods too, you know? And I can't do that sort of thing off the top of my head, and while explaining what to do in regedit, I got kinda fed up with her... "Lack of cooperation" and just exported it with the information she needed... While doing so I accidentally deleted the my FF7 registry file.

Even with a re-install the registry file wouldn't reappear, it caused me much grief, what I eventually ended up doing was installing Final Fantasy VII on my other computer and exporting the registry file from that, and sticking it into this one. Everything ran smoothly again with brief edits to tell it what drive to read the disc image from, and what folder to find the movies. Before this, the game wouldn't even work at all. So...

And now when I try to install FF7 Music, my computer spazzes, and my desktop seems to go into 256-colors mode...or something. And the game lags like a mo-fo. :P.

Here are some images:

Before running ff7:

After running ff7:

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mendel

Edit:

Note:
Other Mods I am using:
Team Avalanche 9.0
Millenia's Custom Weapons
1.2 official patch
Aali's graphics driver

And that setup runs just fine, without FF7 Music.

Edit 2:

Note:
My graphics drivers are installed correctly. :P
And so is Aali's... I am pretty sure.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-29 07:02:28 by Mendelevium »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
are u running ff7 music in some sort of comaptibility mode perhaps in 256 color mode as well?

Mendelevium

• View Profile
No... I checked that  first thing. O.o, but it seems to be working now, I fiddled with it for ages. Not sure what I did, exactly.

Edit:

But only the midis play, and I took the # out of Aali's. Grrr, I have never had problems before. >.<.
But yeah, I think I screwed up the registry. :/.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-29 22:16:11 by Mendelevium »

Fischkopf

• View Profile
I have the same problem with the new driver it play only midi music. just use the older driver for now.