Author Topic: Been awhile...  (Read 8456 times)

Mendelevium

• View Profile
Been awhile...
« on: 2012-04-24 04:52:58 »
How be you, world of Qhimm? I'd nearly forgotten about you all, until my grandpa deleted my folder of final fantasy VII mods by mistake, which wasn't really a big deal as I hadn't touched the game in a year or two, really. But, yes, hello!

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: Been awhile...
« Reply #1 on: 2012-04-24 13:04:21 »
Hola, Welcome back to the realm of awesome.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-04-24 17:38:18 »
hello! good to see old members back, thought of finally giving the game a go again?

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-04-24 19:46:25 »
I might, I've playing Neverwinter Nights lately. I've yet to touch the copy of Skyrim I bought... And mass effect. Lol... I have a lot of games on my list right now. To be honest, I really don't feel like playing them much either. ._.

I missed the feel of an older game, like Final Fantasy VII or VIII, but nothing beats my beloved Suikoden II ;).

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-04-24 20:16:39 »
until my grandpa deleted my folder of final fantasy VII mods by mistake
Man, yeah, I just hate how easy it is to accidentally select a folder, accidentally drag it to the recycle bin (or press delete on your keyboard) and then accidentally right-click the recycle bin and accidentally click "empty recycle bin". I do it all the time, just last week I accidentally uninstalled firefox and deleted all my Mass Effect saves.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #5 on: 2012-04-24 20:27:57 »
...deleted all my Mass Effect saves.

lol Don't worry we now know (*spoiler ahead) that there are only 3 endings no matter the choices you make while playing ;)
« Last Edit: 2012-04-24 20:31:47 by Leonhart7413 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012-04-24 20:57:04 »
Man, yeah, I just hate how easy it is to accidentally select a folder, accidentally drag it to the recycle bin (or press delete on your keyboard) and then accidentally right-click the recycle bin and accidentally click "empty recycle bin". I do it all the time, just last week I accidentally uninstalled firefox and deleted all my Mass Effect saves.

Assuming he wasnt holding shift when he pressed delete, but point taken haha ;)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-04-24 21:49:28 »
lol Don't worry we now know (*spoiler ahead) that there are only 3 endings no matter the choices you make while playing ;)
That's still two more than you get in FF7, no matter who you choose to date! Not like it matters, I've only made it about 30 minutes through the first game anyway and have been meaning to start over. :P

Also, I'ma go ahead and move this thread to Completely Unrelated, since it seems to be less of a Square-Enix/FF thread and more of a social thread.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2012-04-24 23:43:48 »
...deleted my folder of final fantasy VII mods by mistake...
...I accidentally uninstalled firefox and deleted all my Mass Effect saves.

There's always tune up undelete ;) if you haven't shredded the files of course :)

I've only made it about 30 minutes through the first game anyway and have been meaning to start over. :P

I'm on the first disk too... haha! Was looking for graphical mods though... for the 2nd and 3rd there is the incredible enb mod and hd textures. I got to finish my modded gta4, ffxiii-2, fallout3 (ps3), Batman Arkham City and Warp (last boss battle) first. I admit after I learned about the ending I got relieved (*spoiler) I needn't have to make the right choices anymore loool Now I'm going to play with less stress about the options, when I do...

Also, I'ma go ahead and move this thread to Completely Unrelated, since it seems to be less of a Square-Enix/FF thread and more of a social thread.

Well do! :)

~edit~ What's Next for Mass Effect?
Five ideas beyond Commander Shepard's adventure.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-25 01:46:03 by Leonhart7413 »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-04-25 02:45:44 »
Nah he deleted a mass amount of files, things he though were his. And emptied to the recycle bin, basically everything I had on the external hard drive. :P. All my pics </3.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-04-25 02:54:36 »
Time for undelete.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-04-25 04:03:02 »
Would do so if I could. I think it's a bit late now, though. On the plus side he is going to buy me my own external hard drive. :3. Simply, because I don't think he wants me to use his. XD.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-04-25 16:55:14 »
Time for undelete.
the longer it has been deleted the lower the chance you can undelete it and retrieve it successfully

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 2012-04-25 21:58:14 »
That depends on the undelete implementation.

Modern versions of Windows don't de-allocate the space, they just mark the file as part of a recycle bin directory. The file doesn't even get moved on-disk.

Once the file actually gets deleted, then yes, chances of recovery decrease with time, as the entry is removed from the filetable and the space could be re-assigned to new data. Some filesystems will automatically re-assign this for the next file; others perhaps not. Defragmentation will often eat up contiguous blocks, but some defrag algorithms leave spaces on disk because it allows data to be stored in a fashion that's physically quicker to retrieve.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-04-26 01:45:07 »
So long story short, not much chance of recover a few days after the fact? ;).

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #15 on: 2012-04-26 02:17:32 »
...and the space could be re-assigned to new data.

Interesting... is this what tune up utilities detects as "space" when I select 'gain disk space" utility? Usually it detects over 2 gigs of space that need to be freed.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-04-26 03:53:23 »
-Sips his tea, whilst leaning back in his chair surveying the scene, as this is now an unrelated chat post, he can do anything.  :evil: -

Regardless, I am enjoying talking to old faces, and some new. It feels somewhat refreshing to be back at my old forum hangout. I remember when I used to lurk here all the time.  -sighs at the memories.-

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #17 on: 2012-04-26 04:24:00 »
-Sips his tea...

Sounds nice :) ... I'm going to sleep 7:30 a.m. here :P

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-04-26 04:47:28 »
Yikes. Well have a good sleep my friend.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-04-27 00:04:57 »
Use this thread:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12522.0

No need for more mods than this, i suppose.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012-04-27 06:22:00 »
Well that doesn't replace the one's I made. :P. Or the one's I downloaded over two years, and ones that aren't for public download.