Author Topic: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)  (Read 844705 times)

elberuss

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.41f)
« Reply #1825 on: 2021-12-16 15:30:57 »
I don't know.
Do you want to share your .hws so I can check it?
Sure, thanks!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PiZu4qSlQtYvEFgif_a3ZGZOACvBIXzY/view?usp=sharing

As i said, I just changed one entry on battle spots, I change a mu for piton, after save it as a mod, and I open it again, HW closes
« Last Edit: 2021-12-16 15:35:16 by elberuss »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: 2021-12-16 16:16:26 »
Ok...
The world map "Places" and "Battle Spots" sub-panels bug.
Don't change anything in them. I need to fix that...

Thanks for warning, elberuss. I didn't think I would need to update this tool anymore. That adds to my todo-list.

elberuss

• View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: 2021-12-16 16:25:21 »
Ok...
The world map "Places" and "Battle Spots" sub-panels bug.
Don't change anything in them. I need to fix that...

Thanks for warning, elberuss. I didn't think I would need to update this tool anymore. That adds to my todo-list.
But I read many people that changed it on this thread, how they did?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: 2021-12-16 18:32:35 »
It used to work correctly. I don't know why it doesn't work anymore. Maybe I changed something when moving to a format that is both compatible with the PSX and the PC versions of the game, maybe it's something else... I'll have to check.
On the same vibe, changing the script of "Opening-for-FMV" tends to create bugs, so that's also something to avoid with the current version.

elberuss

• View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: 2021-12-17 16:10:38 »
It used to work correctly. I don't know why it doesn't work anymore. Maybe I changed something when moving to a format that is both compatible with the PSX and the PC versions of the game, maybe it's something else... I'll have to check.
On the same vibe, changing the script of "Opening-for-FMV" tends to create bugs, so that's also something to avoid with the current version.
Thanks so much for your effort! really thaks! FFIX alwais was my liked game from my childhood and I love modding on it :)

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: 2022-01-20 02:34:06 »
Hello Tirlititi,

Would it be possible to change Quina'a trance command from Cook to Double Blue magic (Dbl Blu)? If so, how would I go about doing that?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: 2022-01-20 19:37:57 »
That's unfortunatly not possible using HW. That is too deeply encoded in the battle system.
On the PC version, modding the BattleHUD can be done to do something like that but it's not a feature that Memoria allows (yet).
BattleHUD

Another possibility (that works on PSX) is to have "Double Blue Magic" replace either Double White or Double Black. You'll loose one of them but as long as a command takes the natural slot of one of these, it's considered as a double command.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: 2022-01-21 00:00:26 »
Unfortunate. Regardless, thank you for responding so quickly. You're stand up person.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: 2022-01-28 06:46:13 »
Hello Tirlititi,

Sorry to pester you, but one last question. Would it be possible for me to make it so Quina could eat an enemy who is usually un-eatable. Tantarian for example? Is it as simple as removing the Easy Kill stat effect?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: 2022-01-28 18:34:42 »
Yes.
Human-type enemies are also non-edible but that doesn't apply to Tantarian.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: 2022-02-23 18:52:03 »
Hello again Tirlititi,

Turns out I have another question. I'm trying to give Freya a new spell, Inferno. She can perform it just fine; but when she goes to cast it she does a glitched jump animation. I've searched around online for a few hours now and I couldn't find a solution to this. I know she has a special flag inside the Edit Spell Sequencing, but I can't for the life of me figure out where to put it to make it work with Inferno. Is it even possible?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: 2022-02-23 22:01:38 »
The Memoria Engine mod fixes that on PC.
You can't fix it properly without Memoria: the only solution without Memoria would be to use "Play Freya's casting anim" in the spell sequence of "Inferno" but then it would bug if anything other than Freya uses Inferno and even then I'm not sure that you can get a flawless casting animation for Freya.

g_west

• View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: 2022-02-23 23:42:43 »
I figured I needed to insert "Freya's casting animation" into "Inferno," I've tired copying the sequence of her other skills into "Inferno" to replicate it, but no luck. I don't mind if it bugs if anything else uses "Inferno" because I don't think anything else does. You wouldn't know how to properly insert it would you? If not, no worries. I really do appreciate you getting back to me so quickly.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: 2022-02-24 11:23:48 »
No sorry, I've never tried doing something like that on the PSX version.
To be honest, I'm not even sure it can work to actually play Freya's casting animation for a non-Dragon effect, that "Freya's casting animation", on the PSX version... The usage I suggest is actually an extrapolation of that sequence code's effect from the source code of the Steam version to its behaviour in the PSX version. It might be that Freya's casting animations are actually packed inside all the Dragon effects, next to the effect models and textures, and that they can't be used by any mean in a non-Dragon effect in the PSX version.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
Re: [FF9] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.39b)
« Reply #1839 on: 2022-03-09 22:41:31 »
First of all thank you for this amazing tool.
I am here to ask some help for a very little problem that has FF9 italian steam version: during a battle, when you choose to use magic sword ability (the Steiner+Vivi combo  :)), the text that appears in the top of the screen with the ability name has the words swapped. Here an example:
You choose Firaga Sword (in italian is "Colpo Firaga" and in hades workshop is named perfectly), in the top screen appears as "Firaga Colpo" (maybe use english order with italian text?)

My question is: is it possible to fix with hades workshop or with some manual edit?

Thanks usb :)
Yeah, I thought that they fixed that bug, but apparently not. It doesn't concern only Italian but also French and Spanish. The bug lies in the CIL method "BattleHUD::SetBattleCommandTitle" but it's a bit tricky to fix it there with HW.

What you can do though is bypass the bug: go to the "Interface" panel, select the "Battle Spell Naming" field and add 13 entries to it (right-click -> Add), then write the proper full names ("Colpo Fire" etc...). Finally, go to the "Party -> Spells" panel and change the casting names of the magic swords spells to the entries that you just added.
It's a bit dirty as a fix, but it works. You should also translate the names in the "Interface" panel if you want it to work for all the languages (I think the game would crash in non-italian language otherwise).

For info, you can have up to 62 custom spell names in that interface field.

Bringing back this cause i got to fix the bug itself instead of using workarounds.

Replace, in BattleHUD::SetBattleCommandTitle

Code: [Select]
text = FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityName((int)pCmd.sub_no) + str + FF9TextTool.BattleCommandTitleText(0);
with

Code: [Select]
string locale = Localization.GetSymbol();
if (locale == "IT" || locale == "ES" || locale == "FR")
text = FF9TextTool.BattleCommandTitleText(0) + FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityName((int)pCmd.sub_no);
else
text = FF9TextTool.ActionAbilityName((int)pCmd.sub_no) + str + FF9TextTool.BattleCommandTitleText(0);

Note that IT SP and FR don't need the middle space between words that "str" places cause said space is already within FF9TextTool.BattleCommandTitleText(0) for all the affected languages.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: 2022-03-09 23:09:47 »
The best is to use the Memoria Engine modifier that fixes that bug. There is no reason to edit the game's source code directly instead of installing Memoria.

child_of_terra

• View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: 2022-05-14 06:00:32 »
Hello Tirlititi,
I need your help. I use the Steam version and Albeori's Memoria. HadesWorkshopMod works correctly, but during ATE Cleyra [Meeting with the King and the High Priest] the text "debug" appears instead of dialogs. The same problem is observed during the balloon mini-game.

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: 2022-05-14 12:09:38 »
Hum... By default, these dialogs are not translated in all the languages. The balloon mini-game was translated in french but not in english for example and the ATE in Cleyra was not translated in any language if I recall correctly. In these situations of a missing translation (but with good remnants of the deleted scene in the script), the lines are often replaced by "debug" as a placeholder or empty text. In other situations, the line was completly removed, resulting in a shift in the text IDs depending on the language (that is why there is not always the same number of texts depending on the language).

So you don't have these lines properly translated, either because you unlocked those scenes yourself in the scripts (in which case, congrats!) or because you imported only a part of a mod unlocking them (typically you unticked the "Texts" box when loading the .hws) or because the script-related modifications are properly installed but somehow the text-related modifications are not (the scripts are stored in a sub-folder of "StreamingAssets" while the texts are stored in a subfolder of "FF9_Data").

akirat9

• View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: 2022-05-16 05:14:43 »
why this message appear when opening ff9 psx image?

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: 2022-05-16 10:17:42 »
HW is quite sensible to mods, even those it generates itself. Other than that, there should be no problem. It used to scan correctly the japanese, US, UK, french, italian, german and spanish PSX images; I don't have copies of them anymore to thoroughly check but it still scans correctly at least the US version.

When it scans a game successfully, it generates a "Final Fantasy IX (Disc 1).hwf" file next to your PSX image that contains the results of the scan so you don't need to do that anymore next time.

So I guess you are trying to open a modded version of a PSX image. If you know which mod it is and you can remove it (eg. it's a .ppf with an "undo" feature), do that then open it with HW. In many cases, HW will then generate a .hwf that you can use even after re-applying the mod (close HW, re-apply the mod but keep the .hwf next to the game and with the same name, then re-open the PSX image with HW).
If you don't know what mod your game has, you'll have to get another version of the PSX image first, one that is not modded or only very slightly modded. If you're using the US version, I can share .hwf files as well; hopefully they'll work.

akirat9

• View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: 2022-05-16 13:17:52 »
HW is quite sensible to mods, even those it generates itself. Other than that, there should be no problem. It used to scan correctly the japanese, US, UK, french, italian, german and spanish PSX images; I don't have copies of them anymore to thoroughly check but it still scans correctly at least the US version.

When it scans a game successfully, it generates a "Final Fantasy IX (Disc 1).hwf" file next to your PSX image that contains the results of the scan so you don't need to do that anymore next time.

So I guess you are trying to open a modded version of a PSX image. If you know which mod it is and you can remove it (eg. it's a .ppf with an "undo" feature), do that then open it with HW. In many cases, HW will then generate a .hwf that you can use even after re-applying the mod (close HW, re-apply the mod but keep the .hwf next to the game and with the same name, then re-open the PSX image with HW).
If you don't know what mod your game has, you'll have to get another version of the PSX image first, one that is not modded or only very slightly modded. If you're using the US version, I can share .hwf files as well; hopefully they'll work.

I'm using US version this time. maybe share hwf will work ?

« Last Edit: 2022-05-17 18:17:20 by akirat9 »

carl09876

• View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: 2022-05-28 00:54:19 »
@Tirlititi hi , does this program have somewhere an option to increase the drop rate of the items that can be stolen or dropped by the monsters and to do the same with the card drop ?

another thing i need to know is why when i modify a group of enemies , the new enemy i am enabling just don't do anything , for example , enemy id 360 , pyton and goblin , there is a group that only have one pyton , i enabled even the goblin , but then  ,the goblin didn't attacked , just like it didn't got atted at all @Trilititi

also it seem that hades workshop corrupted some of the files i modified , infact after i saved the latest modifications , i had to use my back up files because at some point , the game crashed and i couldn't even open hades workshop , but the moment when i used my back up of the modified files , i could immediately open the game again and use hades workshop

i know the reason of those corrupted data , it is for a problem occurred even long ago, basically , if there are too many data to save all at once , it may happen that the program cause the corruption of the modded files , it happened to me while modifying the data of the monsters all at once , and so i tried to save only half of all the mods , and after i saved the changes , i closed and reopened the program , that solved the problem for now , but clearly the program need a fix to handle all those changes saved at once

Consolidated quad post. - Bonez
« Last Edit: 2022-05-28 13:01:12 by Bonez »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: 2022-05-28 23:39:33 »
@akirat9: Here they are.

@carl09876: About item/card steals/drops, mostly no. These are hardcoded in the battle code, which is MIPS in the PSX version and CIL/C# in the Steam version. I guess you can try changing the steal % of each item slot on the PSX version in the MIPS panel (with a bit of luck, these "256/64/16/1" pourcentages are written plainly in the code, so you'd just have to change these figures, even though it will change the rates for all the enemies). If you are on the Steam version, then you can change the code of the Steal script for this kind of result (check out the documentations on how to use Memoria). It is actually not a bad idea to add fields to change these % chances; I'll see what I can do for the next version of Memoria.

When you add/remove an enemy to a group, make sure to change the script accordingly (Edit Script -> function Main_Init -> make sure that the "InitObject" lines match with the changes you made).

The corruption of .hws files happen when you try to modify the script of the field "Opening-for FMV" or when you change something in the panels "Environment -> World Maps -> Place Names" and "Environment -> World Maps -> Battle Spots". I am currently working on an update of HW that will fix that bug amongst other things.

carl09876

• View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: 2022-05-30 03:08:38 »
@akirat9: Here they are.

@carl09876: About item/card steals/drops, mostly no. These are hardcoded in the battle code, which is MIPS in the PSX version and CIL/C# in the Steam version. I guess you can try changing the steal % of each item slot on the PSX version in the MIPS panel (with a bit of luck, these "256/64/16/1" pourcentages are written plainly in the code, so you'd just have to change these figures, even though it will change the rates for all the enemies). If you are on the Steam version, then you can change the code of the Steal script for this kind of result (check out the documentations on how to use Memoria). It is actually not a bad idea to add fields to change these % chances; I'll see what I can do for the next version of Memoria.

When you add/remove an enemy to a group, make sure to change the script accordingly (Edit Script -> function Main_Init -> make sure that the "InitObject" lines match with the changes you made).

The corruption of .hws files happen when you try to modify the script of the field "Opening-for FMV" or when you change something in the panels "Environment -> World Maps -> Place Names" and "Environment -> World Maps -> Battle Spots". I am currently working on an update of HW that will fix that bug amongst other things.

hmm , are you sure that there isn't nothing in the cil code section that allow to change the values of the steal rate ? i prefer to modify the files rather than change something in the executable ,also you said that memoria and hades workshop aren't compatible , so if you use one , then the game won't respond properly to the changes in the other program , as for the corruption , i don't think the problem is the mdofication in the battle spot , because i managed to change some battle spots , for example , i placed hades and quera in the desert , and i placed dantarian and ozma in the little island were you usually only find the yan , but it also mean that the problem occur only some times , possible ?

@Trilititi can you be more specific about this: "Edit Script -> function Main_Init -> make sure that the "InitObject" lines match with the changes you made" what should i do ? i am checking that section but i don't understand what i should change , because i am looking now at the scripts , for a group that i didn't modified and a group were i enabled some more enemies , they are identical , i am talking about the main init

ok , the game crashed because i added to group 1 for group id 360 the goblin , making a group of two monsters , then i parsed , and still no warnings or errors , the modification to the main init consisted in copy and paste the line for the goblin from a group were it already existed , so what i am doing wrong ?

another thing that happened is that when i placed a group of monsters that come from the ice cavern (is 029 , kannibal and gelatine) , in the  battle spot of the mist continent , the battle trigger properly , but the music don't , so where is the data of that group there is the option to trigger the music ?

ok , so it seem that the game really crashed for changing the battle spots , to be more precise  , for the fact of have places the group 029 (kannibal and gelatine) in the battle spot of the mist continent , the very first that you visit after the evil forest , the one were you find the group of enemies 360 (pyton and goblin) , so yeah , the problem is really what you said , a bug in the program that somehow corrupt the files for the very fact of have switched certain battle spots , still ti is very strange , because as i said , i could place hades and queera in the desert without any kind of problems , so why some changes works and some other changes doesn't ?

i discovered what was causing the crash: if you change the group of enemies in the battle spot without change the background image then the game crash , but if you do it by changing the background image first and then you change the battle spot , the game doesn't crash , still it is a bug in the program that need to be fixed of course , along with the music that doesn't trigger when for example you put a group of enemies that come from the  ice cavern and you put them in the first open field of the mist continent right after the evil forest

Consolidated sextuple post. my dude. I understand you can't yet edit posts, but bruh... 4 and then 6? So figure out everything you want to say before you post and say it at once please.  - Bonez

Posting Etiquette Rule 1: Double posting is generally not allowed. If your last post was less than 24-48 hours ago, edit your post. Some leeway will be given for new users who do not have access to the edit function yet, but please don't abuse this.
« Last Edit: 2022-05-31 07:11:12 by Bonez »

carl09876

• View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: 2022-06-02 07:00:24 »
@Trilititi helooo ??? fucking answer you dick , this bullshit about ignore people's messages must end once and for all