Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 360174 times)

anthonyziack

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)
« Reply #500 on: 2020-06-02 09:40:46 »
He just contacted me about it, I just updated the website to announce compatibility : ) I didn't know about the new feature, that's great! I'll test that right now!

It would be awesome if you could merge this battle UI mod into your installer either for 8.0 or for the future 8.1. This, combined with the option to have Alternate Fantasy included would make this mod truly the ultimate experience! :O

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2020-06-02 11:26:32 »
It would be awesome if you could merge this battle UI mod into your installer either for 8.0 or for the future 8.1. This, combined with the option to have Alternate Fantasy included would make this mod truly the ultimate experience! :O

Asked him about it, he does not wish to do so for now, so that's up to him.

In practice, that wouldn't be so hard, his stuff is based on Memoria, so that would just be a pull request and it would be an option in Memoria.ini to tick.

For Alternate Fantasy, that's a bit different, zePilot does not wish to include it as it's too different from the original experience. I'm in comm with Tirlititi though, and he's preparing a compatible version when he's got time.

Onean

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2020-06-02 16:22:45 »
Also, you should not have any issue if: you have your game on C:/ and launch the mod as administrator.

Yeah, I have both the game and the mod installed on C:/ and I run the installer in administrator and I'm still getting an error.

(This one, just in case:)
https://imgur.com/u4kDXDY

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2020-06-02 18:38:14 »
Just deleted my FFIX completely and started over, hoping to get the scaled battle ui working, but I'm seeing issues after installing the official 8.0.1 version.

So I reinstalled FFIX from Steam completely first, then ran Moguri installer and booted the game.

Something is messing up Zidanes text boxes though, I can't remember him saying this :)

Any ideas what's up?
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 18:44:10 by e2zippo »

Neodoris

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2020-06-02 19:10:23 »
Spoiler: show
Just deleted my FFIX completely and started over, hoping to get the scaled battle ui working, but I'm seeing issues after installing the official 8.0.1 version.

So I reinstalled FFIX from Steam completely first, then ran Moguri installer and booted the game.

Something is messing up Zidanes text boxes though, I can't remember him saying this :)

Any ideas what's up?

You needed to first delete the Moguri Mod folder which is not in FFIX folder.

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2020-06-02 19:47:04 »

You needed to first delete the Moguri Mod folder which is not in FFIX folder.

I installed to a completely new Moguri Mod folder. Last install I had everything in "Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX"

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2020-06-02 20:14:32 »
Had someone report the same bug recently, but they used a save from before installing 8.0

Is this a new game or an old save from 7.0.1?

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2020-06-02 20:48:51 »
Had someone report the same bug recently, but they used a save from before installing 8.0

Is this a new game or an old save from 7.0.1?
It's an old save.
Do I need to start over or can I edit it?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 20:56:10 by e2zippo »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2020-06-02 21:19:16 »
It's an old save.
Do I need to start over or can I edit it?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

It's better to start over, there was a lot of improvement in save handling in the last year on Memoria. You're really at the beginning of the game though. Please report back if that solved the issue; the other person did not let me know if that was the issue.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-02 21:23:14 by snouz »

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2020-06-02 21:24:51 »
It's better to start over, there was a lot of improvement in save handling in the last year on Memoria. You're really at the beginning of the game though.

Yeah, I know, I'll start over then.
You think there will be any more changes to save files in the near future?
If so I might hold off a while longer before diving in.

Thanks!

IFireflyl

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2020-06-02 21:34:35 »
Hey, snouz. The Install page on your site lists the following requirements:

Official Steam release of the game
11Go on C:/ (for extraction) + 11Go on install disk
Note: you can install on top of a previous version
If you have a problem with permissions, launch with administrator rights

What is 11Go, exactly? This isn't mentioned anywhere (or, if it is, I completely missed it).

Any information you can provide on this? A lot of people were messaging so I completely understand this getting overlooked. :)

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2020-06-02 21:37:23 »
I can't for the life of me get Moguri to work with the scaled battle UI, not matter how many times I try, something always get's messed up.

Can anyone provide a step by step guide from a clean install to get it working?  :?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #512 on: 2020-06-03 03:05:32 »
What is 11Go, exactly? This isn't mentioned anywhere (or, if it is, I completely missed it).

Any information you can provide on this? A lot of people were messaging so I completely understand this getting overlooked. :)

its a typo, he meant GB (gigabytes)

herrschiller

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2020-06-03 08:09:34 »
its a typo, he meant GB (gigabytes)

I thought GO is the french version of GB since 1 giabyte is 1 Gigaoctet over there

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2020-06-03 08:28:31 »
I thought GO is the french version of GB since 1 giabyte is 1 Gigaoctet over there

wait, Go isn't understood internationally? It's the same value as GB (one octet = one byte = 8 bits)

That's why I didn't understand the question, I thought it was obvious.
I'll put GB if that's more internationally understood.

Arcenstone

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2020-06-03 10:05:01 »
Hello. I want to talk about a bug that is annoying to me and preventing me to play the pc version of this game (and also this beautiful mod). I know it's just a minor glitch but for me it's ruining the experience. This glitch is about the "ambience sounds" that you can hear in the background, for example the owl sounds in the evil forest, or the crowd sounds in Alexandria at the start of the game. The problem is that these sounds loop at every screen change. You can easily hear it in the evil forest, it always start with the same sound. In the psx version, these sounds continue between each screens. I hope I can make myself understood (I'm not English (french)).
No one is talking (or even seems to be aware of) about this glitch so I wanted to create an account just so it could maybe be fixed in the future.
Thanks and congratulation for the creator of this marvelous mod.

cosx

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2020-06-03 10:43:46 »
Hello! Please answer, is it possible to disable scaling through the game settings?
The fact is that I have a 16:10 monitor and with the original resolution the wide format does not work in any way. Therefore, you have to play with a lower resolution of 16: 9, but in full screen mode, the game scales. You cannot turn off scaling through the video adapter. I would like to do this through the game settings, if possible?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2020-06-03 10:58:02 »
Hello! Please answer, is it possible to disable scaling through the game settings?
The fact is that I have a 16:10 monitor and with the original resolution the wide format does not work in any way. Therefore, you have to play with a lower resolution of 16: 9, but in full screen mode, the game scales. You cannot turn off scaling through the video adapter. I would like to do this through the game settings, if possible?
Thought about it, there may be a way: right click on your desktop, display options, and set a 16:9 resolution to your monitor. Tell me if that worked !

cosx

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 2020-06-03 11:27:18 »
Thought about it, there may be a way: right click on your desktop, display options, and set a 16:9 resolution to your monitor. Tell me if that worked !

I probably asked a little wrong question.
I would like the game to work in the given resolution, but not expand to full screen. You can play in windowed mode, but it’s not very, but in full-screen mode, the game is stretched.
Here is a picture, I want it to work like that.
https://imgur.com/a/uv82Z3T

And yet, I forgot, my monitor does not support 1600x900 mode.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-03 11:32:52 by cosx »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2020-06-03 13:32:34 »
I would like the game to work in the given resolution, but not expand to full screen. You can play in windowed mode, but it’s not very, but in full-screen mode, the game is stretched.

I'm not sure what you want. Memoria's widescreen has been tested with 16/9, so if you want to use that in full screen without scaling, you should be able to set a smaller resolution in windows and it should add black bars on the side. I don't have any other solution for your specific request, and don't own a 16/10 monitor to test.

Donel

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2020-06-03 13:52:22 »

If you have an Nvidia GPU, go to Nvidia Control Panel and go to this tab:

https://i.imgur.com/KL6JvuU.png

Check the last option, in english it should be "no scaling". Also change the "scaling with" option to "GPU".

cosx

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2020-06-03 13:56:38 »
I'm not sure what you want. Memoria's widescreen has been tested with 16/9, so if you want to use that in full screen without scaling, you should be able to set a smaller resolution in windows and it should add black bars on the side. I don't have any other solution for your specific request, and don't own a 16/10 monitor to test.

Thanks! I solved the problem like that, in the settings I registered a non-standard resolution of 1680x945, bypassing the launcher, the maximum width for my monitor and reduced in height to get (16/9). Everything works fine and does not scale.

cosx

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2020-06-03 14:07:04 »
If you have an Nvidia GPU, go to Nvidia Control Panel and go to this tab:

https://i.imgur.com/KL6JvuU.png

Check the last option, in english it should be "no scaling". Also change the "scaling with" option to "GPU".

No, I have Radeon :( And when i change video adapter settings, game still stretches to full screen

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #523 on: 2020-06-03 23:54:11 »
wait, Go isn't understood internationally? It's the same value as GB (one octet = one byte = 8 bits)

That's why I didn't understand the question, I thought it was obvious.
I'll put GB if that's more internationally understood.

i knew what you meant, but i thought the o was a typo, its definitely not something i have seen before (central-ish USA)

Negarville

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2020-06-04 10:52:28 »
Hi everyone! I have a problem with the new scaled ui mod. I read about the compatibility with moguri, so I tought to install it. After a failed first try, the second one was good and now my ui is scaled correctly. Problem is, Moguri mod seems to be completely broken. No more full screen battle, no more wonderfull backgrounds and so on. So I decided to restart everything over, I've unistalled everything and reinstalled Moguri mod from the beginning like first time I did a week ago without scaled ui. Ok, now UI is not scaled anymore, and Moguri doesn't work. No widescreeen no background, the only hint that it's installed came from launcher and from start menu which is enhanced. I've unistalled ffix from steam now twice and reinstalled moguri over it AFTER removing every file with moguri exe. After deleting all content from ffix folder which were not removed from unistalling, I've put everything back and my game is working correctly. Point is, scaled ui removed any graphical enhancement from moguri and change even launcher with the one from memoria mod.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-04 12:35:27 by Negarville »