Author Topic: [FF9] Echo-S 9 Voice Mod  (Read 4459 times)

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
[FF9] Echo-S 9 Voice Mod
« on: 2022-10-24 16:24:57 »

Final Fantasy 9 Voice Mod: Echo-S
Tsunamods x Still Thinking Game Dubs

• What is Echo-S 9?
Echo-S is a WIP voice mod for Final Fantasy 9!
Now that Echo-S 7, our voice mod for Final Fantasy 7 is coming to and end, we are happy to announce that we have begun working on Echo-S 9!
This project is expected to take a year or two but could be even faster due to the simplicity of the creation process compared to 7.
We will be voicing EVERYTHING! Every single line in the game, including NPC's! Which you could be if you wanted too!

• Will it be compatible with other FF9 mods?
This mod will work in junction with the Memoria Mod Manager, making it compatible with the Moguri Mod and hopefully any other FF9 mods available.
At this point in time I am unsure if Alternate Fantasy will work, but as long as no dialog has been altered then I don't see why not! Except for deleted scenes.
If you use any mods that do affect the original games dialog or story in any way then those sections will not be voiced, but should still be playable.

• How could I be an NPC in this project?
If you would like your voice to be a part of this project, you absolutely can!
As long as your microphone sounds good, that's all you need! I will be free to call you and personally train you in acting to get you to a point where we are both happy with your performance.

To do this, you are best to join our Discord and click the "Final Fantasy 9" button to gain access to that section.
You can also click the respective buttons to assign your voice type so we can ping you when the need arises.
You can also drop a sample of your voice in the Echo-S 9 chat to get a gauge on if your mic is good enough.
We can then grab you when/if you need you.

• What is the best way to keep updated with Echo-S 9?
The best way is via our Discord in the Final Fantasy 9 section.
I will post updates there as they happen, rather than here. I will only post bigger updates here as to not fill this thread with tiny bits of info.
But if you would like all the little details then you'll find them there.

Or, if you want even more, you could support and watch me actually create this mod live on my Twitch Channel so you know exactly where we are and how far through we are at any given time!
You will be as up to date as I am because you'll watch me make everything from scratch as I do it.

• How can I support this project?
All of the voice actors and myself included, are all unpaid. We all create these mods from just passion, and having fun. So everything helps!
The best way to support the project is to follow my Twitch Channel as I create the mod live for you.
Streaming mod creation has actually become my full-time job thanks to the Echo-S 7 fans who have watched me build that mod from nothing to completion.
By keeping it my job it means you get our projects possibly years faster as I can work on them for many hours a day without interruptions or worry of being tired from work.
And it's free too! Just be there, literally. And you might even enjoy it, who knows.

Outside of that, there is also a Patreon for the team too where you can get good rewards. Which I'll explain in the next part.
This may be of more interest to you, although not free, it is easier on you.

• Can I apply to Beta test it?
Beta testing is open to the public, but under certain conditions. One free, and one not.
We like to keep it small as to not appear as though the mod is done. If the wrong people are seen playing it when it has bugs then word of mouth gets out about it being a buggy mess and the projects fails.
To clarify, if you stream it or make videos of it, please make sure to mention you are a Beta Tester so they know that this is not the final version. So they aren't mistaken.

1. Patreon; which is a paid thing, but you also get access to every mod I create. And it is updated every time I do anything. You get access to my personal backup drive so you are as up-to-date as humanly possible. Including FF7 and FF8 voice mods.

2. If you are present in my Twitch Chat whenever I hit a point where a Beta is needed to help me, I will drop a link in the chat to those people. This option is free but requires your time. The first Beta demo should hopefully be available in the near future.

• Will you release playable demo's like you did with Echo-S 7?
Yes! In fact, our first demo is already being worked on and will go up to the world map. Which believe it or not, when voiced is a good amount of time. Especially when you speak to all the NPC's!
When a demo is completed and ready to go, it will be released on our Website and in the Discord
You can thank the Beta Testers who got it first and made sure it's all bug free for you!

======================================================================================================================================================
======================================================================================================================================================

But now for the biggest question!

You can't actively support a voice mod if you don't know how it sounds right? So, how do the cast sound?
Well I can answer that for you! All voices at this point in time are subject to change, so please expect that to be a possibility.

Final Fantasy 9 was much harder to cast than 7 was because at the time , we had the Advent Children movie to attempt to copy (The Remake didn't exist when we first cast them).
This time we didn't have things to copy, outside of Dissidia, and some are Japanese only. So if you dislike a characters voice then we apologize. It was always going to be impossible to please everyone.
But we all hope that, at the very least, you like a handful of them. The goal is never to please everyone, but to piss off as few people as we can. So here's to hoping we do you proud!

• What do the cast sound like?
The cast can be heard right now below on our Announcement Trailer!
If you would like to let us know your opinions on the cast, then please do! We love to hear them, even the negative ones, as long as you do it respectfully.

If you love someone, tell them! Because they watch the comments and these threads, and a nice comment goes a long way!
You simply saying "I love garnets voice" could put a smile on her face that lasts all day. And that is what makes them happy to create these projects for you, for free!
So if you have a positive response then please do share it!

If you have an issue with a character however, please try and respond with constructive feedback.
DO NOT
just post "I hate this voice, they suck! Recast them now!"
You will not be listened to if you approach it this way. Respect us, and we will respect you.
As I mentioned, the actors watch the comments and these threads to see how they're doing in the public eye.
They all work for free, to deliver you all a full, free experience. They don't have to do that. So please be respectful.

A better way to approach this and maybe have your opinion listened to, is to be nicer about it. For example:
"I don't think X's voice quite fits what I had in my head. I always imagined them to be more like X"
If you reply like this, you come across as respectful and have a much higher chance of being listened to.

But with all that our of the way, here ya go!
VOICE CAST VIDEO