Author Topic: [FF7PC][Tsunamods] Finishing Touch: ESUI Theme and Avatars  (Read 40527 times)

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC][Tsunamods] Finishing Touch: ESUI Theme and Avatars
« Reply #25 on: 2023-01-18 08:11:51 »
Color schemes don't work on previous saves. It only works on new games. But I will put in a force for previous saves as well.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-18 08:17:11 by Bonez »

Axel Firestorm

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2023-01-18 21:23:34 »
I just downloaded FT because I wanted to check if your credits screen works in 16:9 instead of just being cropped to 4:3 like the game over screen (been working on these things for my own mod and I know your game over screen has an option for 16:9 backgrounds) but your mod won't start. I can't even configure anything because the settings dialogue for it is disabled. When I click on the gear button it says "Failed to read mod.xml" and when I try to start the game with it I get an error message - "Unknown error when launching the game: The input string 'varname' was not in a correct format."

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2023-01-23 21:12:15 »
Bonez, first thanks for the continued efforts, you keep improving this mod and it's great!

The most recent update 2.2998 has messed up compatibility with A New Threat. Somehow it is altering materia. I am getting level 2 star materia where I should only have level 1 (I noticed specifically this happened with lightning and cure - not sure if that helps identify the issue) and Slow has changed from a green materia into a purple one, with level Stars extending off the screen and it has become uncastable in combat.

It is definitely some weird interaction with the latest version of FT as it reverts back to normal when I disable the mod. Hope we can figure it out, Finishing Touch has easily become my favorite UI mod.

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2023-01-25 01:35:56 »
Okay, as far as I can tell you have fixed the New Threat materia issue in the latest update 2.2999. Everything went back to displaying properly on equip screen, materia levels are fixed and slow is castable in combat again, I only tested for a short time but I'll let yo know if I find any other abnormalities. Thanks so much!

Unrelated - I've been wondering if it is possible to add status effect symbols to your mini avatars. I'm not familiar with everything but I noticed you are able to display a death skull symbol over the portrait when a character is KO'd. Could the same principals be applied for when your characters are silenced or blinded, I wonder?

lhsgenx37

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2023-01-28 17:43:10 »
Your new update is making the clock in the menu no longer show the seconds on my game. I can't attach an image because the post isn't allowing me to.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-28 17:45:43 by lhsgenx37 »

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2023-01-31 18:51:47 »
V2.29995 seems to have also misaligned clouds level up bar - exp earned on the level up bar is showing progress passed where the bar ends and continuing outside of its box and onto the menu.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2023-01-31 20:09:46 »
V2.29995 seems to have also misaligned clouds level up bar - exp earned on the level up bar is showing progress passed where the bar ends and continuing outside of its box and onto the menu.

Please ensure whether bugs happen with FT off and both FT and ESUI off before reporting here.
« Last Edit: 2023-01-31 23:38:23 by Bonez »

Euron-Crows-Eye

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2023-02-01 00:15:47 »
Apologies, after checking again - the exp bar issue seems unrelated to both Finishing Touch and ESUI - no clue why it is happening, but definitely not your mod, I'll be sure to check more thoroughly in the future.

lhsgenx37

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2023-02-11 11:53:19 »
The game crashes everytime on New Threat 2.0 when using FT or ESUI once you choose abilities in battle mode. It doesn't crash when turning off FT and ESUI.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2023-02-11 23:36:45 »
The game crashes everytime on New Threat 2.0 when using FT or ESUI once you choose abilities in battle mode. It doesn't crash when turning off FT and ESUI.

Turn off the "Using Echo-S" option in ESUI.

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2023-04-11 04:35:31 »
EDIT: Seems to be fine, my apologies! Awesome work!

Those Tactics avatars are INSANE, kudos! Any chance they may be released to be used as profile pics / avatars?
« Last Edit: 2023-04-11 06:49:53 by Robgatti »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2023-04-12 10:55:32 »
EDIT: Seems to be fine, my apologies! Awesome work!

Those Tactics avatars are INSANE, kudos! Any chance they may be released to be used as profile pics / avatars?

SStarW

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2023-05-30 18:58:07 »
I absolutely adore this mod. Makes the whole menu system look super clean and modern while still maintaining the classic/vanilla style that I didn't want to stray too far from.

Would it be possible to decouple the field buttons and dialogue avatars for this, however? I'm really not fond of the avatars, but if I want to use field button icons, I'm forced to also use the avatars. I'm not sure why exactly these are paired, but right now this is the singular thing that's stopping me from calling this whole theme "perfect".

WilliamBunch

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2023-08-21 09:50:37 »
I like this mod.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2023-09-22 11:12:01 »
Hello Bonez.

Right now I´m using your mod Finish Touch and its amanzing, congratulations. But, I found an issue when I use the portraits based on the PSX Memory card, here:

Emo

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2023-09-24 16:58:06 »
Can there be an option added to scale up the size of the Damage Numbers?
I play on a 4k res and the numbers are absolutely tiny now and I can't see any way to make them bigger while using this mod

geno93

• all hail lelouch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2023-09-25 03:06:02 »
Hi i'm tryng to use this mod with sephiroth swap mod. Can someone help me swap the icons for cloud/sephiroth in battle and in text?I have already extracted the iro ,but can't find an easy way to replace it like the avatar on menu.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2023-09-25 03:22:42 »
Hello again.

I don´t remember if these items are in the original FF7 or are exlusive of N.T. but these items doesn´t have simbols:

Roamin

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2023-10-05 21:47:15 »
I've been trying to get this mod working for a long time, and I've never been able to get past the movie intros without FFNx crashing. Even if it's the only active mod and no matter the version of the 7th Heaven launcher or FFNx, it crashes with no hints as to what's causing it. Any idea on what it could be?

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2023-10-05 23:14:25 »
I've been trying to get this mod working for a long time, and I've never been able to get past the movie intros without FFNx crashing. Even if it's the only active mod and no matter the version of the 7th Heaven launcher or FFNx, it crashes with no hints as to what's causing it. Any idea on what it could be?

Roamin

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2023-10-05 23:44:29 »
Thanks. I guess it didn't work before because I needed to redownload FT.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2023-10-08 00:07:29 »
Hello again Bonez.

I found this:

The simbols of the status effects doesn´t dissapear with the battle menu at the end of the battle.

DefMettle

• He who shouts loudest can only hear his own voice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2023-10-10 10:44:20 »
Beautiful mod. Any chance we could get some Font options? Im not too fond of the new Damage numbers.

lhsgenx37

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2024-02-03 00:26:42 »
Retouch battle view has the names covering my battle avatars. Is this a bug or do I need to adjust my mods?

neo_silentC

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2024-02-18 07:29:51 »
I've been playing the game with Retouch installed and just noticed that Vincent's avatar portrait art as well as Cid's art is still using arguably lower quality Advent Children assets and not the ones from Remake/Rebirth.  Their official bust art is now available in the Square Enix press site. I've linked to them below.
Spoiler: show

Any chance that they can updated to match the quality of the rest of the avatars? Thanks.