Author Topic: Intro screen too big  (Read 2555 times)

GuardianXtreme

• View Profile
Intro screen too big
« on: 2013-04-15 18:59:38 »
Hi. sorry for asking if this has been already answered.
I did a search but can't find the problem or the exact phrase to my problem.

whenever I start FF7 Mod the intro where eidos appear on the screen is too big. it's not fitting in the 1920x1080.
It's like somebody dragged my screen to right far bottom.
This problem consist where I can select continue or new game.

I have a strong feeling it's not game related more like.
Missing codec or some misconfiguration in windows or directx I tried to fix these but no luck so far.

I don't know how to describe the problem exactly. But I can add for example. If your resolution is to small some programs will chop off some buttons as it doesn't fit.
I have the same but mine blows up (bigger) then my standard resolution.
Fixing this in boatloader did not not help...
updating graphic card didn't work
I didn't have this problem before I re-installed my pc now I do...

Hopefully somebody will know the answer to this.

Thank you in advance

OS window7 Ultimate
Geforce GTX 480

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Re: Intro screen too big
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-15 23:20:04 »
See what your max screen resolution of yor screen then open ff7opengl.cfg the the bit at top with screen resolution replace them with your screen resolution and make sure Fullscreen is on
Not sure if this will work if not hopefully someone could help you out but worth a try

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-16 01:42:53 »
Hi GuardianXtreme

On your TV, there should be a function "Auto Adjust" (or similar).
That should adjust your TV to the currently selected resolution of your graphics card.

GuardianXtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-04-16 03:46:02 »
thanks for the quick reply

reply to: e1sunz

I forgot to mention specifically that I tried to edit there already. Even when adjusting save aspect ratio didn't help sadly

reply to: Kompass63
I'm afraid that isn't the problem and is configured as that. As the problem arise only in certain games that use some codec or old file.

So my question is when you mount the old cd as I have the 2012 version which I bought from squareenix. I recall back in the day when loading the cd's 1998 is it? you needed to install some codec for video playback. Can anyone recall the name of it?

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-04-16 04:39:34 »
The old 1998 movies can be played by installing the TrueMotion2.0-Codec.

But the new movies should also be playable.
May install the K-Lite-Mega-Codec-Pack...

GuardianXtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-04-17 20:48:04 »
After some testing I notice the problem only occurs in full screen mode.
As window mode it's fine. I manually edit the cfg file which helped a bit but didn't fix the problem.

I reinstalled the the game and started the 2012 version and the video and everything was fine....
did patch bootleg and the problem occurred again...
I messed around in the bootleg config to find out the problem lies in window position.

So my question is why do I need to mess around there for what reason. and I'm still experimenting getting a proper window size which I'm editing in a negative value which so far no luck yet...

but if I start the ff7.exe without bootloader all is well... so the problem is in bootloader but where...

Can anyone shed some light on this matter?

reply to: Kompass63
I already had K-lite codec pack installed and reinstalling it didn't help even when I reset it...
Thanks for the input though.it did help my troubleshooting.
« Last Edit: 2013-04-17 21:04:26 by GuardianXtreme »

GuardianXtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-04-18 20:41:09 »
I found the problem and the answer is...

Drum roll....

User error...

First I want to thank e1sunz & Kompass63 who tried to help me along the path to troubleshoot this issue.

Now for the answer...

When I re-installed my pc I told myself wow those icons are small on my desktop let's make it bigger! so I changed my DPI.
for those who don't know what DPI is. DPI you can make your fonts and icons and letter bigger on your screen which is easier to read as in my case 3 meters at least from the screen...

DPi should not be an issue in modern games but older games it can be because, DPI was not popular in those days well using your tv as a monitor screen or for people with bad eyesight.
The solution boils down to the game programming to ignore a certain value or to retain certain value and etc.
Sadly this has been an oversight when ff7 1998 version was first developed not 2012 version.

As in my case DPI  blew (zoom) up EVERYTHING including the video...
Changing the DPI to 125% to 150% is fine beyond that can get tricky which was in my case 250%

This issue was whacking my brain for days. ah well live and learn...