Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1091288 times)

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.6 FF7 PC
« Reply #1575 on: 2013-05-21 23:17:47 »
Okay, thank you bigmac. I haven't those ennemy skills yet, and I'm only at ~4500hp, so as you can imagine the fight is pretty hard  ;D
But I re-run from the beginning of ff7 now, but in english( with american spelling ), for working my english, and evict that so horrible french translation from japanese( ahhh thoses frenchies who don't know anything ekse than french..  :mrgreen: )
The first boss in hardcore is just an horror ! lol.
I only have 3 potions and 1 phoenix tail's, and I fight hard :D

Edit : The solution was to kill some sweepers to have the bolt item :)
Is it normal that the scorpion doesn't drop the weapon for barret as usual ?
« Last Edit: 2013-05-23 09:40:09 by ManuBBXX »

krockus91

• View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2013-06-03 01:47:02 »
Dude just wow. I've been watching guys like you,  brutal,  garland (I even made a youtube video about him once ha ha) ett and a few other people for years now I finally have a pc version and had the balls to patch it and I am amazed. Thank you so much for making this.

*Spoilers alert*

nibelheim flashback was much more fantastic, the reactor scene especially,  I was sitting there thinking please be a boss battle please be a boss battle and you had indeed put one in, and even with sephy there were a few parts where IIthought id had it.. simply brilliant.

jalmpitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: 2013-06-23 23:21:46 »
First, thanks for the enormous effort gjoerulv, the mod makes this a new game.

I'm quite advanced and so far I have not had serious problems (in mind the difficulty, I mean), but now it is making me very frustrating. Consulting the Sega Chief videos really seem to be a different game or very different version(the videos have two months, so I dismissed the idea).

Example, video 36, Adamantai combat, the Light Attack inflicts about 2500 damage points, to me up 4000. Ziedrich armor imagined what I would reduce this attack, although Sega says use the Minerva Armor, but I've tried it, and does not change the damage taken.
But no way, I could go up a few levels and face, but is the feeling that something is wrong, it is probably something I do not know, but I'm lost.

Any idea?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 2013-06-24 16:40:11 »
There is a version difference. I used the older v.1.0.4 while the newest one is v.1.0.6. I was curious about version differences so I've got myself two data folders, one with the v.1.0.4 and one with the v.1.0.6 so I could compare the two. However, when I compared both Adamantai between versions using the Proud Clod tool they appear to be identical; Lv60, 180 Strength, 220 Magic, and Light Shell has 48 power (on a magic calculation) with the Shout element.

I've included the stats of Tifa that affect defence here so you can compare. If you're using the old version of FF7 PC (without other mods like Aali's Custom Driver or YAMP patches) then it might be that you have the MDEF glitch still kicking around. Otherwise it might be a difference in characters, but I can't see the difference in stats being pronounced enough to cause a 2000-ish damage discrepancy.

Tifa's Stats
Kaiser Knuckle
Minerva Band (57 Magic Defence)
Reflect Ring
Lv: 57
Vitality: 46
Spirit: 65

Defence: 106
Mag Defence: 122

On a last note, I didn't pick Minerva Band because it gives better defence. In fact, the Ziedrich would effectively half the damage of Light Shell because it has an element (Shout). I picked the Minerva Band because it nullifies Earth and if you nullify an elemental attack that has a status ailment attached to it, then the spell misses you instead of dealing 0 damage, and that means it isn't reflected back (Adamantai is fully healed by the Earth element so had to avoid reflecting Break back).

Let me know what your stats are and what version of FF7 PC you're using so we can work out why the damage is different.

jalmpitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: 2013-06-24 18:31:31 »
It is clear, the problem is, my character has almost exactly the same stats, Tifa Lv56, same everything except magic defense is 63 (counting with Minerva Armor already equipped, 59 base of Tifa). Physics defense is correct (105 with  Minerva Armor, 45 base of Tifa).
The problem is that magical armor the Minerva(63) does not add to the character's base armor (59), leaving only 63 overlaps the base magic armor. 59+63=122 , agrees perfectly with your magic defense 122.

I have ONLY 1 mod plus gjoerulv besides, it makes the characters look less big heads and improves chocobo, only affects "WORLD_US.LGP", "CHOCOBO.LGP" and "CHAR.LGP", anything that may be affecting. I have FFVII PC 1997(not 2012).

Yes, I understand the choice of Minerva Armor, a magnificent idea, interestingly, when I wear ziedrich armor this reduces the physical damage so incredible, but magic damage is exactly the same, imagine it's the same problem.

Thanks for your help and videos ;). Will investigate the problem, now that I have identified.
« Last Edit: 2013-06-24 18:45:02 by jalmpitt »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 2013-06-24 19:10:47 »
No worries. There's definitely a patch for the Magic Defence glitch floating around somewhere; Aali's Custom Graphics Driver has it enabled by default in the version I have (0.7.10b). If not, it can be enabled through it's CFG file in the FF7 folder once it's installed.

Good luck with the rest of the mod!

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1581 on: 2013-06-24 19:39:21 »
There is a link to the mdef bug fix patch at page 1. Use Ali's cgd or the other one. I doubt it's harmful to use both.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: 2013-06-24 20:52:16 »
Little problem here with the new bosses added by the mod.
When I install bootleg, the console command says to me( error message popup ) : couldn't find gjoerulv's.exe. No problem, I click ok, I finish bootleg install, and then apply gjoerulv1.06.exe manually.
In game, the difficulty is effectively hardcore, but I haven't the new extra bosses added by gjoerulv. I picked choco-mog materia, and nothin' happens.
Somebody encountered same issue ? I have a gjoerulv.exe in windows path, but still this error message at bootleg install( never had it in bootleg0039 ), but with the last 0040, always had it.

jalmpitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 2013-06-24 22:05:45 »
Oh, yes, I have solved the problem, and now it works perfectly.  ;D

Gjoerulv, maybe you should further specify the problem does MDEF(not only the solution, I mean), for someone newcomer as I have no way of knowing that the game is almost impossible without this, it is just a suggestion, thanks for the help and hours of fun.

I completely ignore everything that does not have a proper description, so I ignore also the Ali's Custom Graphics, no description, zero attention, hehehe.

Greetings to all!

jalmpitt

• View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: 2013-06-25 11:21:47 »
I precipitate my finding, although such values ​​appear perfectly correct, there are still discrepancies, now Adamantai Light Shell hits me 3500 damage in Tifa, significantly lower than before 4500, but far from the 2500.

I continued and I have faced Aita (video 47), his attack of "Above of the Dead" harms me 9999 points in every character except Cloud that with the Warrior Bangle(total, 168 physical defense) stand suffering around 9000 damage.

Is this perhaps deliberate? Or my game is definitely buggy?
« Last Edit: 2013-06-25 11:35:57 by jalmpitt »

Oddish

• View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 2013-06-25 20:13:33 »
I've been enjoying this mod alot. I've been playing it as Solo Cloud Challenge. I just defeated Hojo and I gotta say it was really tough.

I still got bunch of stuff left to do and I'm not sure if they're all doable.

-Emerald, Ruby and Omega Weapons
-Battle Arena for W-Summon and Final Attack (Definitely doable)
-Typhoon materia boss
-KOTR materia boss
-Sephiroth (It's been ages since ive actually done the final boss in any ff7 playthrough, forgot the mechanics but I think it required multiple parties?)

One thing thats really bugging me is magic evade. When playing solo I have to rely on magic counter+full cure alot which means I can't really stack luck or evade. I'm pretty sure some of these bosses will require me to do so. Maybe it'll be different when I get final attack and phoenix combo.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1586 on: 2013-06-26 03:07:16 »
Little problem here with the new bosses added by the mod.
When I install bootleg...

I'm really sorry. I don't use bootleg, and I don't feel it's my responsibility to answer any bootleg related questions. I understand the challenge to support as many mods as possible, as bootleg does. I can nothing but admire the determination and effort put into it.  :)   

Gjoerulv, maybe you should further specify the problem does MDEF(not only the solution, I mean), for someone newcomer as I have no way of knowing that the game is almost impossible without this, it is just a suggestion, thanks for the help and hours of fun...

I'm happy to hear you like it!  ;D I could make it clearer that you would want the mdef bug fix, but imo it's right there at the 1st page, thus very clear. Maybe in the next release, I'll be include the bugfix in the patch.

One thing thats really bugging me is magic evade. When playing solo I have to rely on magic counter+full cure alot which means I can't really stack luck or evade. I'm pretty sure some of these bosses will require me to do so. Maybe it'll be different when I get final attack and phoenix combo.

Interesting to hear you doing challenges. Keep in mind that this is not really suited for challenges. More power to you if you pull it off though.

On another note (if I havent't been clear), this mod is not aimed for the "perfect game" lovers. That is, getting a 100% score when you finish the game (stealing every item, getting all e.skills as early as possible etc.). But, of course, play the game as you want. My main goal (besides making it as I want it) is to make a refreshed gameplay that stays true to the original.

scix

• View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: 2013-06-28 12:08:45 »
I love the mod gjoerulv; it's been refreshing to play a JRPG with genuine difficulty. One possible tweak is to add the Blue Dragon enemy into some later areas in the game so one has the option to acquire dragon force if they happened to miss it in Gaea's Cliffs. I mostly played without a walkthrough so I was unaware that such a mandatory spell was available there. I ended up adding it in with Black Chocobo but it would be nice to have another opportunity for those that don't know the game inside out.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 2013-06-28 12:58:11 »
You can pick up Dragon Force from a Dark Dragon in the Northern Cave on Disc 3.

scix

• View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 2013-06-29 05:02:02 »
You can pick up Dragon Force from a Dark Dragon in the Northern Cave on Disc 3.

Yeah, I knew about that. I was speaking more for the time between leaving the Cliffs and reaching the North Cave. But perhaps it is already reasonable as it is; it's a hardcore difficulty mod after all.

Tray

• View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: 2013-07-01 02:09:32 »
Hey, I just beat the midgar raid and I was a little curious how the final boss stacks up to some of the some of the sidebosses.  Like if I played to the point where I could beat emerald and ruby weapon before I finished the game would it make the final boss relatively easy or is he about as powerful as the two weapons?

Thanks for the great mod by the way, I've played ff7 so much I could beat the regular game with no problem and this has given me a run for my money at some points so it makes it a lot more enjoyable.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1591 on: 2013-07-01 11:04:53 »
@Tray
I believe the final bosses are on par with the weapons. Some people find the Materia cave bosses harder though. Imo Emerald and Ruby are tougher. The materia bosses should be beatable as soon as they are accessible (before Midgar); the weapons are not. It depends on how much you grind etc.

Xuiryus

• View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: 2013-07-06 10:35:23 »
Is there support for the 2013 Steam release of FF7? Or a way to get the current methods to work with that release?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: 2013-07-06 13:08:33 »
Yes, just tick "2012 Re-release" in the installer.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: 2013-07-06 13:50:52 »
Gjoerulv, did you increased the difficulty / and or max HP of emerald and ruby weapons in your mod ?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: 2013-07-06 15:46:24 »
Yes.

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: 2013-07-06 18:18:50 »
How many HP for emerald approximatively ? I believe than in 'normal' game, it is about 1.000.000 is it ?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: 2013-07-06 20:59:10 »
HP is unchanged (1,000,000) but other stats are greatly increased.

Xuiryus

• View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: 2013-07-07 09:10:05 »
Yes, just tick "2012 Re-release" in the installer.

I tried this it doesn't work. It can't find most of the files.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: 2013-07-07 14:29:30 »
Oh, the Steam release... Well, you can't mod it as long as it's under the Steam folder... You need to separate it.