Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod (v1.0.7.2)  (Read 1091307 times)

Secret255

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] gjoerulv's "Hardcore" mod. v1.0.6 FF7 PC
« Reply #1625 on: 2013-08-19 03:13:54 »
Hello gjoerulv

Is there anywhere I can find a list of information regarding your mod? Like exact changes from vanilla, weapon stats, materia stats, etc.?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: 2013-08-19 12:32:13 »
In the installer, click the Info button.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: 2013-09-18 23:11:05 »
Gjoerulv, I've been meaning to ask but do you still have copies of the old/original versions of your Hardcore mod anywhere? I've been itching to try them but haven't had much luck finding them (sorry if I've asked this before and forgotten).

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1628 on: 2013-09-19 22:02:01 »
If you got 1.0.4 and 1.0.5 there aren't any reason to try the older ones. They are easier and contains more bugs. The lvl 4 limits ignoring defence is one of the few contributors to actually making it easier in the later versions.

In other words: they are more or less exactly the same.

If you still want to try I'll post some links. The problem is that I don't know what versions they are since I didn't label 'em in mediafire. :P

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: 2013-09-20 15:22:33 »
Really? Damn. I'd heard from a few people that the very early versions of the mod were ungodly hard so I'd been hunting around for them. If they're more or less the same as the later versions then no worries.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1630 on: 2013-09-23 23:01:56 »
If you want ungodly hard there is a mod thats perfect for you

silamon

• View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: 2013-10-04 03:09:06 »
I apologize if this has already been answered somewhere but... What do I need to do to get this to work with (Link removed. Let's not give this mod thief traffic.) coudystrife's graphic overhaul? Or is there another compatible graphics mod with steam? I know you mentioned renaming the files added to battle.lgp, however I do not have a way to open that file, unless there is a free program I can get for it?

Edit: the game crashes after getting a battle near where guard scorpion boss battle occurs. It works alright up to that point. I assumed there was a new model added that your mod doesnt seem to agree with
« Last Edit: 2013-10-04 15:16:50 by The Great Covarrtsby »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: 2013-10-04 04:00:45 »
Don't use Cloudy Strifes (hijacked) mod. I have seen many of these models in detail and they are far away from looking acceptable beside of the texture.
Also some of these models are ripped and he isn't even giving credits to the original authors of the models. So some people thinks he has done a real great job.
Anyway here is a legal one: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14405.0

If you install the hardcore mod at last it should work with it.

silamon

• View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: 2013-10-04 04:07:43 »
Oh really? Well that's good to know... I had no idea he was not the maker of that mod :x Thanks for the fast response, I will try the one you mentioned

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: 2013-10-04 04:23:06 »
He had his work with it, but it is actually a tweaked version of the UltraHD Fan Made Remake.

silamon

• View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: 2013-10-04 04:35:08 »
It works  ;D
Thanks a lot

silamon

• View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: 2013-10-04 15:52:43 »
Out of curiosity, are there any hd models based on Advent Children that would work with the hardcore mod? I rather liked the AC models, although the ones posted by Template are not bad either'

Edit: I only really care about having the AC models for Sephiroth, Cloud, Vincent, Barret, and Aerith so if there is a specific mod for those it would be great. I am also seeing if I can do it myself with that uLGP thing, so I might get it going on my own  ;D
« Last Edit: 2013-10-04 16:14:21 by silamon »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: 2013-10-04 17:44:21 »
I am also seeing if I can do it myself with that uLGP thing, so I might get it going on my own  ;D

I think your best bet is the LGP thing, that way you can insert mods manually and have greater control over how your game looks/runs (which can come in handy in the future if you see a better model for a character or if you want to mix and match models). Just remember to use Gjoerulv's battle.lgp when inserting the character models as it contains new monsters that the mod needs in order to work (none of the old monsters/battle models were overwritten though so for the most part replacing a character's battle model should work fine).

If you don't have this bookmarked already, then this will be invaluable: http://www.alhexx.com/documents/other/battle_database.txt

It lists all the battle models in the battle.lgp. Basically, battle models are grouped by the first two letters (so every file starting with 'RT' in the battle.lgp belongs to Cloud's regular battle model). So to insert a new Cloud model, you'd basically 'unlgp' the battle.lgp, copy-replace all the new Cloud parts in, then 'lgp' the file again so that it can be read by the game. If you can get it working, Borde's Kimera tool can let you see battle/field models before and after you've moved them to see if you've done it right.

silamon

• View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: 2013-10-04 17:59:04 »
Got it working perfectly now  :-D

Thanks for the help everyone
« Last Edit: 2013-10-04 18:01:46 by silamon »

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: 2013-10-19 02:26:59 »
Hi there. First of all I want to congratulate Gjoerulv for this FANTASTIC mod. I think it's the best mod there is, and I'm enjoying it very much! However, I'm right at this part of the game in Midgar where I'm supposed to fight Locke, Theo and Venus, but they just don't appear! O.o What could I be missing??? I really want this fight. :(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1641 on: 2013-10-19 16:59:55 »
In the shinra HQ? DId you patch the flevel?

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: 2013-10-19 17:51:46 »
In the shinra HQ? DId you patch the flevel?
It's before the Hojo fight, in the stairs. Well if I'm using this Hardcore Mod since the beginning of the game so I suppose those guys should've appeared. I've also heard I can encounter them on other parts of the game but I don't think I ever did, and I don't remember what other parts of the game they should appear. Only thing I know for sure is that they didn't appeared here. :/
Could it be because somehow I never have fought them before?

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1643 on: 2013-10-19 20:40:29 »
How did you apply this mod? Did you use the patch I made (downloaded from this thread)?
Do you have the new or old release?
It sounds like flevel.lgp isn't patched, or you have applied another mod on top of mine.

Try to run the patch again, and only patch flevel.lgp.

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: 2013-10-20 00:17:38 »
I did it with Bootleg. And from what I've seen from EQ2Alyza's Youtube videos everything is just like her game. These 3 guys are the only exception. xD
Anyway, since I'm already at this part of the game I want to try and finish the game first as it is. It's not like these guys will make a difference now. :/

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #1645 on: 2013-10-20 08:40:26 »
Have you met any of the other bosses? There is a new boss on most summon materias.

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: 2013-10-21 16:47:05 »
Yes I did. The White Chocobo (correct me if I'm wrong) and a few others... but I can't remember them. x)
Talking about it I haven't seen any new enemies or bosses in a while...
Is there some kind of list about the new enemies & bosses? That way I can have 100% if I'm missing something.

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: 2013-10-21 17:03:48 »
Confirmed. I'm not finding any new bosses. Because I never fought the one on Hades materia. -.-
I don't like to follow walkthroughs because I prefer to play games on my own no matter how difficult they are, so that's why I've only noticed now. I've checked EQ2Alyza's videos on youtube a few times however, but only when I was really stuck, so I haven't seen any new bosses I might have missed. But I do know for sure that my game is just as hard as her's. I even have the equipment tweaks and materia tweaks like only being able to summon 1 summon per battle, etc.
I dunno how I could've gotten this difficulty and not the new bosses. O.o Anyway, to fix this I just need to re-install this mod again, simple as that, right? Dammit...
« Last Edit: 2013-10-21 17:11:40 by Squall_1904 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #1648 on: 2013-10-22 08:38:23 »
Confirmed. I'm not finding any new bosses. Because I never fought the one on Hades materia. -.-
I don't like to follow walkthroughs because I prefer to play games on my own no matter how difficult they are, so that's why I've only noticed now. I've checked EQ2Alyza's videos on youtube a few times however, but only when I was really stuck, so I haven't seen any new bosses I might have missed. But I do know for sure that my game is just as hard as her's. I even have the equipment tweaks and materia tweaks like only being able to summon 1 summon per battle, etc.
I dunno how I could've gotten this difficulty and not the new bosses. O.o Anyway, to fix this I just need to re-install this mod again, simple as that, right? Dammit...

materia, equipment etc is kernel based
enemy stuff is scene.bin based
new enemies need models in the battle.lgp

> only being able to summon 1 summon per battle
I don't remember THIS being part of the hardcore mod at all. How would he even code that?

the new bosses are based on just the flevel, so if you're not finding them, your flevel isn't patched.

Squall_1904

• View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: 2013-10-22 19:16:43 »
materia, equipment etc is kernel based
enemy stuff is scene.bin based
new enemies need models in the battle.lgp

> only being able to summon 1 summon per battle
I don't remember THIS being part of the hardcore mod at all. How would he even code that?

the new bosses are based on just the flevel, so if you're not finding them, your flevel isn't patched.

Yeah I've just re-installed and I have the new bosses now. I also thought I already had them not only because I've fought the White Chocobo but also because there's a monster near Rocket Town that gets bigger in size right after the battle starts, and another monster does the same in the grass area near Mideel. So I thought those 2 were part of the hardcore mode and thus I thought all bosses & monsters were already added since everything else I had was part of the hardcore mode.
And yeah, 1 summon per battle, you can see all the materias only have 2 stars.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-22 19:23:17 by Squall_1904 »