Author Topic: [FF7PC-98] Higher Resolution (v1.00)(Discontinued, use Aali's driver)  (Read 377073 times)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
[BETA RELEASE] Higher Resolution FFVIIPC [v1.00]
« Reply #275 on: 2005-08-27 06:18:33 »
Quote from: Reunion
Hey I just noticed this while playing through...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/bba02e5a.jpg

just wondering if it is easily fixable...

I need a gamesave before that point, I have no idea when that happens even.

Lenas

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2005-08-27 07:26:03 »
Ultima edition has no CD check, so if you replace the ff7.exe with the 1.02 version, you add a CD check.

jamesyfx

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2005-08-27 12:04:43 »
Quote from: The SaiNt
I need a gamesave before that point, I have no idea when that happens even.

That.. is just before where Cloud gives Seph the black, weapon emerges etc.

.. I think.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2005-08-27 16:55:54 »
Yes it is the part in the north crater just before Cloud gives Sephiroth the black materia.. (more precisely scene 702)
There is a whole bunch of dialog between the nearest save point and this scene so I changed the upper exit link in trnad_4 to load scene 702.
http://venus.walagata.com/w/reunion/FF7scene702.rar
So replace the trnad_4 map with the one I put in the rar file then load the save game and go up the next screen and instead of loading scene 711 it will load 702 and save you 15 minutes of going through all the dialog.

-edit- Sorry I should have looked at this more carefully. I think it may just be my video card (Radeon9500) not your patch at all because it only displays corrrectly with software rendering. But if someone could check that just to be sure.. thanks

This is what is should look like:http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/398ab9a0.jpg

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2005-08-27 17:51:54 »
Took me a while, but: Confirmed, all I get is white, too.  Looks like the new background texture isnt rendering correctly.  Using a 6600gt.

And on another note, the movies are playing kinda slow, even though i'm running them off my HD.  Anyway to optimize that prt of the code and let them run a little faster?  I mean, i can full-screen them (1280x960) in winamp and they play just fine.  But in ff7 they lag, and eventually the audio mis-synchs and.. yeah =(

Hybrid

« Reply #280 on: 2005-08-27 23:01:33 »
Hello,
i have now another Problem.

Like other ones, i want to patch my german version of FF7 with this patch. But doesn't work, cause of wrong filesize or already patches ~smth like that. I've tried many times with english exe's, english patches etc. Still doesn't work. Can you pls look how i can patch my german version.. ? You can take the 1.02 German Patch for example. I'll hope someone tries...

Bye then,
HybriD

jc2k300

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2005-08-27 23:41:31 »
I don't get the battle model replacement at all when I patch it...Ok this is what I did,
1) downloaded The_SaiNt/[The_SaiNt]_High_Res_FF7PC_Patcher.rar
2) Extracted the [The_SaiNt]_High_Res_FF7PC_Patcher.exe into my FF7 folder
3) Started up FF7

Ok now I have the same blocky models as I did before. Is their a way I can fix this? I don't know exactly how to use this thing. Thanks in advance

Hybrid

« Reply #282 on: 2005-08-27 23:49:23 »
Quote from: jc2k300
I don't get the battle model replacement at all when I patch it...Ok this is what I did,
1) downloaded The_SaiNt/[The_SaiNt]_High_Res_FF7PC_Patcher.rar
2) Extracted the [The_SaiNt]_High_Res_FF7PC_Patcher.exe into my FF7 folder
3) Started up FF7

Ok now I have the same blocky models as I did before. Is their a way I can fix this? I don't know exactly how to use this thing. Thanks in advance

There are 2 Exe's in the archive.
You must start both and let it patch... Then in the config it must be: 640x480 Fullscreen, nvidia tnt. Then it should work :)

And pls look at my problem too.

Bye,
Hybrid

jc2k300

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2005-08-27 23:55:53 »
I did both, sorry for not being 100% specific, I restarted my pc, and now when I open it, I get the Edios startup video, but then right after, it exits out of the game, this is confusing...

Specs: GeForce4mx 4000, P4 2.75 ghz...

jc2k300

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2005-08-28 02:52:40 »
sorry if this was already shown but, http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8761/lines1rn.jpg
How do I get rid of the lines going along the screen?

Admin note: Don't show huge pictures directly, a link is fine.

Hybrid

« Reply #285 on: 2005-08-28 04:28:41 »
You have to change the Mode in 'FF7Config.exe' to TNT !
Then there are no longer lines.

Bye,
HybriD

CkRtech

• View Profile
    • http://foxyford83.proboards20.com/
« Reply #286 on: 2005-08-28 05:20:43 »
Here are some resources for the Whirlwind Maze bug -

Screenshot mentioned earlier: Barret

Savegame Slot:
Save block 00, Whirlwind Maze (like 5th one down)

There is a LOT of cutscene to chew through, but just walk north of the save point and straight on through the chompers...err...lightning/forcefield area.

CkRtech

• View Profile
    • http://foxyford83.proboards20.com/
« Reply #287 on: 2005-08-28 07:20:24 »
I just finished the game (accidentally - I was trying to remember how far I could go before using that save crystal, but all of the sudden I was fighting....crud)

Anyway - a few things that might be a recap from earlier (err... spoiler screenshots) -

1: When Cloud falls into ???? (no really...the place is called ????) the initial screen looks like this: "Is  this..."

2: When it is time to switch parties during the 1st Seph fight, the options overlap: "Worried about the other party members"

3: During the credit roll, the top half of the screen rolls the credits while the bottom half of the screen flickers the initial "block" of credits. It's kinda hard to explain....and the screenshots didn't capture it the way I saw it. (I guess I could have made an animated GIF or something, but anyway....)

The bottom half of the screen flickers kinda like when you take a camera in a 3D computer environment and move it "out" of the defined 3D environment. Since there are no properties defined for the "outside environment", sometimes the application just flashes what textures were most recently in memory.....if that makes sense. (Run the game DOOM or DOOM 2 and walk through walls)

In any case, here is the pic w/ a little description written in it: Credit Roll

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2005-08-28 14:07:05 »
I did a check and the whirlwind maze bug exists in the TNT executable and isn't a problem with this patch. If I come across a solution to the bug I'll fix it but I doubt I will.

The "Worried about the other party members bug" should be easily fixable.

The credits bug will be fixed later, not a big priority I suppose, but thanks for pointing it out.

TheCrow

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2005-08-28 17:12:21 »
A patch high resolution is functionnal with a french version of final fantasy 7 ?

jc2k300

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2005-08-28 17:20:11 »
Quote from: Hybrid
You have to change the Mode in 'FF7Config.exe' to TNT !
Then there are no longer lines.

Bye,
HybriD

My game crashes on TNT after the Edios intro!!!

Eigaar

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2005-08-29 23:28:53 »
i cant get this to work at all, it is installed but it doesnt exactly cover the whole screen.
it covers about 1/3rd of the screen.

IamTHEkidKOALA

« Reply #292 on: 2005-08-30 00:10:43 »
The resizing looks really impressive, and the field sprite to battle sprite conversion screenies blew me away. I almost fell out of my chair, literally. Quick question, though. Is the field sprite to battle sprite conversion thing included in the patch that is posted? Or is that just a completely different project? I've read through the first four pages, but really can't tell. Sorry, n00bish question, but I just really need to know. Well, I don't NEED to know, but I really WANT to know. :) If anyone can answer me, I'd me much obliged. Thanks in advance. :)

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #293 on: 2005-08-30 01:09:14 »
Quote from: IamTHEkidKOALA
Is the field sprite to battle sprite conversion thing included in the patch that is posted?
It's the battle to field models conversion. :P
Or is that just a completely different project?
Yup, it's called The Reunion Patch.

dziugo

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2005-08-30 01:10:56 »
The resizing looks really impressive, and the field sprite to battle sprite conversion screenies blew me away. I almost fell out of my chair, literally. Quick question, though. Is the field sprite to battle sprite conversion thing included in the patch that is posted? Or is that just a completely different project? I've read through the first four pages, but really can't tell. Sorry, n00bish question, but I just really need to know. Well, I don't NEED to know, but I really WANT to know. :) If anyone can answer me, I'd me much obliged. Thanks in advance. :)

That would be field to battle models. And that's a different thing, it's in another thread too :D

Cyb

emmets_hell

« Reply #295 on: 2005-08-30 18:22:41 »
i tihnk ive found another crash problem. i dont think its been mentioned. with the high rez patch installed the game crashes at the second reacter, just as the fight with airbuster is about to start. granted i was running reunion aswell, but i experimented with removing each in turn and i found out that it doesnt crash with the reunion patch as long as the high rez patch is removed. i suppose i could just reapply the saints patch, but it'll get tedious switching between the two. any possible solutions to the crashing problem?  cheers

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2005-08-31 00:08:46 »
Well, it doesn't crash at the second reactor for me using this patch... it might be a combination of the two, or something else...

emmets_hell

« Reply #297 on: 2005-08-31 09:39:23 »
must be something else then, as i tried to play this part with out the reunion patch and only saints patch, and it still crashed. it wouldnt surprise me if its my system. its been messing me around since i had  to perform a system restore a few weeks ago. ah well. ill try to see if i can sort this out

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2005-09-01 15:49:05 »
There, version 0.99.
Fixed the Silence, Sleep etc texture bugs.
Also fixed the Bizzaro Sephiroth font positioning bug.

Also there might not be updates in the next week or so as I'm busy moving so I won't have Internet access nor time to fix bugs.

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2005-09-01 15:53:33 »
Lenas, im very interested as to the copy of FFVII you were holding in your hand in the picture, would it be possible to see any more pictures of the box/ discs please?  That digipack version looks very sexy.