Author Topic: IroNite - .iro packer and unpacker  (Read 35691 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
IroNite - .iro packer and unpacker
« on: 2019-02-27 09:39:38 »
A small but handy tool to pack or unpack your iro files:
https://mega.nz/#!qdtRQAxT!OJY1emH5ieUf-_sMyYJ6klixvzJp5IJzeaS6Cbd0Gjk

Old file
https://mega.nz/#!mA9wAaIA!ABkqyeETrL_yjKiDOjvMnU_G8LSCpsZgXY-Qm3-_4kw

Usage:
To unpack an iro-file place it into packed. Run the bat file and select unpack when you are asked.
To pack a folder into an iro mod file, place it into unpacked. Run the bat and select pack.

Keep in mind that the bat will create iros which are always compressed by content.

Thanks to:
TurBoss
Red XIV
quantumpencil
Iros
« Last Edit: 2019-05-28 11:41:44 by Kaldarasha »

Exo2094

• View Profile
Re: IroCreator - .iro packer and unpacker
« Reply #1 on: 2019-04-12 00:11:12 »
What do you want to do?
(p)ack folder to iro /(u)npack iro to folder:u

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\User\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Iro_Mods\Packed\[Tsunamods]'.
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   en _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) en C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 305
   en IrosArc.Program.Main(String[] args) en C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\IrosArc\Program.cs:line 68

tracido

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-04-23 23:57:13 »
A small but handy tool to pack or unpack your iro files:
https://mega.nz/#!mA9wAaIA!ABkqyeETrL_yjKiDOjvMnU_G8LSCpsZgXY-Qm3-_4kw

Usage:
To unpack an iro-file place it into packed. Run the bat file and select unpack when you are asked.
To pack a folder into an iro mod file, place it into unpacked. Run the bat and select pack.

Keep in mind that the bat will create iros which are always compressed by content.

Thanks to:
TurBoss
Red XIV
quantumpencil
Iros

Oh my, another one outside of 7th Heaven, thank you so much, can't believe I never found this yet..

That was ALL I needed, it works just as you directed Kal, much respect.
« Last Edit: 2019-04-24 00:13:44 by tracido »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-04-25 07:09:06 »
What do you want to do?
(p)ack folder to iro /(u)npack iro to folder:u

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\User\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\Iro_Mods\Packed\[Tsunamods]'.
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   en System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
   en _7thWrapperLib.IrosArc..ctor(String filename, Boolean patchable) en C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\7thWrapperLib\IrosArc.cs:line 305
   en IrosArc.Program.Main(String[] args) en C:\Users\TurBoss\Projetcs\7h\IrosArc\Program.cs:line 68

The script don't like spaces. The temporal fix is to remove spaces from the mods name. Sorry, I usually use _ instead of spaces for file names.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Re: IroNite - .iro packer and unpacker
« Reply #4 on: 2019-05-28 11:49:54 »
Update:
I found a proper name for the tool IroNite (https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII_enemies?file=Ironite_FF7.png#I)
and fixed the issue with the spaces. The tool comes now as an exe (just a silly bat to exe conversion), but its for 64bit windows systems. With 32bit my virus scanner nukes it when built. While it shouldn't harm anything, I don't want people to complain about a false(?) positive.

alexd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-06-01 21:13:00 »
hello you know how to package the files to lgp

ghettowario

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-09-11 04:02:51 »
Receiving this error upon attempting to repack an iro.  Any idea on how to fix this?  I cannot create an iro as a result.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Ja7KNQ8eUUZuPrFS1QL8QMomL6gRWn5/view?usp=sharing

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #7 on: 2021-03-16 12:56:18 »
So i would like to open or make some iro files any source code for this or a tool that works in wine ?

klu93

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2021-12-12 14:31:56 »
So i would like to open or make some iro files any source code for this or a tool that works in wine ?

Yeah if anyone got this to work in wine would love to know how. I tried running:

wine start "C:\users\user\Downloads\IroNite\IroNite.exe" where I saved the IroNite folder into the c_drive folder of wine. The app ran, but I don't think it's finding the files in the Unpacked folder. My thinking was that using winestart with the path specified should have solved that issue, but no luck. Someone with more wine experience's input would be appreciated.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #9 on: 2022-01-21 13:02:12 »
Is there any source for this or is the IRO format documented anywhere you know of ?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #10 on: 2022-01-21 17:08:41 »
i know its probably not the solution you guys are looking for, but you can make a windows 10 disk and install it on a vm within your linux OS without activating it (which is 100% legal)

when you run the vm windows will always have a watermark in the corner saying "this windows is not activated" or something, but you will just be using it for a few tools anyway so shouldnt bother you too much

ironite is also built in to 7th heaven if that helps

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #11 on: 2022-01-25 14:57:55 »
As noted above you can run IroNite in wine but it never finds the file to extract or pack. I have found a workaround.

Download IroNite from the link above and extract it somewhere
Wine will need .net 4.5.2 so use winetricks to install it in your prefix
Completely forget about using IroNite, Just Delete the IroNite.exe and the Packed and Unpacked folders.
In the data folder is a utility that IroNite uses to work with Iro files we are just going to use this directly

IrosArc is is a CLI application so to use it we have to run it from the command line.
 Open a terminal in the path of the IrosArc application
 Use the command
Code: [Select]
wine IrosArc.exe  To see the following help.
 IrosArc does not Make the Output Directory when extracting so be sure to the path you want to extract to exists.
Usage: IrosArc [Create|Extract|List|MakePatch|ApplyPatch] [ArchiveFile] (parameters)

IrosArc Create [ArchiveFile] [BaseFolder] [CompressionType]
    BaseFolder = folder to pack
    CompressionType = Nothing|Everything|ByExtension|ByContent

IrosArc Extract [ArchiveFile] [DestinationFolder] [filter]
    DestinationFolder = folder to extract into.
    Filter = (Optional) Filename(s) to extract.

IrosArc List [ArchiveFile]
    Describe contents of archive

IrosArc MakePatch [OriginalArchive] [NewArchive] [PatchFile] [CompressionType]
    OriginalArchive = original archive you want to make a patch for
    NewArchive = updated version you want the patch to update to
    PatchFile = location to save patch into

IrosArc ApplyPatch [ArchiveFile] [PatchFile]
    ArchiveFile = Original archive
    PatchFile = patch to apply
    Archive is updated IN PLACE. Take a backup copy first if you need to keep the original!

I copied the iro i wanted to extract to the folder with the tool (i also renamed it) and made an dir named output used the command below to extract "mod.iro"
wine IrosArc.exe Extract mod.iro output/