Author Topic: [FF8:R] Demaster unofficial patch- HD fields, monsters, fixes + launcher 1.3.0  (Read 126436 times)

ff7maniac

• View Profile
me, which I find unfortunate. it's the people who yes they have a pirated version, but they can't modded it, but they also have an original ps1 or pc 2000 version but who finds it logical not to pay 2 3 4 times the same game. satsuki understood it with his complete pack in French, you have an all in one pack, the complete ff7 game, his textures pack, audio mods,movie mods, modern 3d models, the ffnx engine etc etc but to install it you have need an original disc version ps1 or pc, or the steam version. with his pack no need to have buy ff7 2 or 3 times etc.

Yagami Light

• View Profile
That is great to know.  :D

Your definitely legal software that allows extracting, modifying and re-releasing trademarked artwork (often behind a patreon paywall) does not support piracy…
The best way to promote the worst received game in a saga is definitely acting entitled with those willing to TRY it.

If you cant afford to buy the game, which is very cheap during the sales then I believe you are the entitled one. Maki has spent a lot of time fixing the barebones mess square enix created. 
You are out of your mind if you think ff8 is the worst received game in the series. You dont need patreon to mod the game.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion

Your definitely legal software that allows extracting, modifying and re-releasing trademarked artwork (often behind a patreon paywall) does not support piracy…
The best way to promote the worst received game in a saga is definitely acting entitled with those willing to TRY it.

also you dont need demaster to extract, modify, and rerelease artwork from FF8 - and demaster doesnt come with any artwork either, so you're just full of crap

when you criticize something its always a good idea to actually know what you are talking about  :wink:

Mug3n

• View Profile
Hi I got a problem, the new modded textures are not loading

Jambibeu

• View Profile
I feel extremely dumb, but I simply can't get it to work.

What I've done is :

1) Download Demaster.
2) Put all Demaster files in my FF8 Remastered folder.
3) Run Demaster so it unpacks everything.
4) Download some mods. (LunarCry remastered for example)
5) Put the whole "texture" folder from .rar/zip mod archive into the "texture" folder from DEMASTER_EXP.
6) Run the game.

And I get the "unknown error". Some features will also cause other types of error, such as the UV mapping that tells me "Addresses are wrong. We found no ADD byte ptr[esi+8] at given rel call".

I don't get it, since the files in my FF8 folder look exactly the same as on Light's screenshot a few posts earlier. Same path, same files, etc. I'm new to this, so obviously I must be doing something wrong :/
I have also tried to tick/untick options one at a time, to see if one of those was causing the error, but it seems all of them are causing problems and will prevent the game from launching properly. I mean, sometimes I'll get past the "press any button" screen, but right after that I'll get an "unknown error", so... yeah.
For the sake of it, I've also tried with older versions of the Demaster, but the results are more or less the same.

Hi again.

I'm still having the same issue (yeah, figured I'd try again after all this time) and using the latest version of the game (my legal copy, from Steam) and Demaster (1320 EFIGS, the one with Japanese support) doesn't seem to change anything.

There's obviously something I must be doing wrong here, but for the life of me, I can't figure what.

Yagami Light

• View Profile
1. Place demaster files inside ff8 remastered main directory
2. Create new folder called DEMASTER_EXP inside ff8 remastered main directory
3. Use ZZZdearchive tool to extract the files from main.zzz and other.zzz and place those files inside DEMASTER_EXP
4. Does the game run? if not check demaster config file and change settings, still not working? verify integrity through steam and try again.
5. Do a quick edit to the square logo inside the texture folder to see if the changes happen in game.
6. Make sure any mods downloaded are in the correct folders inside the texture folder, and not just 'placed' inside the texture folder.

Tingcos

• View Profile
You might have chosen a bad time to get back into it.

I was playing it happily before the Japanese language patch dropped 2 days ago and now its completely broken, not booting at all. I uninstalled and tried to download v1.2 from steamdb but it still just boots vanilla.

Reading around steam forums and the discord, it seems demaster needs to be updated so just gotta be patient for a fix.

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile

Dotemu troll detected

It's legal- yes- also I'm in European Union and it's totally legal to do the code reversing and EULA is just some weird long text with many difficult words- that's really sad because I speaking English bad very and I'm good no this language. The software is just some weird dinput8.dll related precompiled file, probably for controls for the launcher or something- not sure. It also have compression algorithms inside! You can open any LZ4 file with this, miracle. I didn't see any tiniest portion of the game in the code which is publicly available. I'm not sure what is happening with all the weird numbers but for sure it produces errors when pasted to Call of Duty 2 so don't try it. I though about the title and the vanilla version (1.0.0.0) - indeed it's not fair the game support 1.0.2.0 and 1.0.1.0 even with 1.0.2.0 Japanese but it doesn't have everything ready for vanilla and of course 1.0.3.0. I doubt it's fair.

Although, One thing is weird- you just registered to write this hate post, wrote that this is the worst from the series, BUT! You took the time to carefully see how does the modding work here, what is released and! Actually tried to download them so you eventually encountered patreon of the guy that manually paints and prepares NEW work. So- which company are you from?

I bet 20€ for his IP coming from France. Additional 10€ if the person wasn't behind VPN and another 10€ if this person IP has company name in host name / provider.

@mods? 😁
Actually- let's put that to charity of users choice - I'm just really curious where are you from.

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
https://github.com/MaKiPL/FF8_demastered/releases/tag/1.3.2.2

Update for making playing 1.0.3.0 possible. Pre-release

ytaloxd524

• View Profile
Where can i download the Fields HD mod showed in the screenshots of the post?

FullTriball

• View Profile
Hello,

I have downloaded several mods ; BattlefieldPack-Remastered_v1-3-1, HorizonPack-Remastered_v1-1a, Lionheart-Remastered_v2-0, SeeDRemasteredFont-Tech_v1-a and Tripod_TripleTriad-Remastered_v1-1.

But I don't understand what I have to download and where I have to put the files for the mods to work?!

Could you explain clearly, step by step what I have to do and what I have to download please?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English!

Kuro Ichi

• Life Is Very Strange!
    • View Profile
Thank you so much Maki for your support on Demaster and how quick you did your Update so we can continue to play o/

Togra

• View Profile
Hi there,

Sorry if I am a crazy person I cannot find "ffviii_demaster_manager.exe" anywhere in the GitHub. I have checked all 3 of the release zips, and searched all subfolders. Am I missing something specific here?\

I found this .exe in the update for 1.0.2.0 - do I use that one? Sorry, as a non-technical person I don't really understand what is going on with the multiple release with significantly different content in each one.

I've now tried the following:

Extracted the FF8?R_Demastered_1300.zip into my Remastered folder, as well as all files from FF8_Demastered-1.3.2.2 (Because 1.3.2.2 does not contain the demaster_manager.exe file)
After running the exe which created the Demaster_EXP folder my game simply will not open, no error codes thrown, just nothing.

I'm really confused about what i've done wrong. The latest package doesn't seem to contain the exe needed to manage the Demaster, but using the old EXE/files seems to break this?
« Last Edit: 2022-05-01 14:13:59 by Togra »

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
Updated JP working, updated EN repacked so no more download 1300 and then 1302

carlosebarba

• View Profile
Hello, I am not able to find the PDF with instructions of what do I have to download and where to put the dowloaded files.

Do I need to download the FFVIIIR_1030_en_final.zip and the source code (zip)
Is the PDF in the zip?

Thanks,

hobbitdur

• View Profile
Hi, I am sorry but after seeing many tutorial, I am block at the beggining...
I donwloaded the latest version of demaster. Normally in all tutorial you extract main.zzz file. But in my installation I don't have any .zzz files. I understood it is normally there from beggining. And then you add the different mod from the new folder created that contain all textures. Did i miss something ?
I tried with english and french version, in both cases I don't have those .zzz file.
Thank you for your help.

Tirothion

• View Profile
Hi, I seem to be running into an issue with Demaster and the field/background textures. Before unpacking with Demaster when loading the game vanilla the textures will still have the antialiasing to smooth them out. However after unpacking with Demaster I find that the backgrounds no longer have that effect, instead appearing as pixelated as the original ps1 version, as shown here:
https://imgur.com/c8KUt27
This is without any additional mods. My current settings for Demaster can be found here:
https://imgur.com/AHyReYr
Any help would be appreciated. I know people have griped about the blurry backgrounds but I would rather have those than, well, this.

Micchan

• View Profile
For anyone else having problems with using the JP version, download the FFVIII_JP.exe from the description of this youtube video.
The ff8jp_launchPatch.exe doesn't work at all. I tried all sorts of combinations, using all the different versions of the demaster patch including the ones for 1.02 and downloading the 1.02 version of FF8 remastered using DepotDownloader, or not using the provided launcher and just using the original one, and I never got it to work.
It would give me an application error, error 057, or the game not launching at all.
Only until I found this obscure video with under 800 views from almost 1 year ago that I managed to get it running.

I suggest adding this to your releases and removing or fixing the ff8jp_launchPatch.exe. There are people like me and of course the native Japanese people that want to play the game in its original language.