Author Topic: [FF7PC][TSUNAMODS] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW V5 - unsuported anymore  (Read 382057 times)

psxlover

• View Profile
Hallo @satsuki. Would downloading the latest version of FFNx and replacing it after installing SYW enable achievements? I'm guessing I would need to keep a copy of the original steam executable and replace the one that SYW uses with the original as well?

Is there a plan for a new version with the updated FFNx for the Steam Achievements and analog movement support planned?

LyAura

• View Profile
Hello, I keep getting an error that says "No FF7_SYW V5 in this folder" when try to install using the AIO installer.
"TSUNAMODS.FF7.SYW_V5.Update.5.42.exe"

Could someone help?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Current version is 1998 exe based, not steam's , so you can't use achivement ATM.
I went from steam version to 1998 version to avoid some strange savegame file bugs.

I don't heve much free time ATM but i plan to update the pack when FFNx will be in a stable way (ATM lots of tests / release)

LyAura

• View Profile
@satsuki
Was that also a reply to me?
So.. it won't install on the steam version?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
@satsuki
Was that also a reply to me?
So.. it won't install on the steam version?
you need to install the full version then the update .... like explained : Download SYW V5.40 for Steam All-in-one Installer: HERE. {MIRROR} - Update 5.42 : HERE. {MIRROR}

nightowlkws

• View Profile
I'm trying to install the 5.40 installer & I get the message "This FFVII version is not a vanilla steam version". I literally just downloaded the game from Steam, even uninstalled & redownloaded, & tried again only to get the same message. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: NVM, found the answer. Had to completely delete everything after uninstall. Probably had to do with 7th Heaven being installed before running it once.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-03 05:07:40 by nightowlkws »

Kravensky

• View Profile
Hello!

I've unpacked [Tsunamods].SYW.V6.FMV.V6.32.iro with IroNite, then moved opening.avi to data/movies of "FINAL FANTASY VII" directory and bumped into a issue. During the opening there is no guards on the train station ([1]), they appear when the cutscene is over ([2]) and in the middle for a second or two ([3]). I can't reproduce the problem with avi from SYW4.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-03 15:18:29 by Kravensky »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
fmv iro is 30fps you need to use the camdata provided too ...

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
it's not FFNx related, it AMD driver related ^^, but yes it won't be fixed anytime soon T_T
I don't think so. Many other games, with different renderers (OpenGL, Vulkan, DX9, DX10, DX11), all work without that issue. Only with FFNx I see a blinking black screen.

LyAura

• View Profile
you need to install the full version then the update .... like explained : Download SYW V5.40 for Steam All-in-one Installer: HERE. {MIRROR} - Update 5.42 : HERE. {MIRROR}

That made me feel stupid.
But I have another question.
I have it running and stuff now.
How do I swap circle and x?
I play with Logitech gamepad.

EDIT - Got it. Had to copy the ff7input.cfg from "Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII" to the root install directory.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-05 15:21:06 by LyAura »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
I don't think so. Many other games, with different renderers (OpenGL, Vulkan, DX9, DX10, DX11), all work without that issue. Only with FFNx I see a blinking black screen.
Beacause it's using specfic grahical lib witch are not used by commercial games, and as AMD don't case about fixing those functions .... if you read on the discords channel you'll see that it's even depending on AMD/ATI driver version ^^'
As the same functions/libs are used and working great with intel and nvidia .... it's 100% amd/ati related ^^

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
Beacause it's using specfic grahical lib witch are not used by commercial games, and as AMD don't case about fixing those functions .... if you read on the discords channel you'll see that it's even depending on AMD/ATI driver version ^^'
As the same functions/libs are used and working great with intel and nvidia .... it's 100% amd/ati related ^^
You're talking about BGFX right? Shouldn't this problem be solved there?
I looked at https://github.com/bkaradzic/bgfx/issues and couldn't find any issue specific to AMD drivers.

And I wasn't talking about just commercial games. I have used dozens of open-source engines for different games and never encountered this specific issue that seems to be exclusive to FFNx.
« Last Edit: 2022-01-10 13:51:44 by ssjkakaroto »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
You're talking about BGFX right? Shouldn't this problem be solved there?
I looked at https://github.com/bkaradzic/bgfx/issues and couldn't find any issue specific to AMD drivers.

And I wasn't talking about just commercial games. I have used dozens of open-source engines for different games and never encountered this specific issue that seems to be exclusive to FFNx.
If you think so ask FFNx's devel and you'll get the correct answer ^^

OblivionViridia

• View Profile
Can You Explain In Detail What Are The Diffrences Between Remako HD Graphics And SYW

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Can You Explain In Detail What Are The Diffrences Between Remako HD Graphics And SYW
long story short SYW is better.
But feel free to try yourself, it's the best way to make your opinion and check for details ^^

OblivionViridia

• View Profile
Do short story long Version

OblivionViridia

• View Profile
long story short SYW is better.
But feel free to try yourself, it's the best way to make your opinion and check for details ^^
Do short story long Version

Raulfernandez25

• View Profile
where is the 60 fps patch (Obesebear, Kaldarasha, Vertex2995, and quantumpencil)?

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
where is the 60 fps patch (Obesebear, Kaldarasha, Vertex2995, and quantumpencil)?

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=21010.0;topicseen Right here

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Will be intégrated in the AIO pack in some days, i'm doing a modification of fields animations to lower the power needed by this option thanks to a new FFNx option, then i'll do some test and push a new version (i'll update the iro too).

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Will be intégrated in the AIO pack in some days, i'm doing a modification of fields animations to lower the power needed by this option thanks to a new FFNx option, then i'll do some test and push a new version (i'll update the iro too).

Thanks Satsuki!

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Updated Field's iro to get the lastest optimisation with FFNx (fields animation take much less power)
Updated 30 fps FMV iro, now all FMV iro are using 30 fps (2 was missing before)

FFNX 1.10.1.132+ required !

sh1v4

• View Profile
is this mod renaming the skill2 name also? from fire - fire2 - fire3 to fire - fira - firaga
i see from 7h there are [TSUNAMODS] Modern Spell Names by Bonez, but nothing about that feature is mentioned in your Feature

My bad, i thought that those mods are the same, and it looks like i have to use 7h in the end, because this mods is all the same which cannot obtain achievements

Anyway thank you for the mods
« Last Edit: 2022-02-01 11:54:29 by sh1v4 »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
achievements will be in next release, not so far away, i'm just waiting 60 fps will be stable enought to play the full game without crash (should be realy soon)

Curlyoxide

• View Profile
Hi Satsuki

Incredible work on this mod!
A quick question about the PSX buttons in the dialogue, is that an option to enable some how with your mod?
the only way I have been successful is by using ESUI and the controller addon with 7th heaven
Thank You for the continued support!