Author Topic: [FF9 PC] High-Res Chocographs (Chocograph Atlas)  (Read 6550 times)

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
[FF9 PC] High-Res Chocographs (Chocograph Atlas)
« on: 2021-05-12 21:27:06 »
FF9 High Res Chocographs

Chocographs remade from scratch by taking actual screenshots in FF9 Steam modded with Moguri Mod 8.2.

Image slider for comparison: https://imgsli.com/NTM5MTY

Download Link:
https://mega.nz/file/Xix0hIhR#TnT2qpm9H61KNOYSzGcpZ4BuEDCrqaS0jqLMZPAld7Q

Same, but customized with Italian names for chocobo abilities:
https://mega.nz/file/3ygRjJJL#3_24j9aJV5TGj4HA2wthNRjYXrYtvUXi24IJDCDp1Vs

Installation:
To use one of those images you need AssetBundleExtractor. Download it, open resources.assets with it from your "FF9\x64\FF9_Data" folder (or x86 if you're using a 32 bit pc). Find the file "Chocograph Atlas", with Texture2D Type (NOT Material). Hit Plugins, Edit, Load the image you downloaded and then Ok.

Now DON'T press Ok again or it'll close without saving. Go File instead, press save. You'll be prompted to save "sharedassets2.assets". Save it anywhere but the FF9 folder (cause you can't save it there) then close AssetBundleExtractor and replace the current sharedassets2.assets in the FF9 Folder with the new one.

Credits:
Snouz for the outstanding Moguri Mod
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19225.0
« Last Edit: 2023-06-17 16:02:36 by Caledor »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] High-Res Chocographs (Chocograph Atlas)
« Reply #1 on: 2021-05-12 22:11:20 »
Nice ones!
I never realised but it looks like they used a different light emitter for making these screenshots than what you have in-game.

Also, you can install that using the Moguri/Memoria mod without modifying the "sharedassets2.assets":
1) Create a bunch of folders inside each other like that:
ChocographAtlas/FF9_Data/EmbeddedAsset/UI/Atlas/
2) Place the mod image in this sub-folder (Atlas) and rename it "Chocograph Atlas" (without the .png extension).
3) Move the "ChocographAtlas" folder to FF9's game folder.
4) Register the mod in the file Memoria.ini by adding "ChocographAtlas" in the list of mods ("[Mod] FolderNames").

That way of installing mods avoids the problem of dealing with asset archives (you don't need to use AssetBundleExtractor) and merging the archives of different mods.

By the way, there's only an "english" version of that image. The chocobo abilities are in english even in the other languages and they always have been.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-12 22:13:04 by Tirlititi »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: 2021-05-12 22:24:02 »
By the way, there's only an "english" version of that image. The chocobo abilities are in english even in the other languages and they always have been.

Correct. On that note, I thought i might as well upload the high res Atlas I customized for my personal use, with chocobo ability names in Italian. Link added to the original post.

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2021-05-12 22:50:06 »
Very nice job Caledor, well done!

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2021-05-13 00:50:50 »
While it would make sense for there to be low res slightly-off images on the chocographs, these would obviously be far superior to work with in-game.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #5 on: 2021-05-13 01:32:48 »
excellent work, Caledor

nice job doing the work that is most needed at the moment!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2021-05-13 12:51:39 »
Beautiful maps! Well done! 👏
« Last Edit: 2021-05-13 12:53:34 by LeonhartGR »

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2021-05-13 17:22:44 »
Amazing work! Thank you!

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #8 on: 2021-05-15 01:28:31 »
Nice ones!
I never realised but it looks like they used a different light emitter for making these screenshots than what you have in-game.

Also, you can install that using the Moguri/Memoria mod without modifying the "sharedassets2.assets":
1) Create a bunch of folders inside each other like that:
ChocographAtlas/FF9_Data/EmbeddedAsset/UI/Atlas/
2) Place the mod image in this sub-folder (Atlas) and rename it "Chocograph Atlas" (without the .png extension).
3) Move the "ChocographAtlas" folder to FF9's game folder.
4) Register the mod in the file Memoria.ini by adding "ChocographAtlas" in the list of mods ("[Mod] FolderNames").

That way of installing mods avoids the problem of dealing with asset archives (you don't need to use AssetBundleExtractor) and merging the archives of different mods.

i will try this
Update: it does work
« Last Edit: 2021-11-21 12:01:46 by faospark »

Tirlititi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2021-05-15 07:36:10 »
I just tested and it worked for me, except that there is a problem with the image. Maybe you did a mistake in the folder names, or maybe you didn't add the mod's name properly in Memoria.ini?

Anyway, Caledor, in-game, the chocographs are all white because there is no alpha channel in your .png and parts that should be transparent are white instead. I am pretty sure that the problem is the same when importing the texture through AssetBundleExtractor.

Manakaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2021-05-15 10:25:06 »
Sweet

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: 2021-05-15 16:27:31 »
I just tested and it worked for me, except that there is a problem with the image. Maybe you did a mistake in the folder names, or maybe you didn't add the mod's name properly in Memoria.ini?

Anyway, Caledor, in-game, the chocographs are all white because there is no alpha channel in your .png and parts that should be transparent are white instead. I am pretty sure that the problem is the same when importing the texture through AssetBundleExtractor.

I uploaded by mistake one with a white background that i needed for another purpose, but i noticed that soon and uploaded another version. Apparently i also needed to refresh the link, which is what i did now.

BTW thanks everyone, glad you are all liking it.

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2021-05-29 22:37:08 »
RUS: Кто играет с русификатором, кидаем этот файл https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iHj5iR1yhSIVV9D7ONBG72nyAAfwHojJ/view?usp=sharing
сюда ...Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY IX\StreamingAssets\UI\Atlas
в Memoria.ini ничего править не нужно, файл подхватывается автоматически (главное что бы у него не было никакого расширения, я его уже убрал, поэтому просто закиньте и всё)
« Last Edit: 2021-05-29 22:42:53 by Xenogears »

OrangeCream

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2022-01-05 11:15:28 »
Hi! Thanks for making this, a small QoL feature that definitely adds to Moguri.

That said, I found myself missing the stylized look of the original chocograph images, so I sepia desaturated your images a bit and added some staining, we are digging them up after all!

Hope someone else enjoys it!

https://i.imgur.com/CsQWKXH.png