Author Topic: Is it possible to edit enemy weaknesses?  (Read 2570 times)

javisanchez1234567

• View Profile
Is it possible to edit enemy weaknesses?
« on: 2022-01-13 21:54:00 »
Hello, would it be possible to edit the weaknesses in the game? It seems very exaggerated to me that by weakening you do double damage. I would see better 50% more. The same would apply to the critic. Would it be possible to do this?

Additionally, I would also like to know if it is possible to edit the duration of the altered effects. For example, I would like sleep to not last as long so that it would be possible to affect more enemies without automatically winning the fight. This would also apply to mimic, which I see as overkill infinite copies without spending MP. It would be a more balanced command if it spent MP. Would anyone know how these changes could be made? Thank you.

Kefka

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to edit enemy weaknesses?
« Reply #1 on: 2022-01-15 15:15:27 »
I know only about the status duration, which is in the ff7.exe file at offset 0x3B64F0 (at least in the German version, not sure about others).

It's 1 byte per status, 16 bytes total. The statuses are in the order: stop, paralyze, death sentence, slow numb, barrier, magic barrier, poison, sleep, regen, drain, shield, peerless (the last 4 bytes are unused). Just increase or decrease the byte you want to either increase or decrease the duration time of the respective status effect.

I don't know about your other questions, but I would assume that the damage calculation formulas are all somewhere in the .exe, too. (I'd be interested in this as well.)

EDIT: just found an old thread where nfitc1 posted the offset of the english version, which is at 0x3B60F0:

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13649.0
« Last Edit: 2022-01-15 15:23:49 by Kefka »

javisanchez1234567

• View Profile
Re: Is it possible to edit enemy weaknesses?
« Reply #2 on: 2022-01-16 13:28:49 »
I know only about the status duration, which is in the ff7.exe file at offset 0x3B64F0 (at least in the German version, not sure about others).

It's 1 byte per status, 16 bytes total. The statuses are in the order: stop, paralyze, death sentence, slow numb, barrier, magic barrier, poison, sleep, regen, drain, shield, peerless (the last 4 bytes are unused). Just increase or decrease the byte you want to either increase or decrease the duration time of the respective status effect.

I don't know about your other questions, but I would assume that the damage calculation formulas are all somewhere in the .exe, too. (I'd be interested in this as well.)

EDIT: just found an old thread where nfitc1 posted the offset of the english version, which is at 0x3B60F0:

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13649.0

Thanks, this post is very interesting.