Author Topic: About scrolling opcodes.  (Read 2764 times)

Akari

• View Profile
About scrolling opcodes.
« on: 2007-01-09 12:06:15 »
I implement PC entity following so I need to add few related opcodes to manage this process. I have few questions (most notably one):

SCRCC - instantly sctoll to PC and after that camera follows PC eternally or until any other scroll opcode called. After calling any scroll opcode - scrolling to PC ends and camera stay as is. So we need to call SCRCC again if we want camera to follow PC again. Is it true?

Synergy Blades

Re: About scrolling opcodes.
« Reply #1 on: 2007-01-09 14:14:45 »
Just got back to uni and have had a few computer wobbles, so I'll get back to you ASAP :-D.

Synergy Blades

« Reply #2 on: 2007-01-11 20:41:13 »
Okay, the question was a little simpler than I thought it was. Yes, you're right, SCRCC will return it back to the playable character.

[Edit]Hmm, not sure what you mean by:

After calling any scroll opcode - scrolling to PC ends and camera stay as is.

Well... if you call another scroll opcode after SCRCC, it will do the scroll specified. When the scroll has finished, if you want the view back on the current playable character, a SCRCC will return it.
« Last Edit: 2007-01-11 20:43:02 by Synergy Blades »

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-01-12 05:28:11 »
Okay, the question was a little simpler than I thought it was. Yes, you're right, SCRCC will return it back to the playable character.

[Edit]Hmm, not sure what you mean by:

After calling any scroll opcode - scrolling to PC ends and camera stay as is.

Well... if you call another scroll opcode after SCRCC, it will do the scroll specified. When the scroll has finished, if you want the view back on the current playable character, a SCRCC will return it.

Mmm as far as I can understand - on every field camera follows PC by default. If we use scrolling opcode - camera scrolls  to defined place (and not return to PC automaticly). If we want to camera follow PC again we need to call SCRCC opcode.
I only confused by
Code: [Select]
SETWORD (60,06,3E,00)
SCRCC ()
BTLMD (20,00)
MUSIC (00)
MPNAM (01)
RET ()
in the DIR entity initialization on field md1_1. It seems there is no need for SCRCC opcode.