Author Topic: Level Scaling in FFVII  (Read 4885 times)

vega900

• View Profile
Level Scaling in FFVII
« on: 2015-08-09 19:09:12 »
Is it possible to put anything into an enemy/boss AI to allow for level scaling? Perhaps in the pre-battle AI section in ProudClod?

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: Level Scaling in FFVII
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-09 20:01:37 »
It is possible, yeah. Could do it a few ways, either by having the monster use your active character's level as a modifier for it's own stats (probably the neatest) or by having it sit with several 'tiers' of stats that are triggered when you go past certain level thresholds.

vega900

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-16 11:28:52 »
Thanks for the info, Sega Chief.

I've so far successfully managed to have all random encounters and Guard Scorpion level scale and receive stat boosts when the characters level fits into a certain range. It's working rather well, however for some reason, I can't seem to get HP to increase...

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-16 12:38:32 »
For HP, you have two values that need to be adjusted: Current HP and MaxHP (same thing with MP). Check out Safer Sephiroth's AI for an example of how HP is adjusted; some stats need the adjustment to be made in a different way (like pushing the value into a Local Var, adjusting them there, and then pushing them back into the stat).

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-16 21:13:02 »
The Bizarro Sephiroth is a good place to start as he was made to do what you want to do.  You may just need some tweaking here and there.

vega900

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-17 19:01:52 »
Ok, thanks for the advice.

I'm definitely no expert in this mod ding scene, but after a bit of trial and error, I'm sure I'll eventually crack it.

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-08-21 02:44:38 »
Hey bro no worries i'm sure more often then not many have started out that way.  I know I did and some stuff that people taught me stuck and I can make some decent stuff.  So editing is very easy compared to others especially if someone made a tool.