Author Topic: Making allies into enemies  (Read 7573 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Making allies into enemies
« on: 2009-03-03 14:23:00 »
M'kay, ff7rules and I have been discussing this. One can make allies appear as enemies in battle by using their battle ID as the enemy ID, but there are a lot of problems with animations and because (of course) they don't have weapons (I remember Barret turning up with no weapon, and Cloud having a sword dangling in front of him). When they do anything the game gets stuck with everyone doing their "standing" animation because it can't do the attack animation.

Does anyone know of any way to have allies as enemies other than making new battle models with their parts and giving them weapons as part of the main model?
« Last Edit: 2009-03-03 14:28:20 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

ff7rules

• View Profile
Re: Making allies into enemies
« Reply #1 on: 2009-03-03 14:34:04 »
I think we first need to know how the weapons actually work. I'm viewing all of the characters in Leviathan now and all of them don't have there weapons Tifas missing a hand Barret missing his gun and so on is the weapon classed as an animation? Its not a joint because Ive viewed the models in milkshape and none of there joints or bones seem to resemble that of a buster sword but i may have missed something if not it must load that data from elsewhere question is where?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-03-03 14:39:48 »
The weapons are separate models from the characters. Only enemies have weapons already attached (since their weapons never change).

And if we do find out how the game attaches the weapon to the character in battle, we probably won't be able to replicate it with the characters as enemies, since everything to do with the enemies has to be done in the scene.bin file.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-03-03 14:48:07 »
The weapons are separate models from the characters. Only enemies have weapons already attached (since their weapons never change).

And if we do find out how the game attaches the weapon to the character in battle, we probably won't be able to replicate it with the characters as enemies, since everything to do with the enemies has to be done in the scene.bin file.

Yeah but where are the weapons stored its gotta be in a model right?

I seem to remember in wallmarket something about weapon textures im going to have alook now will edit with a screen if its correct.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-03 14:54:36 by ff7rules »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-03-03 15:22:31 »
I've taken a look with biturn (I think it reads uncompressed files, so maybe it works with the PSX game). Weapons are under the same first two letters as the characters (the third letter of the weapons models is always a C), but there is no bone for the weapon in the basic character skeleton. The weapon model ID that you edit with WallMarket is based on the order of the model after "xxCx".
« Last Edit: 2009-03-03 15:24:24 by Leighos Kudistos Megistos »

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-03-03 15:30:44 »
I've taken a look with biturn (I think it reads uncompressed files, so maybe it works with the PSX game). Weapons are under the same first two letters as the characters (the third letter of the weapons models is always a C), but there is no bone for the weapon in the basic character skeleton. The weapon model ID that you edit with WallMarket is based on the order of the model after "xxCx".
Yeah it reads PSX but the bones are all screwed up is it with yours? If not can you send me it as ive tried most of the version and have the same problem. What do you mean first 2 letters as the characters? man this is confusing lol so there weapins are unchangeable?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-03-03 15:37:45 »
The bones aren't screwed up in mine; I'm using version 087b4.

What do you mean first 2 letters as the characters? man this is confusing lol so there weapins are unchangeable?

What do you mean?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-03-03 23:24:27 »
The bones aren't screwed up in mine; I'm using version 087b4.

What do you mean first 2 letters as the characters? man this is confusing lol so there weapins are unchangeable?

What do you mean?

It seems to be only the PSX versions that the bones are screwed up so no worries there i tried the pc version they work perfect. Before i got confused with the letter thing just ignore me :P

EDIT! looks like ive found the models! but they won't work on PSX it just never loads them and loads the battle really slow then loads nothing at all. Note some of these might be wrong i might of counted wrong but these are all the ones ive tried none of them work not even Nib Sephy and WE know its possible to fight him. Just thinking maybe its because the script doesn't tell it to load the battlers its crashing?

Frog CD 01
Cloud  CE 01
Tifa CF 01
Aerith D0 01
Red XIII D1 01
Yuffie D2 01
Cait Sith D3 01
Cid D4 01
Sephiroth (Nib) D5 01
Barret D6 01
Barret D7 01
Barret D8 01
Barret D9 01
Vincent DA 01
Vincent DB 01
Vincent DC 01
Cloud (hi res) DD 01
Gallian Beast DE 01
Death Gigas DF 01
Hellmasker E0 01
Chaos E1 01

Ok Gjoerulv gave me an id to try for the models it crashes for me thesecond the battle starts to try display the model heres the ID C0 01 anything above this i just get out of sector error so im guessing this is the very last value.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-05 03:16:15 by ff7rules »

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: 2009-03-05 08:44:08 »
You asked me to test it. I'm sorry but I'm mighty busy atm. Perhaps to the weekend. :P

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-03-05 12:05:09 »
no problem man im gonna recount and check they are right now.

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-03-12 18:50:32 »
I said i never give up! and i meant it  :-D

RESULT!!!!! now im gonna try the other ones ill post how i did it when ive done that.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-03-12 18:56:57 »
Nice!

Were there any problems in the battle or did it work perfectly?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-03-12 19:09:17 »
Nice!

Were there any problems in the battle or did it work perfectly?

Sephiroth worked perfectly except i forgot to disable Rubys AI so things got abit werid lol i Reckon though if you can figure out what number animation does what its entirely possible. but cloud was a different story i hit him he fell to the floor i thought right that must be because that number animation must be for ruby been hit. So again if you can find the correct number for all these things it can work. I know right revenge = Summon animation so thats good. We can find these out by looking at the  attack Id and the animation that goes with it itll be difficult but definetly possible. Ohand cloud worked he just has no weapon, heres a screenshot

I don't know if theres anything we can do about the weapons, but sephiroth had his so it might be possible?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-03-12 19:38:03 »
Hmmm...Sephiroth always has the same weapon, so he might be a special case.

Did Cloud actually attack?

ff7rules

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-03-12 19:54:33 »
Did Cloud actually attack?

Yeah he did, i had a full party when the battle started and he eventually killed me so yeah he attacked me, i just dnt no how many times. also giving the enemy models no AI crashes the game once you hit them.
« Last Edit: 2009-03-12 23:22:02 by ff7rules »