Author Topic: Sephiroth mod  (Read 3771 times)

The Great Sephiroth

• I have been chosen to be the leader of this Planet
    • View Profile
Sephiroth mod
« on: 2019-11-12 20:04:03 »
I made a Sephiroth mod. It looks like this:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI3YwKk8EfI
The purpose of it is to give you very close Sephiroth-like experience.
All battle models are changed to Sephiroth and there are some interesting changes.
Unfortunately only Sephiroth and Cloud field models are swapped. I wanted to give more characters Sephiroth field models. But I am not good with this. I wanted to use another mod which I thought changes Vincent field model to Sephiroth's. But in my case it changes it to Cloud. So it uses some weird method to tell the game which model to use. And it probably tells game to use villain model but in my case Cloud is the villain so it did not worked as expected. I don't know how it is done. If someone could enlighten me how it works maybe I could change more field models to Sephiroth.
This mod is designed to work for PC and android. I am thinking about uploading android *.obb file of this mod if someone would be interested. But where should I upload it?

Quid?

• View Profile
Re: Sephiroth mod
« Reply #1 on: 2019-11-13 09:05:29 »
Hello,

Looking at your video, it seem you swaped characters data in the kernel.bin to make this? It is a fast way but not a complete one, as you noticed. You should start working with makou reactor tool if you want to go on with your idea, it's the best field scripting tool and it also allow to swap field models among many other things.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9658.0

As for battle models, I would suggest you to stop swaping kernel.bin data, it turns characters into 'Nibelheim flash back Sephiroth clones', which isn't very interesting for the gameplay. I would rather suggest to 'convert' the battle models you want into Sephiroth with Kimera tool, though it can be long because most of the time you can't just swap bones and leave it as it is to get a decent enough result, and keep various animations like limits in working order.
I wrote a tutorial to begin with modeling work but it's in my native language, french.
https://ff7.fr/forum/index.php?page=post&ids=431868
Unless you understand it, I could try to translate the relevant part about battle modeling bases if you would like but I don't have the time right now. Just let me know if it interest you.

Bosco

• View Profile
Re: Sephiroth mod
« Reply #2 on: 2021-12-10 06:38:01 »
Do you guys want to see the Kalm Flashback (aka Boredom World 1) completely deleted? I could do it, but I won't if this isn't necessary. Other events like Turks meeting in Sector 8 at the end of Disc 2 is by all means easy to get rid of. Any suggestions? Target Card Balance Now
« Last Edit: 2021-12-11 03:18:07 by Bosco »