Final Fantasy 7 > FF7 Tools

[PSX/PC] Battle editor - Proud Clod (1.5.0/FINAL)

<< < (2/128) > >>

nfitc1:
I was thinking that you could have a blank enemy casting something like Angel Whisper on the dead ally in it's post-attack script. That would require adding another enemy in a hex editor, however.

Also, you could have the dead/dying enemy cast a life-giving attack to itself. If you just unset its death status, I don't know if the targeting info (Active allies/enemies) will be correct after that.

As far as copy/paste goes. I don't know how best to do that without screwing a lot of stuff up. I'll play with the idea, but don't count on it happening soon.

--- Quote from: FleetCommand on 2009-05-28 14:37:20 ---Nice work.

By the way, what does Proud Clod means? I never get to understand it properly, especially in regard to that big robot in FF7. Does it mean the same thing that I understand from it the way I do from other phrases like Suspicious Cat or Glorious Half-lit Shadow?

--- End quote ---

Proud Clod doesn't mean anything. There's just this tradition (at least in the FF modding community that meets here) to name tools after objects/locale after something in the game it modifies. I just chose Proud Clod because it WAS Heidegger and got upgraded to something more powerful. Seemed to make sense.

--- Quote from: Kudistos Megistos on 2009-05-28 14:38:36 ---I wouldn't mind seeing the code for "counter by causing status ailments" and "counter when a certain amount of damage is done"  :wink:
--- End quote ---

"Counter by causing status ailments": (a theory)
in the General-Counter script:

--- Code: ---12  0000
02  2060
02  40D0   PreviousGeneralAttacker
12  0000
10  40XX (where XX is between 00-1F depending on the status you want to inflict)
60  01
--- End code ---

"counter when a certain amount of damage is done" is in WM's readme file:

--- Code: ---0x000   02 2060
0x003   03 4160
0x006   80
0x007   61 012C    (this is if HP is below 300)
0x00A   45
0x00B   70 001F
0x00E   12 2070
0x011   02 2060
0x014   02 40D0
0x017   80
0x018   90
0x019   60 20
0x01B   61 YYYY  the attack index
0x01E   92
0x01F   73

--- End code ---

--- Quote from: Kudistos Megistos on 2009-05-28 14:38:36 ---Actually, it could be a good idea to gather together "templates" for things people might want to do with AI editors, so that people can copy the code and only worry about which attacks/status changes/etc to use.

--- End quote ---

I'd like to create either a branch of these forums dedicated to AI scripting, or create my own forum. But as I don't have the ability to do the first or the knowledge on the second, it'll probably be confined here.

secondadvent:
thing is, i can do that for the first mp's, since there is a free slot, but for other scenes i'd not be able to, especially since they cannot cast life without adding animations capable of using spells, and i do not know how to do that directly. now i could try to make an idle animation attack called life, and see if that works, if the idle animation can be used for an attack. otherwise i'd have to make it rez itself with it's tonfa or gun, which is really weird... idle animation would be the best though, but i am unsure if it works as i said... no harm in not trying though.

nfitc1:

--- Quote from: secondadvent on 2009-05-28 15:21:08 ---[....] otherwise i'd have to make it rez itself with it's tonfa or gun, which is really weird... idle animation would be the best though, but i am unsure if it works as i said... no harm in not trying though.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, you'll have to settle for weird animations. A non-moving spell casting animation would be best. I don't see anything wrong with it, but the camera will make it look a bit strange.

secondadvent:
heh... i didn't even see them in the readme, but then again i have only been looking at it occasionally for a little bit of help. i came up with these on my own based off of normal programming capabilities (i think of something in, say C++ form, and then just translate it to hex as best as possible), as well as some random ideas that just happened to pop up at the time (heat of the moment discoveries :evil:).

all of this hacking is nice experience though... especially since i am going to devry for game programming... only my first year though :-P.

ok, i did make an MP kill itself with a fire spell using it's hurt animation (the idle one didn't work, and i think this way is funny), with no numbers showing damage, which is good, because it can cast life then and auto rez itself without showing more than it being hurt... still kinda weird, but i can't complain i guess.

edit: the casting of life on itself did not bring it back... it still died, and wasn't even alive but invisible this time... the closest i can apparently get right now is alive but invisible, though attackable. any other ideas on how to make them not use the death animation?

heh... i reverted back to the self death <- 0 counter, and was fooling around with the resizing (4098) script, and noticed that when my 12 foot tall MP's were killed and "invisi-rezzed" their size reverted back to normal (could tell by the location of the bullet fire and dust caused by their feet during tonfa attack). i am really starting to wonder what could turn off the death anim. at least for the first time (i am unsure if an enemy is brought back to life if it'd keep the variable's contents or start out fresh, because if it retained them, then that could be a very good thing... an enemy brings back a friend and the friend's ai changes into pissed-off mode), since so much is likely still unknown. i will have to take a look at hojo's sample monster later, sicne it uses reanimagic on it's allies... i could easily test to see if their variables are retained and possibly find the meaning of the main specimen's variables, since they could be useful things. but that will have to wait since i am pretty tired :-P.

nfitc1:

--- Quote from: secondadvent on 2009-05-28 15:39:30 ---edit: the casting of life on itself did not bring it back... it still died, and wasn't even alive but invisible this time... the closest i can apparently get right now is alive but invisible, though attackable. any other ideas on how to make them not use the death animation?

--- End quote ---

Not a clue, as it doesn't officially "die" until its death animation is complete. It appears that it is not dead, or even flagged as such, until AFTER its death counter script activates (based on the observation that it is still targetable while performing this counter). Except that the firing of this script implies that whatever the outcome, this character will die. This isn't the way it works for Playable characters, however, as we all know that Final-Attack/Phoenix-Revive works to raise the character again. The Death Counter script doesn't appear to work this way, unfortunately.
This makes me wish there was a Re-Raise option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version