Author Topic: [PC] Enemy editor - IFRIT (0.11C)  (Read 141304 times)

Leythalknight

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Enemy editor - IFRIT (0.11)
« Reply #200 on: 2020-12-19 19:06:22 »
Hi there,

I'm modding FF8.
I'd like to build battles such as Wedge, Biggs and Elvoret; Vysage and Gargantua; Fake President and Gerogero; etc. That means battles where the first opponent leaves the place to a new one when he has died.
I tried so, but, in the best manner I could do, the new opponent is invisible. He is playing, he is targetable, but invisible, that is really not convenient for the player.
Would any other one have tried and made a success of it?

Thank you in advance!

Maybe you've figured this out by now, but try making the second enemy use an ability like Sphinxara's Magic Summon or the ability Trauma uses to spawn the Dromas in their Initial AI. That will cause the enemy to appear upon spawning. I believe there is also a combination of flags that will make them show up after being launched by the previous enemy without taking up an ability slot, but they do so with no animation and it looks kind of awkward. Oh, and keep in mind that the game may do weird things or crash depending on what enemies you're using.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-19 19:31:36 by Leythalknight »

Antoine

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2020-12-20 18:59:58 »
Thank you for your answer. I didn't find how to manage, so I did something else. You know, when you mod, sometimes you have to say: OK, I can't do that, it's a pity but I prepare other things really nice for players. I've published my mod one week ago. It's only in French, so I didn't talk about that here, but maybe I'll do someday.

AwesomeHairo

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2021-08-21 00:50:48 »
Hi. I know it's been about 7 months since the last post but I really need help with something. Whenever I try to edit enemy names that ends with 'n', or something along those lines, I get an error where I can't properly edit the enemy's name and it'll turn out to be something like, "Life Forbidde" or "Melt Drago". For example, I tried to change "Sphinxaur" to just "Sphinx", but when I simply backspace up to 'x', it'll look like this:

Something about the input string not being in the correct format.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #203 on: 2021-08-23 10:35:04 »
Sorry, saw your pm, but got distracted so forgot to look into it. I'll take a look (but must install the game 1st lol).
EDIT: Yup, there is a problem with the letter "n". Never noticed somehow :P
« Last Edit: 2021-08-23 15:37:00 by gjoerulv »

albert

• View Profile
Re: [PC] Enemy editor - IFRIT (0.11C)
« Reply #204 on: 2022-01-02 14:29:27 »
Here is a issue.
When I used on steam 2019 vision, modding data repack to battle.fs always large than the original one (original size:57048KB and repack size:60789KB), even I do not modify a single thing but just extract and repack.
Therefore after I pack the whole data to main.zzz with zzzDeArchive and play, the game jammed in battle sence begin and our character could not display.  :-(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #205 on: 2022-01-05 13:26:09 »
Here is a issue.
When I used on steam 2019 vision, modding data repack to battle.fs always large than the original one (original size:57048KB and repack size:60789KB), even I do not modify a single thing but just extract and repack.
Therefore after I pack the whole data to main.zzz with zzzDeArchive and play, the game jammed in battle sence begin and our character could not display.  :-(

Is this for the remaster version? I don't own it myself. needless to say I never tested on it.

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2022-01-06 01:26:07 »
Is this for the remaster version? I don't own it myself. needless to say I never tested on it.

Yes, the remaster version.
Do you wanna have one? I can make a download link for you.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2022-01-06 07:05:18 »
Yes, the remaster version.
Do you wanna have one? I can make a download link for you.

As long as it's not a cracked version, that's fine.

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2022-01-06 09:34:10 »
As long as it's not a cracked version, that's fine.

Steam official version as gift to him, I mean.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2022-01-07 06:44:25 »
I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but you could probably just send him the key in DM's instead of a download link. Download link for a steam game is kind of sketch.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #210 on: 2022-01-07 11:27:30 »

Thank you :), but you don't have to do that. I can buy it or borrow it from others, don't worry. Can't make any promises if/when this will be fixed. I'll def look into it though.

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2022-01-09 15:39:59 »
Thank you :), but you don't have to do that. I can buy it or borrow it from others, don't worry. Can't make any promises if/when this will be fixed. I'll def look into it though.

Appreciated. :)

javisanchez1234567

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2022-02-17 15:32:41 »
Does this program work on Steam? I have read some comments and it is not clear to me.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2023-02-12 13:06:00 »
Does this program work on Steam? I have read some comments and it is not clear to me.

It works for me, using on Steam-2013 version.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #214 on: 2023-02-17 13:14:46 »

Haven't been able to try this on the remaster version, but as far as I can tell it's not compatible.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2023-02-18 14:49:13 »
The com144 to com199 are being used in the game? Is it possible to use them and make new enemies?

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2023-02-19 13:15:45 »
The com144 to com199 are being used in the game? Is it possible to use them and make new enemies?
As far as I remember they are not even referenced in the internal game engine file path table, therefore without hooking the game engine function that parses enemy ID to corresponding c0m file it's impossible

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2023-02-22 20:21:59 »
I got a question!: I'm trying to mod NORG's boss fight, putting him to summon Leviathan on his second phase when some variables are met. But I wanted to make him unable to summon Leviathan if it get stolen using Draw.
For that, I saw on Fujin AI the code "gfStolen != 204", but I didnt understand what the 204 means and how to make it recognize that Leviathan got stolen.
Another question: is there a code to make a GF appear/disappear from the Draw options? I had the idea to make it possible to Draw only after the boss summons it first (and give the GF automatically at the end of battle by default, which I made it work).
Someone can help me with this?

smalldirt

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2023-02-23 06:13:45 »
I got a question!: I'm trying to mod NORG's boss fight, putting him to summon Leviathan on his second phase when some variables are met. But I wanted to make him unable to summon Leviathan if it get stolen using Draw.
For that, I saw on Fujin AI the code "gfStolen != 204", but I didnt understand what the 204 means and how to make it recognize that Leviathan got stolen.
Another question: is there a code to make a GF appear/disappear from the Draw options? I had the idea to make it possible to Draw only after the boss summons it first (and give the GF automatically at the end of battle by default, which I made it work).
Someone can help me with this?

As Far as I know changing the draw options throughout the fight for the same enemy is not possible.
GF Stolen !=204 checks if the gf was stolen or not, if you put it under counter via the Ifrit tool and set a variable for it then it can work.
As an alternative, you may set the Leviathan summon just before? the pod breaks.

Hazedge

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2023-02-23 15:07:40 »
As Far as I know changing the draw options throughout the fight for the same enemy is not possible.
GF Stolen !=204 checks if the gf was stolen or not, if you put it under counter via the Ifrit tool and set a variable for it then it can work.
As an alternative, you may set the Leviathan summon just before? the pod breaks.
Not good, its giving me Syntax error on the line I used "(gfStolen != 204)". Maybe it wont work on NORG?

smalldirt

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2023-02-24 07:05:55 »
Not good, its giving me Syntax error on the line I used "(gfStolen != 204)". Maybe it wont work on NORG?
yes Ifrit cannot procceed this code for some reason. When I used this code for the same porpuse, I edited it manually in hex editor.