Author Topic: [FF7PC][TSUNAMODS] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW V5 - unsuported anymore  (Read 385050 times)

Hyperthesis

• View Profile
1)
DLPB never share anything, i won't enter in a debate here again, but i helped him, he never returned any help or hex value i needed, he does the same with lots of devel, too bad for users but reunion will never be supported by me and my mods, and as my mod needs lastest FFNx feature and DLPB don't use it...
long story short "never"

2)
fields animations are 30fps but fields animation while fmv are 15 fps so if fields is used as 15 fps with 30 fps fmv the animation is messed up.
that's why ATM trueOdin working on make the field's animation while fmv in 30 fps, so no speedup nor slowdows feeling when doing fields to fmv transition
so 30 fps fmv will look great with 30 fps fields aniation and it's only in this way i'll release the 30 fps fmv
long story short you won't be able to choose because 15 fps fmv will be useless and will only degrade the game comparing to 30 fps

Ah, so FFNx is the reason SYWV4 works with Reunion (no FFNx required) but SYWV5/6 doesn't? Makes sense, I guess. I could have sworn DLPB talked about switching to FFNx awhile back, unless he abandoned those plans.

At the very least will you make the SYW5/6 available for manual install in the future, for those who don't mind doing some programming? I really just want a straight swap of assets and would be willing to give up smooth animations and menu overhaul. Your assets are just so much better upscaled than Remako.

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Satsuki Yatoshi Mod / SYW V5 is not just better upscale, it's an overall more complete experience than Remako, Remako is outdated.

If all goes well... it will come also with HD minigames and HD videos in 30fps (which will be way smoother and more improved version of FMVs), no one before attempted to do this.

Also another great achievement are the HD animations which weren't possible to do before the advent of FFNx, now the HD animations are available with SYW V5.
« Last Edit: 2021-01-20 04:00:25 by Kuraudo. »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
For the V5 pack lastest FFNx will be mandatory, even de current canary can't play the 30 fps without ingame bug.
So i won't release 30fps movies before FFNx can play them properly.

An all in one steam installer/pack/FFNx setup is planned and mostly done (i need to have the english version of the great Aavock menus first - it will be release as an iro too)
Preview : http://yatoshicom.free.fr/cp.mp4

oklm

• View Profile
This is so great, i've never played FF7, wanted to start lately, found this, and i can't wait for the steam version installer :)
Thank you for your great work

Kimsiudog

• View Profile
this is really excited, can't wait till you released this all in one mod pack :)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
realy soon ^^

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Thanks to TrueOdin we get the 30 fps movies to work ingame.
Only 3 movies will remain in 15 fps because of limitation or big 3d models bugs, but on 1 of them you can't tell it's a 15 fps version.

So soon updateds iros will come :
-30 fps fmv (lastest FFNx canary will be mandatory)
-Aavock's menu as an iro
-Some Minigame texture updated (by Aavock and myself)

Stay tuned ^^

olearyf2525

• View Profile
Thanks Satsuki, looking forward to it.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Updated iros:
-30 fps fmv
-Aavock's menus and font
-Some minigame texture improvement

Added Steam full installer (no 7h needed)

Added presentation trailer

Feel free to try and report ^^

Sakura

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC][TSUNAMODS] Satsuki Yatoshi Mod - SYW V5
« Reply #34 on: 2021-02-18 03:00:44 »
Hi,

I tried it but it does not work for me...
When i launch FF7_SYW V5, i have a message of error and if i continue despite the errors, i can see the window of your mods and i can select what is on the left side (the mods) but not what is on the right side (the resolution, anti aliasing etc) and if i save and launch the game, it does not work, there's just a "please wait" message that never stops...
The error is Microsoft.NET Framework, it says InvalidArgument, Value "0" is not valid for "SelectedIndex" etc if i click on details there's a lot of explanation about that...
Maybe i need to install something first ?
I'm on windows 10 and the game is the steam version 1.09 and until now i was using 7thHeaven (since 2019) and everything worked fine so i think the problem must come from my side.

chch123

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2021-02-18 14:58:16 »
Thank you for all your hard work, especially on the installer - it works amazingly, such a long overdue thing to have a nice clean and easy installation. No duplicate install, separate folder, etc. It just works!

I had two questions about settings though. How do I turn off the transparent dialog and battle windows and have them just be solid like in the original? And also, I am wondering if I can hide the renderer and version info in the upper left? It says D3D11 and the mod version number, but it's there all the time.

Thanks again Satsuki, amazing work

Athelias

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2021-02-18 22:25:27 »
Does this disable Steam achievements?

shockme17

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2021-02-19 00:51:12 »
Is it possible for a Switch port? I think some people have previously ported the Remako version awhile back.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #38 on: 2021-02-19 11:53:00 »
Does this disable Steam achievements?
Yes

Thank you for all your hard work, especially on the installer - it works amazingly, such a long overdue thing to have a nice clean and easy installation. No duplicate install, separate folder, etc. It just works!

I had two questions about settings though. How do I turn off the transparent dialog and battle windows and have them just be solid like in the original? And also, I am wondering if I can hide the renderer and version info in the upper left? It says D3D11 and the mod version number, but it's there all the time.

Thanks again Satsuki, amazing work
I'll add an option to setup all that in an update soon

Hi,

I tried it but it does not work for me...
When i launch FF7_SYW V5, i have a message of error and if i continue despite the errors, i can see the window of your mods and i can select what is on the left side (the mods) but not what is on the right side (the resolution, anti aliasing etc) and if i save and launch the game, it does not work, there's just a "please wait" message that never stops...
The error is Microsoft.NET Framework, it says InvalidArgument, Value "0" is not valid for "SelectedIndex" etc if i click on details there's a lot of explanation about that...
Maybe i need to install something first ?
I'm on windows 10 and the game is the steam version 1.09 and until now i was using 7thHeaven (since 2019) and everything worked fine so i think the problem must come from my side.
Trye to reinstall .net 3.5 (but as it's pre-installed in windows 10 i don't know how you can do it)
« Last Edit: 2021-02-20 06:47:22 by satsuki »

DickWallace

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2021-02-19 17:35:59 »
I don't what's going on but when I try to install this it says I don't have a vanilla copy of FF7. I do though, it even shows the version under settings, v1.0.9. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Tried to post an image but I don't think I did it right.
https://imgur.com/TBH9XFO
« Last Edit: 2021-02-19 17:41:34 by DickWallace »

Athelias

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2021-02-19 18:41:42 »
not ATM

This does disable getting Steam achievements, just like everything else.

I hope ffnx finds a way to make it possible to have good looking backgrounds while still being able to unlock achievements.. https://github.com/julianxhokaxhiu/FFNx/issues/128
« Last Edit: 2021-02-20 23:17:38 by Athelias »

mlgfx

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2021-02-19 19:41:33 »
I have a Mac and I'm using a Windows emulator to play this game. Would it be possible to use your mod on my Mac somehow?

DAnima

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2021-02-19 23:29:36 »
yes about the watermark on the top left side i would like to be able to disable it.

will you add controller support(im using an xbox controller) in future updates?

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #43 on: 2021-02-19 23:30:12 »
Nice! Thanks mate! Awesome update!

companyfields

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2021-02-20 01:21:11 »
not ATM
I'll add an option to setup all that in an update soon

Trye to reinstall .net 3.5 (but as it's pre-installed in windows 10 i don't know how you can do it)

I get an error with NETframwork, exactly the same as it. Windows 10 won't let me delete NetFramework or reinstall it. I have tried to repair it, delete the registry and do a cleanup from the console but I can't fix it. I'm looking forward to playing and I can't. I get depressed :(

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #45 on: 2021-02-20 07:23:05 »
Seems the current version of ffnx included in the IAO steam installed have a bug after yuffi's fight.
I'll release an update right after the driver will be fixed

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #46 on: 2021-02-20 14:52:11 »
AIO steam installer update 5.22
-Correct a bug with some worldmap battle (FFNx update).
-Add an option to turn on/off the transparency in dialog / battle menu
-Add an option to show/hide debug informations
-Add an option to launch steam unmodded version if you want to test/compare

chch123

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2021-02-20 16:33:27 »
Wow such a fast update - thank you for your work! This is a great mod.

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2021-02-20 18:35:42 »
Bug, after killing Sephiroth with a naked torso, and there is a video with captions, but there should be a video where he is in blood and a video about a meteor.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #49 on: 2021-02-20 18:45:18 »
Witch version do you play ?
Steam or iro
5.21 or 5.22 ?

Ok bug spotted seems related to bad path bypass in the steam version only
I'll push an update asap

edit: was a driver bug, update's comming thanks to TrueOdin reactivity, thanks to him (and to you for reporting that)
« Last Edit: 2021-02-20 19:16:50 by satsuki »