Author Topic: wallmarket causing computer to shut down  (Read 4952 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
wallmarket causing computer to shut down
« on: 2009-08-19 22:19:23 »
ok i dunno if this belongs here, but i need help

i've been using the first version of wallmarket (the other ones never worked for me) fine until today, now everytime i open my kernel, it shuts my computer down

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: wallmarket causing computer to shut down
« Reply #1 on: 2009-08-19 22:38:27 »
That's very odd indeed! What changes did you make?

For now, you should replace your modded kernel.bin with a clean one to see whether that works.

I know it's possible to make modifications to the kernel that will make the game crash, but I've never heard of it making anyone's PC shut down  :?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2009-08-20 01:15:38 »
That's very odd indeed! What changes did you make?

For now, you should replace your modded kernel.bin with a clean one to see whether that works.

I know it's possible to make modifications to the kernel that will make the game crash, but I've never heard of it making anyone's PC shut down  :?

to tell the truth, i did use a clean kernel, i got the same thing, i've never had a problem like this with wallmarket, all i was doing was editing the stats on the mystile armor, then when i saved it, it shut my com down without recompiling the kernel, so i replaced it with a clean one, and when i went to open the clean kernel, it shut down without even opening it, im gonna give it a try one more time, but this is evily annoying (death to confusion and sephiroth haters)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #3 on: 2009-08-20 01:33:26 »
somethings definately wrong, i tried again and it didn't shut my computer down this time, but it cut my internet off!! something REEEAAALLLYYY messed up is happening here

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-08-20 01:41:39 »
Yeah, that's really wrong. It might be that your problem wasn't caused by WallMarket at all, but by something else that happened to your computer at around the same time. I can't think of anything WallMarket could do that would mess up your computer like that.

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-08-20 01:54:09 »
Maybe you have some kind of malware and stuff... and maybe when WM tries to use tmp files trigger some sort of malware that your pc already have.

Try combofix.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #6 on: 2009-08-20 02:17:01 »
Maybe you have some kind of malware and stuff... and maybe when WM tries to use tmp files trigger some sort of malware that your pc already have.

Try combofix.

but i was using wallmarket just yesterday without a single problem

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-08-20 02:20:04 »
WallMarket isn't the problem.  Your computer has something wrong with it.

Terid__K

« Reply #8 on: 2009-08-21 19:39:15 »
Computer shutting down completely usually indicates a power supply issue. Try replacing it and see if it works.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #9 on: 2009-08-23 16:29:20 »
like i said guys, it only occurs when i attempt to use wallmarket, theres no other problems and my powersupply is at full

Satoh

• Assuming this statement is correct, I'm alive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-08-23 17:35:42 »
like i said guys, it only occurs when i attempt to use wallmarket, theres no other problems and my powersupply is at full

It could be that there is a problem with the memory addressing in your windows setup. When Wallmarket tries to use a certain amount of memory, the computer doesn't like it at all and shuts down. I had this problem with extended photoshop use on my dell laptop...

I then lost my windows install to a virus and had to reinstall everything... since then it works fine.

It could also be that the Wallmarket is somehow overtaxing your processor, and thus causing an immediate shutdown....

It could also be an overheating problem. If using wallmarket causes your internals to heat up drastically (not necessarily something you will be able to feel) it may force shutdown in order to save the computer from permanent damage.

Make sure you are running nothing but the necessary programs when you use wallmarket. (IE, if wallmarket doesn't need any other programs, only run wallmarket)

For all I know, it could also just be a bad chip on your built in RAM... Any number of things could cause a crash like you describe... I'm still fixing my PC since a similar issue happened... as it turns out, my motherboard was fried by a power surge, and it shortly thereafter ruined my powersupply via feedback surges... this was all due to lightning and not software...

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009-08-23 18:49:24 »
If you were using wall market before without problems, its not wall market, have you installed anything else on your computer? If yes, try a system restore to a point before it started auto-shutdown, thats the only thing I can suggest...

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-08-27 01:35:56 »
I used to have the same problem when I used to put it in Start up. All I did was open task manager, and End any junk like iTunes helper, and any other programs I have at start up like MSN, or Weather etc. Problem could also be like Jaitsu said, overheating processor, overtaxing, bad chip.