Author Topic: FFVII Controls- Need desperate help  (Read 3286 times)

Cyrus

FFVII Controls- Need desperate help
« on: 2006-07-29 03:59:06 »
Ok here is the story. I love rpg games and somehow down the line I never got into or tried FF games. My friend kept talking me into playing since he knew Chrono Trigger was my favorite game so, I started playing FF6; and got hooked. I looked around for FF7 for awhile and I finally got it in the mail yesterday, but sadly I can not seem to get the controls bound to the keyboard right nor can I find any options. When I load the game it seems to only use the numpad's up/down/left/right and no other key seems to work. So I am stuck on the new game menu with no key to make the game move forward. In the config program I do not seem to be able to find anywhere to modify the controls.

I know I am new here and never have contributed anything, but I have a love for this series now and am dieng to play this game; especially after seeing the Advent Children movie. If there is any information you can share with me on how to get this game working correctly and to its best potential I would be in your debt. I have looked around on these forums and have seen al the tweaks and patched that I do not know exactly what I need to do. Thanks in advance-

Frog

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: FFVII Controls- Need desperate help
« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-29 07:32:03 »
When I load the game it seems to only use the numpad's up/down/left/right and no other key seems to work. So I am stuck on the new game menu with no key to make the game move forward.
On the new game menu, only numpad's up/down/enter work.

Cyrus

« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-30 10:29:28 »
When I load the game it seems to only use the numpad's up/down/left/right and no other key seems to work. So I am stuck on the new game menu with no key to make the game move forward.
On the new game menu, only numpad's up/down/enter work.

Yeah, but.. the only keys that work for me are the up/down/left/right. The enter key does not work..

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-30 12:51:42 »
It's a standard PC (or at least, 101/102 compatible one) keyboard, right? Just making sure.

Out of curiosity (as I don't know the solution to your problem), what happens when you tap the numpad-left or numpad-right? Because I checked, and they don't seem to work at the new game menu.

dziugo

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-07-31 02:51:19 »
When you start the game up first time, you'll have to use the numpad, as you probably have already surmised.

This is the PC version, right? The readme has all of the controls, I believe. Print them out if you can't remember them.

After you actually start a new game, access the menu and go to the "Config" sub-menu. Select controls, and then customize. Set them to how you like.

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #5 on: 2006-07-31 06:09:07 »
I think the OK button is the dot in the numpad.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-07-31 15:31:49 »
no, the enter on the num pad is OK, i play it on an old laptop i have so i had to go find an extra apple keyboard (mac user, i only use winblow$ for CS and FF VII...FF VII more than CS) and that worked fine, so now i have

wsad - up down left right
ikjl - menu cancel select ok

and so on and so forth