Author Topic: Math test that can determine which film is your favourite film ever!!  (Read 7036 times)

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
This math test can predict your all-time most-watched film. (it works)

Mine was Star Wars (it's TRUE!!!)

Try it without looking at the answers.

It's easy and really works:

Pick a number from 1 - 10.

Subtract 1.

Multiply by 3.

Add 3.

Multiply that by 3.

Add the digits together.

Use that number to find your all time favorite movie in the list below.

Your number is:

1. Gone With the Wind.

2. Aliens.

3. Dances with Wolves.

4. Star Wars.

5. Forrest Gump.

6. Saving Private Ryan.

7. Jaws.

8. Doctor Zhivago.

9. The Joy of Anal Sex with Male Goats & Leather Clad Gay Boys.

10. Mary Poppins.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-12 21:07:40 by OutFoxxed »

obesebear

• View Profile
I got 6.  Not my favorite movie ever, but definitely up there.  Pretty cool.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
No Beauty and the Beast, this can't possibly be right.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
LMAO I started with 7 as my number and got this answer.....

9. The Joy of Anal Sex with Male Goats & Leather Clad Gay Boys.  Can't say I remember conciously seeing that one, but who knows...

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
Well it was pretty close, and I guess it did the best it could've done without David Does Uganda: An Epic Quest of Eating da Poo Poo on the list.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
I got number 2 Aliens. I've never even seen that movie.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
I picked 7 as well. Sorry, i'd have to say this test is false

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
Btw giving 10 possible results after telling us to pick a number from 1-9 sort of ruins any chance of brief gullibility someone may have had sorry.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Oh f*** you for asking that in a FF7 forum >:(

Also, that isn't my favourite film; the stuff I fap to is as f***ed up as goat sex, but in a very different way ;D

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
I got 6.  Not my favorite movie ever, but definitely up there.  Pretty cool.

which number did you pick to end up with private ryan?

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
I got 9 and I assure you I don't even know that movie. Guess the test isn't for me. :-\

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Protip: everyone gets 9. The "math test" is an algorithm that always gives you a multiple of 9, and multiples of 9 below 121 always add up to 9.

Look closely:

Taking away 1, multiplying by 3 and then adding three is the same as multiplying by 3; the 3 that gets added at the end makes up for the 1 that gets subtracted at the start and multiplied by 3. Multiplying the result of this by 3 is the same as multiplying by 9. It would actually be less obvious if the "subtract 1" step were left out, since one would still always end up with two digits that added up to 9 without the two digits making the number that is 9 x whatever you started with). Unless one picked 10. Then it would fuck everything up.

obesebear

• View Profile

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Protip: everyone gets 9. The "math test" is an algorithm that always gives you a multiple of 9, and multiples of 9 below 121 always add up to 9.

Look closely:

Taking away 1, multiplying by 3 and then adding three is the same as multiplying by 3; the 3 that gets added at the end makes up for the 1 that gets subtracted at the start and multiplied by 3. Multiplying the result of this by 3 is the same as multiplying by 9. It would actually be less obvious if the "subtract 1" step were left out, since one would still always end up with two digits that added up to 9 without the two digits making the number that is 9 x whatever you started with). Unless one picked 10. Then it would f*** everything up.

You killed it.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile

Look closely:

Taking away 1, multiplying by 3 and then adding three is the same as multiplying by 3; the 3 that gets added at the end makes up for the 1 that gets subtracted at the start and multiplied by 3. Multiplying the result of this by 3 is the same as multiplying by 9. It would actually be less obvious if the "subtract 1" step were left out, since one would still always end up with two digits that added up to 9 without the two digits making the number that is 9 x whatever you started with). Unless one picked 10. Then it would f*** everything up.
Hmm now I've just messed up my mind thinking about just what you said. :-X

Obvioustip: everyone gets 9. The "math test" is an algorithm that always gives you a multiple of 9, and multiples of 9 below 121 always add up to 9.

fix'd.   :P

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile

I didn't pick 1.7 because I'm using an ATI card

obesebear

• View Profile

What is this? I don't even.

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile

lol good one =P you got me.

Look closely:

i would pm you to remove this but there is exactly 0% chance that anyone will bother reading this and attempt to understand =P

umm what?