Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246299 times)

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
I'm having a problem.

Whenever I open FF7, it runs fine until i click New Game. The intro movie sounds delay a little bit. Like.. It'll be fine for a few seconds, then it'll stop for a few more seconds. Then continue where it left off while the movie is still going. Or it'll just completely start over.

And after that, the FF7 Music isn't playing at all. But i'm not going to worry about this until i can get the intro movie working >_>

I run Windows XP 32Bit, my directory is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

Also what's weird is that the video will play fine in Windows Media Player..
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 02:42:59 by musaru »

zockirrer

• View Profile
i did everything just getting a blackscreen with nothing happening again ..

Here is my last ditch effort, I honestly don't know what else to try after this.

This is a copy of my registy stuff for FF7 (with a few minor edits so that it will point to your program files and right reg keys)
Try deleting "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.", the whole folder. Then importing my keys.
Launch "C:\Programme\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\ff7music.exe" and then run FF7 through that.

http://rapidshare.com/files/278380431/FF7kezzz.reg.html
If this doesn't work then I really don't know if there is anything I can do to help... :(

again blackscreen with nothing happening - well im giving up now anyways
thx for ur help, i may check back on this when the installation of this stuff is more user friendly etc

thx 4 your time tho
appreciate it

byebye

Zarradeth

• View Profile
@zockirrer
Sorry man, I really don't know what the problem is... wish I could help :(

@musaru
What's your resolution set to while running the game. By the sounds of it, your computer is having trouble keeping up with decoding the video.

My (simplified) specs are:
AMD X2 6400+ (3.2 GHz Dual Core)
4 Gigs ram
2 x GeForce 9800 GTX+

and I run my game at 1920*1080 with post processing and the works and it still hiccups from time to rare time.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
I'm having a problem.

Whenever I open FF7, it runs fine until i click New Game. The intro movie sounds delay a little bit. Like.. It'll be fine for a few seconds, then it'll stop for a few more seconds. Then continue where it left off while the movie is still going. Or it'll just completely start over.

And after that, the FF7 Music isn't playing at all. But i'm not going to worry about this until i can get the intro movie working >_>

I run Windows XP 32Bit, my directory is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII

Also what's weird is that the video will play fine in Windows Media Player..

That's addressed in the bug report, it happens cause your PC can't handle the game at the settings you're running it at. Try to minimize running programs while playing the game and lower your settings in OpenGL Config. Try turning off shaders, turning off "prevent rounding errors", and lowering the resolution.

As for the music, the music crossfades with the audio of the intro, so if that never ends, the music will never start (until after the first fight). So those problems are related. Just lower your settings and it'll work fine.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-11 06:00:26 by titeguy3 »

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
I have tried running the game at multiple resolutions. 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024, and they all mess up on the opening video.

I have turned shaders off and prevent rounding errors, still nothing.

I haven't had any problem running FF7 before. If you need my PC specs just ask. My computer isn't exactly the greatest thing in the world though, it's 4 years old.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Yeah, it sounds like your PC just plain can't handle this version of FF7. Hit ctrl+s to skip the cutscenes that don't play properly. The music will work like normal after the first battle, so you don't have to worry about that. It might also help to take the old, low quality avi's from your game discs and copy them into the \movies\ directory. Those'll definitely render properly. Good luck!

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
Yeah my computer is pretty bad. Especially my RAM. lol

384 MB RAM
3.2 ghz processor
Nvidia Geforce 6100

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
woooww.... that's a really small amount of ram. Nowadays you can upgrade that for like 20 bucks...

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
woooww.... that's a really small amount of ram. Nowadays you can upgrade that for like 20 bucks...

Moar Powar!

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile

Yeah, I know, but i'm only 16 and i can't find a job. + everytime my parents say 'we'll get some more ram for ya in a few days' they never do it T_T

Not to mention my RAM costs 40 bucks for 1 gig, and my parents don't trust ebay >_>

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Yeah, it takes some courage to put faith in things like eBay and Amazon and Paypal to handle your money for you. Took me a while to have the faith to do it. You should convince em to open you up a minor's checking account or something. Hook em with "I need to start learning about financial management" or something.  :-D

Zarradeth

• View Profile
Not to mention my RAM costs 40 bucks for 1 gig, and my parents don't trust ebay >_>

Newegg ftw. When I build computers and buy parts I always use either Tigerdirect or Newegg. From personal experience- I get packages faster from Tigerdirect, but Newegg always has the cheapest price. And they are both very trustworthy.

Here's the exact setup I'm using in my computer for RAM.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227269
Assuming your computer uses DDR2 and can handle the clock speed (If you tell me what motherboard you have I can find out for you ;)) this is a pretty good deal. If you don't know what kinda motherboard you have- download Everest and it can tell you.
http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?ps=&page=11&dlid=36&lang=en

But, if you computer is older- it may only take DDR1 ram, in which case RAM will be a bit more expensive (2gigs for $57.99 is the prices I'm looking at on Newegg atm)
« Last Edit: 2009-09-12 19:31:28 by Zarradeth »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Usually google product search will do a good job of finding the lowest prices as it tends to search pretty much every online store including amazon and ebay buy it now auctions. Of course, I usually don't go with the stores that have very few ratings.

musaru

• Fading Remnant
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure i use DDR PC3200 or something. And last time i checked that on Bestbuy it was like 30 dollars per gig.

Cazador

• View Profile
So, I'm having an issue with the always run patch...I can't sneak out of Arieth's house. Even holding the button to walk he ends up running after like 2 seconds.. :|

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
That's bizarre, I can usually alternate between running and walking pretty consistently...perhaps some kind of setup-particular bug? Use a stock 1.02 ff7.exe to get through that part, then switch back after you save it.

Alternatively, you can always creep along...

Hold walk, take a 1 sec step, let go, repeat, until you're out of the room.

I'll play through that part of my game and see if it happens to me....is it always like that or just for the part at Aerith's house?

Zarradeth

• View Profile
Since I had started a new game, I had played through that part with this patch (It might have been an older version, like 2.1 or something but I don't think there is anything different between those two version that would affect this).

I also had some difficult sneaking out- what worked for me was just running- I didn't even try walking. I ran straight out the door as far up as you can get, and then followed straight right until I got to the beginning of the stairs, then turn and go down them. Not exactly how it was suppose to happen, but it worked xD

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
So, I'm having an issue with the always run patch...I can't sneak out of Arieth's house. Even holding the button to walk he ends up running after like 2 seconds.. :|

This is a known isuue with the always run patch. When sneaking out of her house on a non-patched game, holding down cancel makes you run, right? so if you hold cancel with this patch on, the game thinks your running! So don't hold cancel and go straight to the stairs sticking to the top of the screen :-D
« Last Edit: 2009-09-15 23:45:16 by MXster »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Haha, maybe I'll change the dialogue there... change the trying again dialogue from "can't get caught this time..." to "Maybe running will work..?"

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Haha, maybe I'll change the dialogue there... change the trying again dialogue from "can't get caught this time..." to "Maybe running will work..?"

Hehe. I just tape down the button on the controller. When i need to walk i remove the tape  :lol:

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile

Hehe. I just tape down the button on the controller. When i need to walk i remove the tape  :lol:

What's up with that guys?  :lol:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

Hehe. I just tape down the button on the controller. When i need to walk i remove the tape  :lol:

Haha, that's hillarious!! That reminds me of a way to make easy money in Gran Turismo 4, you get a super-powered Suzuki Escudo, set the accelerator to [right analog stick left], then use a rubber band to hold the analog sticks together while doing a 150 lap endurance race. Your car will go like 200mph while grazing the outside wall for 150 laps without you having to do anything! Easy 1,500,000 bucks.
[/offtopic]
let's have a vote, what should I do about this issue? As far as I see there are three options:
1) change the dialogue and mention this in the BUG_REPORT
2) just do the latter ^
3) take the always run patch out
« Last Edit: 2009-09-16 04:11:39 by titeguy3 »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Was it just me or The " Always Run Patch" is still far from working without glitches?... As far as I read it still in its beta stages?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Well...it's not that complicated of a patch... there aren't really very many difficulties caused by it. This is the first I'm hearing of. You might be thinking of the older always run patch, this one is newer/different, it's called Yamp default run i think...

obesebear

• View Profile
The default run patch is the one Dziugo created.  It had a lot of problems.
Another member came along and created the Alwaysrun.exe and unrun.exe which is the one you can find in the thread a made a few weeks back.  Dziugo then took that information and created a Always Run patch that was compatible with YAMP.   

You may want to make sure you have included the latter 'Always Run' patch instead of the original 'Default Run' patch.