Author Topic: Converting .obj into FF7 Models.  (Read 6373 times)

D a r / < F a L L

• View Profile
Converting .obj into FF7 Models.
« on: 2014-11-02 09:47:01 »
Hi, how are you all ?
I must be spamming something already answered and posted... However, ive being searching for 4 months in a row how to converts .OBJ into .hrc .p .t
I used Maya 2014. Im so much a noob I don't even know how to post a image in here >.<..

D a r / < F a L L

• View Profile
Re: Converting .obj into FF7 Models.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-11-02 09:54:45 »
Im so sorry... the website kept loading and didn't told me they where ...... actually doing it... wow I feel so bad atm

D a r / < F a L L

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-11-02 10:06:25 »

:)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-11-02 11:20:27 »
You need to convert the obj file to 3ds (with meshlab or wings 3D). Then you can open the parts in pcreator. You have to load a 3ds file in it, then you need to apply the texture of it (you have to save it as bmp) after this open View --> UV Coords --> check flip y and after that you can save the whole thing as a p file. Don't forget to convert the bmp file to a tex file (with image2tex)

As a warning: don't release any ripped model from another game (or models without the permission of the original author*) here. Most times these models are only meant for personal studies and not for public use in a different manner.

*I think we are here on Qhimm quite cool, so if you alter a model from here and say it is tweak you did of the model XY from the author AB and release it, it won't be that bad. But don't touch models were the author say any alteration isn't allowed. Ask before and tell him what you are intend to do maybe you get a special permission.

D a r / < F a L L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-11-02 11:41:27 »
Thanks for the reply, im about to go to work( im crying atm for the urge of trying).
Its for personal use only.

I finished mostly...

I don't really understood all that xD. Il try my best thank you

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #5 on: 2014-11-02 12:56:51 »
You're not the only one to have posted multiple identical threads recently. This site's been really sluggish lately.
Also, please don't triple post. Especially in your first topic. That's almost universally looked down upon in forums. You can edit your first post with additional information. There's a "modify" link at the top for your posts.

Converting to an FF7 model is pretty involved. Individual bones need to be separated. That's all I know because I haven't tried lots of modeling.

D a r / < F a L L

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-11-02 17:49:42 »
i have another question. In kimera. can i put more then 1 Uv texture for a weapon ?

D a r / < F a L L

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-11-04 19:07:49 »
Thanks for the help. Result;