Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425365 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #150 on: 2005-05-25 08:13:53 »
Here 1 Palmer made into President
1 Hojo green skin made right

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/theicefox/FF7Model.jpg

Niai

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2005-05-25 15:34:39 »
^
Wow. Very nice.

I tried the wm folder. The only LGP file in there is 'world_us', and that didn't seem to work either.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2005-05-25 18:03:45 »
Polensalta is the peach-colored version of Snow.  So there'd be less editing to do.

About the palmer-shirna model: Looks good.  Just lose the bowtie and make it a normal one, and vertex-shade in some buttons...

Maybe see if we can either use the stock head or something, becasue the hai'r all wring, and looks silly.  Still a great step forward nontheless.

JPWest

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2005-05-25 19:30:23 »
I agree with EmperorSteele, the President model could be better... but the corrected Hojo is top notch.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2005-05-25 19:58:53 »
Jejeje! This is good! It would be nice if we could redo some more characters lin this way.
Nice work ice_cold513!

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2005-05-25 21:01:30 »
.....The president ALREADY has a battle model we can do a direct conversion from.  Remember that Rooftop battle? :roll:

*suddenly realizes WHICH president they were refering to*

Oh.  Right.  I forgot about Rufus' Dad.  :P

Well, in that case, all we need is for Reunion to show up and we can get this new party started! :wicked:

JPWest

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2005-05-25 21:04:40 »
We don't mean Rufus... we mean his Dad.

*edit*half a second too late it seems*

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2005-05-25 21:04:56 »
Your right the head looks abit off but i was this doing to hair for some time. He dont have hair like Palmer so i had to pull and move bit's of the hair as for the bowtie your right.

NeoS

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2005-05-26 14:24:42 »
Hmm. Let's say we get to the Nibelheim part. 2 kids, Cloud & Tifa. Could be a problem.
Another one: Zack. And of course Sephiroth (but he has two battlemodels, so that shouldn't be a problem)

Then we have the Turks, and Dyne.
I think you'll have the most of the models covered then.

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2005-05-26 18:13:21 »
I suspect we could get away with leaving kid models unchanged.  As for Zack, we use the Cloud model as a base and make edits from there, possibly using the "stock" Zack model's head instead.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2005-05-26 19:26:09 »
One thing someone'd have to do though is fix up barret and marlenes animations, otherwise i suspect that marlene would end up hopping onto daddy's shoulder and end up merging into his colarbone (in 7th heaven, of course) =P

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2005-05-26 21:31:07 »
For that animation it would place marlene just above the chest-
hip bone of barret... so it looks fine to me.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/db7bb0b0.jpg

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2005-05-26 21:55:36 »
I was playng that scene earlier, and I noticed that there's some sort of graphic glitch in between the two tables in front of the door, which acts as if the character's feet are being masked by some object despite the fact that there's nothing there.

And ironically enough, I see the same glitch in your shot, Reunion -- check out Barret's right foot, its not all there! :roll:

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2005-05-26 22:06:30 »
It is just the same clipping with the backround as always...
Heres a pic of the backround without the forground showing it shows were it will all clip.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/b2bb5337.jpg

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #164 on: 2005-05-26 22:14:53 »
Whoa, you guys are the masters of 3-D modeling, heh, *Goes back to old-fashioned programming*.

RPGillespie

P.S. Reunion, your new avatar is sweet.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2005-05-26 22:23:28 »
Since you mention it my avatar is taken right from my FF7 menu screen...
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/FFVIIIReunion/1736c9b6.jpg

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2005-05-26 23:31:46 »
Hmm....I see why now.  But, why are the stock models not affected by the clipping glitch when you use them to play that scene?

*Looks at Reunion's FF7 menu screen*

NICE!  :wicked:

And this gives me an idea -- if you're saying that that is what you've got it to display that in-game, we could add something like that in for whatever mod we're using, like

FFVII -- 2005 Edition

Or something like that....or simply a version number to indicate which version of the game we're using, or we could get someone to re-render that image at a higher resolution and overwrite the old one with the new, so that it would not look as pixellated when TheSaint's hi-res-display modificiations are complete and the patch is released....

In the meantime, maybe you should get in contact with ice_cold513 and get his corrected-skin Hojo model (amoung others) to implement in the next release. 8)

Jrodm12

« Reply #167 on: 2005-05-27 20:08:50 »
Hey this looks really amazing but i havn't gotten it to work yet.. i extract everything from char.lpg to a new folder. Then from that i put everyone from the HD cloud file to the same file i extracted char.lpg to? should it be overwriiting files in there? also i tried this and when i tried to make a lpg from it but when i pushed the save button lpg starts to not respond.. am i doing something wrong?

::EDIT:: Well i let it sit for a whille and it finnaly finished looks great Reunion. Can't wait to see the rest of models you been working so hard on. Thx!

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2005-05-27 20:43:22 »
Yes, you should overwrite the files. About the LGP tools, keep in mind that it doesn't shows any kind of progress bar when producing the new file. Probabily the program hasn't stoped reponding and it's just working. Let it run for a while.
PD.: I'm finishing my little recoloring/resizing tool :-P.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2005-05-27 23:31:40 »
Quote from: NeoS
Hmm. Let's say we get to the Nibelheim part. 2 kids, Cloud & Tifa. Could be a problem.

nope i have thinked of away around this. Borde made Cloud little so all we do is make Cloud & Tifa recoloring/resizing there done. I hope Borde puts a download of his tool and a faq on this forum soon. Cos i going to make all the battle mod back to the Field model size. I will make the kids littler cos the size thay are now are a bit to big and you see them moving into things.

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2005-05-28 12:00:08 »
awww no there gonna be shrinked?

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2005-05-30 01:09:42 »
An idea for unsharing animations... as in fixing the clipping problem..
Since each area in the flevel.lgp gives the animations for every character in the area one could just change the animation names in each location to make them unique.

For instance these are the animations that are used by Cloud in the ancnt3 location...
Code: [Select]
ancnt3
main_n_cloud.char
AAAA.HRC

ACFE.aki
AAFF.aki
AAGA.aki
AJEC.chi
HOHC.yos
HOHD.yos
HOHE.yos
HOHF.yos
HOIA.yos
HOIB.yos
HOIC.yos
HOID.yos
HOIE.yos
HOIF.yos

It would be easy to change these to make them each unique but the files in the flevel.lgp need to be commpressed and I don't know how to do that.
This would help fix clipping problem if anyone could help!

For those who still don't know why my models clip below the foreground I made side port view comparing my model and the original Cloud.

The green axis bar is where the animations for cloud are set at.

Reunion

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2005-05-30 17:11:19 »
RedXIII and Cait Sith have been rebuilt and lighted...

xspudx

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2005-05-30 17:47:38 »
reunion are these models just going to be like this? they dont look right on the screen, their too big, but went u shrink them to midgets they also dont look right, maybe its better if it should be left how it is?

JPWest

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2005-05-30 17:59:10 »
xspudx... go away?