Author Topic: Weapon skin change  (Read 27197 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: Weapon skin change
« Reply #50 on: 2013-07-01 13:14:46 »
"omega res novae" has created quite detailed video tutorials on changing skins for weapons a while ago already...
http://www.youtube.com/user/oooohraagh/videos

Also PitBrat and modders have put a lot of effort to give various weapon skin options to users via the Bootleg configurator.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-01 13:16:19 by LeonhartGR »

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2013-07-01 18:46:30 »
Sorry for your frustration  :(

This is how you learn to work with a PC in depth, by breaking it and fixing it again repeatedly. We've all been through it.

In the end, if the experience of learning how your computer works is not enjoyable... then ya, don't do it. If it isn't broken don't try to change it if you are going to get so angry when it doesn't work.

I'm suspicious of your windows install being up to date now. Anyway, good luck.

Hey dont get me wrong im not mad at you, you were trying to help me alot so far, but as i said i seem not to be able to get things done propperly because of the lack of concience in matters of Computers.

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2013-07-01 19:10:49 »
You can manually enter a name for the archive.
If you do not specify a path before, it will be created where ulgp's inside.

But you're right, with 0.5 it works properly!
With 0.7 it does not work, the old files are preserved in the archive (interesting).

The original RTAD is 9kb in size, millenias is 12289kb in size.
If I do not copy with, cloud attacks with empty hands  ;D

So when i download the v5 the whole thing might work in the end?
Or is it still my graphic gard which doesnt seem to like FF7 been modded?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2013-07-01 19:11:55 »
Maybe I'm alone with that, but I'm a very big fan of the 'direct mode' of Aali's driver.
Enable it, put all the weapons in the direct/battle folder and be happy. This is the best way to test something, before messing around with the lgp-files.
To enable it, you need to open the ff7_opengl.cfg with a text editor and at the very end you will see somehing like that 'direct_mode = on'. If you make a change, you have to save it.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2013-07-01 20:46:31 »
So when i download the v5 the whole thing might work in the end?
Or is it still my graphic gard which doesnt seem to like FF7 been modded?

Your graphics card is fine. I wish I had one like yours. I am not sure what all I did wrong to your system but I'm a little afraid to offer any more advice. If you really want to keep messing with it, try it with the .5 uLGP GUI. But direct mode is maybe a better option, as Kaldarasha mentioned, you could just take the weapon files you manipulate and place them in C:\Games\FF7\direct\battle folder. Check the box for direct mode in bootloader, too and save the setting. This allows you to test the weapon files with your game without inserting them into the lgp file. If it worked you could just leave it like that. 

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2013-07-02 08:53:49 »
Maybe I'm alone with that, but I'm a very big fan of the 'direct mode' of Aali's driver.
Enable it, put all the weapons in the direct/battle folder and be happy. This is the best way to test something, before messing around with the lgp-files.
To enable it, you need to open the ff7_opengl.cfg with a text editor and at the very end you will see somehing like that 'direct_mode = on'. If you make a change, you have to save it.

Ok but where do i find all this stuff and what does it look like, i know its a lot to aks but as i messed already up  so much, some pictures might help me out of misery.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2013-07-02 08:55:15 »
No problem, Matrix, few moments.

This is the tab in Bootloader that has the check box for direct mode. Make sure it is enabled.

This is the path for my "direct" mode battle folder. It should be OK to use direct for this mod, but it's not a good practice to fill the direct folder up with a lot of items. Also this is my cat, Royton John. He is named after a gay singer and a race car driver... anyway

This is after I copied the files from the MikesBusterSword+UltimaWeapon set I uploaded for you here to the direct/battle folder. Then try and load the game, if it doesn't work you can just delete them from the direct/battle folder and no harm done.

This is what I got with it when I loaded it up. That's the right model isn't it? I checked some other weapons and it works correctly on my system at the moment. How's it going for you, Matrix?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-02 09:27:24 by Template »

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2013-07-02 09:21:27 »
that needs me to reinstall bootleg right?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2013-07-02 09:24:04 »
No not at all

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2013-07-02 09:44:35 »
Quote from: Template link=topic=14377.msg201123#msg201123 date=137275531

[img width=640 height=213
http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu193/electrotoyou/Busterd_zpsab237a97.png[/img]
This is what I got with it when I loaded it up. That's the right model isn't it? I checked some other weapons and it works correctly on my system at the moment. How's it going for you, Matrix?

Yep thats the modell i want for all weapons exept ultima
well im still downloading kompasses converter, after that im still waiting for instructions what steps i should do next, run bootleg yes/no, what settings and so on. edit: Converter doesnt work for me, when i start game after config and in new exe winddow i only get eidos screen then screen fades to black with 2 red triangles and keeps so without any error message.

If you want i can pm you what changes i want to have for my game so maybe you can tell me if its worth using bootleg or which mods i need to install where?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-02 09:58:57 by MatrixOne »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2013-07-02 10:01:05 »
If you are doing the game converter, you need to do that before bootleg, so yeah.

I use the original 1998 FF7 PC release in English so I don't know a lot about the game converter. That's all Komp, but it may make your game work better with the mods. As far as what mods go where and all that... I'm about to pass out it's 5am in the US. I've been messing with bootleg 40 for almost a year now. It's awesome. There's all kinds of stuff on it, but if you want to change things around yourself, you have all the tools you need except practice. I guarantee if you mess with it, it'll break again at some point. Mine does all the time because I mess with it all the time. No throwing keyboards.

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2013-07-02 10:16:49 »

I'm about to pass out it's 5am in the US.

ok good night then, her in europe its 13pm^^

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2013-07-02 12:42:19 »
Well unfortunately direct mode doesnt function either, well at least no as intended:

Either the file you gave me is corrupted or game trys to load both battle lgp and the file from direct because in game it seems like the textures of the weapons are broken(form is correct and all look the same, but instead of shiny metal silver its papermache with rust and uncomplete texture aound with white hilt).

Last thing i try now is to download Uilgp_v5 and trythe other method described earlier.

And i think i got behind the thing why my games constantly having graphic issues, i have to turn off the shaders then NO more red triangles( i would like to install cata 13.5 beta but last time it got me only black screen while install and never returned to color again...so i suppose my ADM 6970 doesnt run on that driver) Edit: May that be because i use HDMI input?

Edit: got the lgpUi_v5 working :) Now i will experiment if any weapon skin can be modified this way...
Can someone pls tell me what Barrets First weapon has for a code(i have chosen the Ac barret from bootleg and want to keep that weapon for ever :D)
 and if his can be replaced the same way then clouds have been done?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-02 15:05:47 by MatrixOne »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2013-07-02 14:10:51 »
No, those drivers SHOULD work for you, I'm still puzzled by that. I tried the new 13.6beta2  today and it still does the red triangles. I dread trying to bring this up with AMD when/if they break legacy opengl permanently. The ONLY driver AMD graphics card owners can get shaders working with ff7 right now (as far as I know) is the 13.5beta2 I linked to. We basically have the same video processors but yours is more powerful (a lot). I use HDMI output. I cannot imagine why the driver install failed, but if you are feeling brave today, and want to try the 13.5beta2 install again, make sure to use the catalyst install manager to UNINSTALL all options first, it will prompt you to restart your computer, THEN rerun it and install all available options. I think itl work fine. One thing you need to realize is when you uninstall/reinstall video drivers it will ALWAYS momentarily black screen. Give it a minute. It'l come back up. It's switching the video drivers.   

Make a new save point just in case I guess... but jeez win7 is so stable I'm just really surprised you had to do that.

And yah... I got no sleep.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-02 14:12:48 by Template »

MatrixOne

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2013-07-02 15:11:33 »
One thing you need to realize is when you uninstall/reinstall video drivers it will ALWAYS momentarily black screen. Give it a minute.

mine rested black for over 15min thats why i said it messed up somewhere...

But as i stated, now uilgpv5 working i just let the shaders be gone and hope that it will run now as presumed, if you could tell me what barrets weapons codes are i want to try if i can change those also, or does there exists a weapon package with AC weapons that i havent found in all the forums here?