Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PSX/PC] Battle Stage to OBJ converter [1.1] [OUTDATED]

(1/5) > >>

Maki:
Disclaimer!
See newest BS software: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17064.0

Born from here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15906.0

FFVIII Battle stage .X to OBJ converter is intended to analyze, dump and convert data from FF8 .X battle stage files to OBJ with texture coordinates.

Current version: 1.1 (1.1)
Last updated: 25.03.2015

Features

* GUI
* Automatically searches for models in two modes: strict and extended (description below)
* Shows model offset, vertices, triangles and quad count, shows offset for each one
* Resolves TIM texture size + TPage'ing.
* Converts model data to OBJ
* Automatically creates MTL and OBJ needed info
* And something more I forgot about. :*
List of changes in 1.1

* Added Magic RIP Button (The most awaited :D)
* Redone debug info. Shows now full path
* Redesigned. Deleted unused progress bar and stuff
* Software now checks if obj is already ripped, if so, overwrites it. No more endless stream.

List of changes in 1.0

* Changed icon to the one made by LionHartGR. Thanks!
* Fixed triangle UV. Thanks to Kaspar01 for providing screenshots. Correct order was ABC> BCA
* Extremely optimized file. Now it's ~300 KB
* Built with .NET Framework 4.5 instead of 4.5.1
List of changes in 0.9e

* Added auto texture resolve
* Added auto MTL generator
* Injected quad/triangle algorithm as a one operation
* Made it less ugly (deleted unused options and stuff)
INSTRUCTION
1.Load file by File>Open
2.Click on one of preferred search modes
3.Select model offset from list on left (or click Magic RIP button - rips all valid meshes)
4.Click RIP
5.Generated MTL and OBJ is in your directory where .X file was. Software generates files named by this: (stageFilename)_(offsetOfModel)_(t or q).obj

Modes
Strict mode - Is most stable option to search for models, but it mostly misses many models (segments). This mode takes the models from generic model set as I wrote on wiki (and it's probably not true [what I wrote on wiki], as we can see now there're models before generic object header [will edit this later])
Extended mode - It searches from beginning. This CAN produce offset of models, that ARE NOT a models itself. There's where my model checker comes in action. Before RIP button is going to be available, my validator checks it for conditions:
Triangle count < 10000
Quad count < 10000
Vertices count < 10000
Vertices != 0
However, it's not 100% of possibilities, so there's still 1% of chance, that the wrong model will pass thru my validator. Ripping bad model passing my validator shouldn't crash the software itself, however the mesh would be complete mess.

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7vao6448jtse5v/VIII_x_to_obj_11.zip?dl=0

You will need .NET Framework 4.5 to run this.

FAQ

Covarr:
Which versions of the game does this work with?

Maki:

--- Quote from: Covarr on 2015-03-23 17:48:44 ---Which versions of the game does this work with?

--- End quote ---

Any. PSone, PC and PC STEAM re-release use the same files.

Halfer:
Fantastic job!!! I'm very glad that you got the stage model ripper done.

However, I do have a problem with importing textures to blender. I can't get the textures working on blender. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or if the .mtl is not working properly?

Maki:
MTL file says to use XXX.png texture (where XXX is your stage model filename)*. However if you just put a texture on it in Blender this is create new material, then everything should be working 100%. I'm not a blender guy though, so I can't help you more.

So, if you're working on a0stg105.x, then you should have a texture named a0stg105.png
You can edit MTL file by your own. You'll see inside how it's done. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version