Read this first! > Announcements and site development

An apology

<< < (2/17) > >>

sl1982:

--- Quote from: Rcarlucci on 2020-06-15 23:04:48 ---One thing can be get rid of this stupid ass karma system is does no good for anyone. it's not about pos/neg its about like you said more inviting to everyone and it gives a false sense of who someone really is and their hard work.

--- End quote ---

Done. Lets see if that helps.

urgdfriend:

--- Quote from: sl1982 on 2020-06-15 23:00:48 ---You arent wrong. I should have been throwing out warnings like candy. But I have a life and cannot be on here all the time. There is lots of blame to go around by everyone, especially me. But it is my job to clean up the mess and hopefully make this place a bit more inviting. I had hoped that everyone could just get along without having to police everything but apparently I was mistaken. Like I said I dont expect everyone to agree with this decision but this is the way it is going to be. This wasnt an easy decision to make today even though it was one that should have been made a long time ago.

--- End quote ---
To be completely Honest with you, Thats the life of a forum. You kinda do have to police everything. There is always something happening. There is always an argument.. Due to the nature of online and forums and being anonymous for the most part it becomes easy to attack others. It's sad to see things go. But I feel like... If things had continued like this It would have gone the way of team avalanche and just... died. I know how hard it is to be a mod or admin and still have a life to live. But at some point you do need to come in and smack some people.. And to be honest, I felt like some of these mods needed their own space anyway. Other then the toxicity Qhimm forums are fine when people are civil, the mods people make are great. But it was bound to burst once several mod frameworks popped up, all vying for support of other mod authors. Hopefully you and your team can get things onto a level plane again. But I feel like this forum just wont be the same due to one of the biggest names in FFVII modding getting banned.

Covarr:
I want to apologize too. As some of you may know, I'm probably closer to DLPB than a lot of the people on this forum are, and almost certainly than the rest of the site staff are, due to my involvement with Reunion as a proofreader. As such I have historically abstained from any moderation decisions regarding DLPB, out of concern that, no matter what my intentions, I could not be trusted to make unbiased decisions.

But I think this was just an excuse that I made because I didn't want to deal with it. I've known for a long time that his continued presence here was doing more harm than good for the community, and "I don't trust myself to deal with this fairly" is awfully close to "I don't feel like dealing with this" or "I don't wanna be the one who bans him."

It was nothing but weakness on my part. My reasons for not taking action, either against DLPB or against those who regularly prodded him, were not good reasons, and undermined the very purpose I'm meant to serve as a staff member.

So I, too, offer my sincerest apologies.

sl1982:

--- Quote from: urgdfriend on 2020-06-15 23:08:21 ---To be completely Honest with you, Thats the life of a forum. You kinda do have to police everything. There is always something happening. There is always an argument.. Due to the nature of online and forums and being anonymous for the most part it becomes easy to attack others. It's sad to see things go. But I feel like... If things had continued like this It would have gone the way of team avalanche and just... died. I know how hard it is to be a mod or admin and still have a life to live. But at some point you do need to come in and smack some people.. And to be honest, I felt like some of these mods needed their own space anyway. Other then the toxicity Qhimm forums are fine when people are civil, the mods people make are great. But it was bound to burst once several mod frameworks popped up, all vying for support of other mod authors. Hopefully you and your team can get things onto a level plane again. But I feel like this forum just wont be the same due to one of the biggest names in FFVII modding getting banned.

--- End quote ---

You are right. It will never be the same. This is why I have been so hesitant over the years to take this step. I truly hold no hard feelings toward DLPB even though the same will not be reciprocated. I will send any reuinion traffic to any site he has set up and hopefully his mod will flourish on its own.

strife98:
While I am new to the Moderation team for Qhimm, I too want to apologize to everyone in the forums. Things should have been handled much better on everyone's part. We have made many mistakes in the past, and we will work hard to try to fix those mistakes. I will do my best to make sure that things are handled better both on here, and in the Discord. I do not expect forgiveness to be immediate, but I hope one day you will look on the Moderation team in a better light than you have in the past. I am truly sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version