Final Fantasy 7 > General Discussion

Where is all the data for the PS1 version of FF7 located?

<< < (3/3)

soutsur:
Save files are stored locally on the computer. These can be found in a folder with the user's ID, within a "FINAL FANTASY VII" folder, within a "Square Enix" folder which is found in My Documents by default.

sithlord48:

--- Quote from: soutsur on 2021-12-21 09:38:10 ---Save files are stored locally on the computer. These can be found in a folder with the user's ID, within a "FINAL FANTASY VII" folder, within a "Square Enix" folder which is found in My Documents by default.

--- End quote ---
Save location depends on your version of ff7 for PC we have:

FF7 Pc(1997):

--- Code: ---<installDir>\saves\
--- End code ---

FF7 Pc(2012):

--- Code: ---<userDir>\Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII\user_<ID>\
--- End code ---

FF7 Pc(Steam):

--- Code: ---<userDir>\Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII Steam\user_<ID\>\
--- End code ---

FF7 Pc(Steam Proton):

--- Code: ---<userHome>/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/39140/pfx/drive_c/users/steamuser/My Documents/Square Enix/FINAL FANTASY VII Steam/user_<ID>
--- End code ---

Android:

--- Code: ---Internal storage/Android/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFVII/file/Documents
--- End code ---

Other PC Versions include IOS, Switch, PS4, XBoxOne (If its a "modern" release its the PC Version)

--- Quote from: Williamson on 2021-12-27 10:03:48 ---This game is so huge, in fact, that it spans three different discs, a tactic that wasn't uncommon at the time. Each disc is around 450 MB, and they add up to a total of 1,317 MB.

--- End quote ---

The game is not huge because of its "game" data in fact every game disc has the same copy of this data. The data taking up that space its all FMVs. If the PSX could use modern videos. The entire FMV set would take up about 175MB. The android release has videos twice the resolution of the PSX release and its FMV set only 250MB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version