Project forums > FF7Voice

Has a FFVII Voice-Over Project ever been attempted?

(1/15) > >>

ff7heart:
I can guess that it would be a mammoth project if anyone ever thought about doing it! But yeah, just wondering if you've ever heard of anyone even mention such a project before? I know we all have the possibility of a remake to look forward to, but in any case, that seems a long way off!
Would such a project be possible? I mean, technically? I'm new to the entire mod/patch etc scene, but would it be possible to include voice overs? Hmmm... I wonder!
If I wasn't a 16 year old kid with exam-overdrive to contend with, I might have actually thought about starting this up.
It would have collapsed within hours, of course, but hey, I'm the eternal optimist :]

*:.Griever.:*:
Wouldn't that be imposiblle?
What with FFVII havign all it's files already, wouldn't it require creating new files/archives, and packing them into the games directory?
I just ask because I would think that would make the game incapable of running.
Something no one would surely EVER want. :-)

Sefurosu:
If you could could make it run like ff7 music, outside the actual game, where it just intercepts, say, the level data and uses that to select what file to use, it should be semi-possible. Not realistic, but possible.

obesebear:
It theoretically could work I'm sure.  But there would most likely be some terrible loading times.

Izban:
well its quite possible all you really have to do is get the map files and get them to trigger a noise and you make that noise the speech.

i think meteor the program that is would be capable of adding the code to every scene, can be done but you would need lots of time some good voice actors and it would more then double the size of FF7 on your hard drive, its a case of too much effort for not enough gain, don't get me wrong if someone did it i would probably download it but i wouldn't be the one to make it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version