Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PC] MP3 Music support - Music ALPHA (Missing Download)

(1/5) > >>

Phun:
This project, Music, revolves around presenting the music of Final Fantasy VIII, which we all love, in MP3 format.

Note: Music.dll is not currently supported on x64 systems. I will develop a solution to this problem in the near future.

Download: MP3
Download: Music ALPHA

Installation:

* Extract the mp3 folder to your Final Fantasy VIII Music directory.
* Extract detoured.dll and Music.dll to your Final Fantasy VIII directory.
The song played during the introductory credits will stop instead of fading out, and the music does not loop in segments; these issues will be resolved in future revisions.

SaveTheQueen:
I've "lurked" the Qhimm forms for quite some time now, and while I've always been very impressed by and excited about all of the amazing FFVII mods here, I often wished that FFVIII would get a little more love. When I saw this today, I finally decided to register so that I could personally thank you for this. =] I noticed your multi-patcher, as well as a few other newer FFVIII mods springing up here and there, and it's really great to see such a fantastic game finally getting some more attention.

Best of luck on this project, and thanks again!

Makubex (Mendelevium):
O.O.
Man you sure work fast.
But, I am glad to see, that someone is finally doing a music patch for FF8 (sorry Samuel's Sound Fonts.... MP3 is better  :|)
Hope to see this completed..
As a someone else before me said..
More FF8 modding love.
 :-D

*Edit*
The New Exe. File you have provided.. causes me great sorrow...
cause it makes my game drop to desktop.. giving me that message... FFVIII.exe has stopped working
But when i switch back to the original exe. no such glitch..
O.o.

Aali:

--- Quote from: Phun on 2009-07-29 15:13:32 ---Hopefully, in the near future, Aali will add support for Music with his driver, which will allow any version of Final Fantasy VIII to be supported.

--- End quote ---

You know, the driver already supports loadable music plugins (only for FF7 at the moment, but FF8 should have a very similar system), I will gladly help you adapt this player of yours to that system. And if it's flexible enough it may become a much needed alternative to FF7Music.

Phun:

--- Quote from: SaveTheQueen on 2009-07-29 15:50:50 ---I've "lurked" the Qhimm forms for quite some time now, and while I've always been very impressed by and excited about all of the amazing FFVII mods here, I often wished that FFVIII would get a little more love. When I saw this today, I finally decided to register so that I could personally thank you for this. =] I noticed your multi-patcher, as well as a few other newer FFVIII mods springing up here and there, and it's really great to see such a fantastic game finally getting some more attention.

Best of luck on this project, and thanks again!

--- End quote ---

Thank you. I'm glad to see such appreciation for this project.  :-)

--- Quote from: Rinoa on 2009-07-29 23:43:39 ---O.O.
Man you sure work fast.
But, I am glad to see, that someone is finally doing a music patch for FF8 (sorry Samuel's Sound Fonts.... MP3 is better  :|)
Hope to see this completed..
As a someone else before me said..
More FF8 modding love.
 :-D

*Edit*
The New Exe. File you have provided.. causes me great sorrow...
cause it makes my game drop to desktop.. giving me that message... FFVIII.exe has stopped working
But when i switch back to the original exe. no such glitch..
O.o.

--- End quote ---

I think my FF8.exe is corrupted somehow. Do you remember me telling you I was having trouble between scenes? I'll see what I can do about it.

--- Quote from: Aali on 2009-07-29 23:57:30 ---
--- Quote from: Phun on 2009-07-29 15:13:32 ---Hopefully, in the near future, Aali will add support for Music with his driver, which will allow any version of Final Fantasy VIII to be supported.

--- End quote ---

You know, the driver already supports loadable music plugins (only for FF7 at the moment, but FF8 should have a very similar system), I will gladly help you adapt this player of yours to that system. And if it's flexible enough it may become a much needed alternative to FF7Music.

--- End quote ---

I'm using a very primitive method of playing the mp3s. I want to see how well it goes before I incorperate more advanced methods (which will allow fading, looping between specific segments, and much more). Basically, why this is will take so long to finish, is because my personal life will interfere with a majority of my work, and because I must play the game from start to finish to see how the music is played and looped for each scene.

I will be gone from late tomorrow to Sunday for personal reasons, but I plan on resuming work on the project immediately after I return.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version