Author Topic: problem with ff7.exe is v1.02  (Read 14735 times)

sephi69

• View Profile
problem with ff7.exe is v1.02
« on: 2006-09-09 19:17:18 »
Hello
I'm playing on windows XP (I open the game with 98) .I have a big problem with FF.v1.02  . I can install the patch , I select  RIVA 128 and 3D Accelator Hardware in the configurations ...
But when I run the game , the screen immediatly become black (nothing more , not "message" for FF7 to say that there is a probleme) , I can do nothing (escp and the others thing  as ctrl/alt/del don't work)

What can I do ? I must use  ff7.exe  v1.02  for installing the sephiroth patch... so I must find a solution , can somebody give me a solution ?

corpse

• View Profile
Re: problem with ff7.exe is v1.02
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-09 20:00:58 »
Have you tried pressing enter, as with the 1.02 patch the opening movie doesn't always work.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-09 20:32:12 »
yes but nothing answer when I press enter...
I dont see any film , I dont see the "eidos" film or the "squaresoft" film , juste a black screen ... all the button I press do nothing .
what to do ?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-09 21:35:58 »
Have you tried pressing enter, as with the 1.02 patch the opening movie doesn't always work.
If you have the default keypad layout, you'd actually want to press start to skip past the opening videos. Unfortunately, you can't skip the in-game movies this way.

Have you tried the upside down movie patch? That seems to help with this problem sometimes.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-09-09 21:55:52 »
where can i find this patch  please ?

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-09-09 22:24:01 »
Heyy,
 Upside-down movie patch can be found here

http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/ff7moviepatch.zip
if that doesn't work just go to http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/ 
and find the patch in the list

goodluck!  :-D

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-09-09 23:28:09 »
Sorry but this patch doesn't do anything for my problem ...
the screen stay black ...

zaphod77

• View Profile
    • Super Сasual Dating Real Women
« Reply #7 on: 2006-09-12 22:58:05 »
Try unchecking the "nvidia" checkbox, and see if it still lets you select hardware mode. If so, you have the "nvidia patch doesn't work when 8 bit paletted textures ARE supported" bug.

It will probably run, but most likely with screwey gfx.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-09-13 15:08:14 »
I have try to uncheck the "nvdia" and the problem still.
To select the hardware mode , I must check the "nvdia"... (so I select RIVA128 , the only renderer i have is " Direct 3D Hardware Acceleration , I suppose it's the hardware mode i you talking about ? correct me if im wrong).
The read me say i must select RIVA ...but it doesn't work ...

I open my game with windows 98 , must I use another ?
what is "screwey gfx." and where can i find it (on my computer , on the web ?) can you explain me please
Im french , excuse my english please
thank you very much for your help

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #9 on: 2006-09-13 17:54:58 »
Have you tried it with TNT instead of RIVA selected?  I *always* use TNT, I'm not sure if the RIVA option does what you need on modern cards.

King Mod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-09-13 20:29:44 »
I also had this problem when I first started the game. so maybe this i can help. What i had to do was right click go into your display properties. Once in properties navigate to the last tab which should be settings. open settings and find the advanced button. After you click advanced it will bring up another set of tabs navigate to hte troubleshoot tab and click it, in this section it will have an option hardware acceleration you want yourhardware acceleration at full or one hash mark away. It worked for me

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-09-13 23:13:12 »
King Mode
Do you use RIVA ou TNT (in the configurations) , and do you open your game with 98 ?
Sorry but I'm french and I have difficulties to understand all your explications . Have I got to click right on the "ff.exe" or on "ff config" , what is ther "display posperties " you are talking about please (or where is)?
The problem is that I dont find "settings" or "advanced button"...can somebody help ?
« Last Edit: 2006-09-13 23:26:45 by sephi69 »

King Mod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-09-14 04:11:42 »
You right click while nothing is open on your desktop the last option will be properties. Then just follow the directions above.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-09-14 11:00:44 »
There is now another problem .

My screen become black, and the application leaves immediately .There is no error message, explaining why final Fantasy has to leave for such or such reason .I tested all the "levels" of the harward acceleration , this is the only results for the for the 4 more "has left" (on the bar) and for the 3 more "has right" they don't change the first problem (a black screen where i can't do nothing).
Anybody has an idea of what I can do ?

King Mod

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-09-14 15:02:38 »
Have you tried to uninstall the game completely and re-install the game.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-09-14 20:29:35 »
I have unstale the game and delete all the "squaresoft"file ...
I have try to run the game with and without the solution you gave me but nothing change...
Without your solution , the screen becomes black and I can do nothing (no escape possible)
With , the screen appear juste one second and the game leave without giving me a message like "final fantasy as leaved because"...

somebody have a solution ?

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #16 on: 2006-09-14 20:31:36 »
Look. Forget about the TNT patch....
Get the game working in Software mode, first....then you can mess around with the TNT patch.
Recommend reinstalling and going from there...

(Another thing to note.... the game only works from the CD-rom that you installed the game from.)

And for starters...go into Dxdiag and turn off Sound Acceleration...put it into basic mode. Full Sound Acceleration sometimes causes this problem....depending on what soundcard and drivers you have.

(and if this is some type of BS torrent file.....then you are on your own... FF7 uses windows regestery to find where the movies are located.... If it can't find them.....you get that black screen)
« Last Edit: 2006-09-14 20:39:08 by Threesixty »

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-09-14 22:15:35 »
And for starters...go into Dxdiag and turn off Sound Acceleration...put it into basic mode. Full Sound Acceleration sometimes causes this problem....
How can I do that ? I want to say "where can i find all this things" (sorry Im french , so I have so problems to understand all)
thanks you very much for you answer because im a bit lost

my card , is an ATI RADEON (portables). 

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-09-14 22:21:56 »
That's probably your problem.  As far as I can tell, TNT and RIVA are for nVidia.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #19 on: 2006-09-14 22:46:01 »
That's probably your problem.  As far as I can tell, TNT and RIVA are for nVidia.
Works fine on Radeon9550 and Radeon9600.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-09-14 23:58:07 »
my card is a ATI RADEON 200M

-do you know something about this card and FF7 ?

-With thsi patch must i us TNT ? RIVA? uncheck nvidia" checkbox or not ?

-Must I use a patch (for TNT or RIVA ??)

_which   speciala djustments  have I to make on my computer?

I come from  install back completely the game, but I will like that you explain me what I must do in the order. Could you explain me in details handling which I must make and or is the files which I must go to seek or modify on my computer.
Excuse me if I dont understand all you say , I'm french and I have difficulties with english sometimes

I thank you all for you help

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #21 on: 2006-09-15 08:59:44 »
1. Uninstall FF7
2. Remove all codecs (not joking), restart Windows
3. Install FF7 with movie player (from install screen), restart could be necessary
4. Install 1.02, set Direct3D
5. Try and run it. If it's just black screen and nothing happens, goto step 7
6. If it leaves immediately, turn that hardware acceleration up so it gets you a black screen problem
7. If black screen problem persist, install upside-down movie patch (search for upside-down)

At the end, there should be an Eidos logo. If there is still a black screen, follow that list again. Codecs can be installed again after you get FMVs working.

Now, for your problem. You were probably unable to skip the black screen (eidoslogo is supposed to run here) because you have a laptop and there is no numpad enter (the "standard" enter doesn't work). Try pressing Fn button (if you have it) with enter, or any other key that has enter label. You can also use laptop keypad patch (umm... you're on your own finding it) or just buy a decent USB joypad.

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006-09-15 12:11:31 »
Just on question
what is a "condec" and how can I uninstall them please ?
what is "direct 3d" (where can I find it , what must i do with it ?)

i will try your solution when i will know that , thank you very much for your answer i hope it will help me .

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006-09-15 12:57:21 »
Codecs - like K-Lite Codec Pack. Direct3D is hardware acceleration (as opposite to software rendering) and can be picked in FF7Config program (for modern cards, after choosing the nVidia fix).

sephi69

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006-09-15 13:16:49 »
where can i find "all the condecs" ? can you help me to do that please ? I'm new on PC, I dont know where i can find this files .. Do you know something I can do to uninstall them all  (if i must to that) ?
what nVidia must I choose ( riva or tnt ?)