Author Topic: [SOLVED] Sound missing in some FMV's  (Read 3115 times)

paraparanoias

[SOLVED] Sound missing in some FMV's
« on: 2010-08-10 18:04:41 »
Hi everybody,

I have ff7 (max. installation without extensions) with 1.02 patch and Aali's 0.7.8b. The first video run's perfect, but the video of the first explosion and when Cloud jumps to the train have no sound. After that, the sound continues missing while you're playing until the scenario changes. I've tried Aali's driver 0.7.3b and reinstalling with FF7 Remix 2.5.1, but the problem persists.

I'm running the game on Windows 7 x64, and my sound card is a SoundBlaster Audigy SE 24bits.

Thanks for the help.

« Last Edit: 2010-08-12 00:03:33 by paraparanoias »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: Sound missing in some FLV's
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-10 18:30:57 »
happens on vista and windows 7, i think ff7music is a fix, not sure though, i have the same issue

paraparanoias

« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-10 20:28:13 »
Ok, thanks for the info. I think ff7remix already has ff7music inside, so maybe that's not the solution. The problem persists during all the game or only in the beginning?

Thanks again!

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-10 21:24:06 »
I think you mean "FMV's". Anyways if you're using FF7music and the reactor explosion maybe your missing the sound file of the explosion(I have the same problem as you before but I just had a missing sound).

paraparanoias

Re: Sound missing in some FMV's
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-10 22:02:39 »
Yes, I want to say FMV's (thanks). FF7Music isn't the problem because I reinstalled the game and it isn't patched with any mod now. It's strange, because the FMV sounds for a second but the volume turns down slowly. If nobody else has the same problem I can try to change my sound card's properties or try with the onboard sound card.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-08-11 00:03:11 »
Yes, I want to say FMV's (thanks). FF7Music isn't the problem because I reinstalled the game and it isn't patched with any mod now. It's strange, because the FMV sounds for a second but the volume turns down slowly. If nobody else has the same problem I can try to change my sound card's properties or try with the onboard sound card.
This problem is GUARANTEED to happen on a clean install. The easiest solution is to use Aali's driver and FF7Music, although Loopbe can fix it also if you feel like figuring out how to use it.

paraparanoias

« Reply #6 on: 2010-08-11 14:30:03 »
Woo! It was really FF7Music the solution! I'm happier now hehe. Only one minor thing: in the FMV of the explosion of the reactor the music doesn't stop, it's not a big problem, but I think that when I played PSX version the music (not all the sound) stops in that moment. However, now I can start modding the game and enjoying it.

Thanks!

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-08-11 21:20:09 »
That's the only backdown for using FF7Music. Sometimes sounds can't loop properly and it repeats at the wrong time too. Anyways I saw a thread for ogg sounds.

paraparanoias

« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-12 00:02:33 »
Oh, never mind. That little "problem" doesn't affect the gameplay. Thanks again!