Author Topic: The FF7 Music mod  (Read 2373 times)

JimGetzey

The FF7 Music mod
« on: 2010-08-13 21:39:22 »
I got it to work using the instructions from finalfantasy7pc.com to the T, but I noticed shortly into the game that some of the music doesn't quite play in the right situation.  For instance,  random battles, even the first boss battle triggered the opening theme to play; you know the one at the beginning where it zooms in over midgar and end at the train station. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I didn't think it was an Avalanche Project so I posted it here.   :oops:

Tuxedo

• View Profile
Re: The FF7 Music mod
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-13 22:15:31 »
The theme that's supposed to play there is the opening theme it's just further in. I think it's a looping problem. You could try cutting out the part that's supposed to play there and make it into a separate MP3 (using Audacity) and make that new file the song that replaces the bombing mission theme.

JimGetzey

« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-13 22:33:18 »
You are correct.  The part where it kicks in with "buhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnunun  wih wih wih wih BAAAAAHHH buhbuhbuhhhhhhh"   lol    I can live with that.  I thought it was mixing things up.   :-D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-15 18:55:31 »
This problem can be avoided for now by using the PSFs instead of MP3s. Eventually someone will probably do properly looping OGGs, which will sound as good as MP3s but loop better, providing the optimal solution, but so far nobody has been motivated to complete it.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-15 20:06:48 »
I nominate covarr!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-08-15 23:48:09 »
I nominate covarr!
If you nominate me, it'll never get done. I'm lazy, and impatient with Audacity. Also, last time I tried fixing a looping song (fixing the intro on a song from Nintendo Puzzle Collection because it has a stupid fade-in effect), I did a sloppy job and it didn't sound that good.

tl;dr - Nominate somebody who can (and will) do it right.