Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4868784 times)

Khoral

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9225 on: 2020-04-18 13:51:00 »
Hi Sega Chief, and thanks for this awesome mod :)

I'm a french dude currently enjoying it, and I was wondering if you would be ok with me translating it into french ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: 2020-04-18 14:21:15 »
Hey! I registered just to comment on this.
In the mod Aeris actually says "This guy a sick" now (if I remember correctly). I thought that was poking fun at the original translation... does it really need a fix?

I'll get it right one day.

Hi Sega Chief, and thanks for this awesome mod :)

I'm a french dude currently enjoying it, and I was wondering if you would be ok with me translating it into french ?

Yeah, that'd be really cool. I think NT is available through a mod pack on ff7.fr that Satsuki manages but it's still currently in English.

The majority of text is handled through the tool Makou Reactor, but some parts of the text need older tools.

Wall Market for the Kernel text (equipment, spell names, etc.) for which you'll need Visual Studio Power Packs 3.0 installed.

The in-battle text for enemy names + attacks, and the occasional dialogue that shows (like the warning about Guard Scorpion's tail) is in the scene.bin.

If you run into any issues with the tools or the text, feel free to hit me up.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: 2020-04-18 14:56:53 »
I've updated the front page links; also, the IRO version was missing the mouth texture removal for NPCs so I've added that back in (gets rid of the 'o' mouths).

Khoral

• View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: 2020-04-18 15:13:42 »
Yeah, that'd be really cool. I think NT is available through a mod pack on ff7.fr that Satsuki manages but it's still currently in English.
Yup, I'm already in touch with the guys who made the french translation so I can use it on NT :)

The majority of text is handled through the tool Makou Reactor, but some parts of the text need older tools.

Wall Market for the Kernel text (equipment, spell names, etc.) for which you'll need Visual Studio Power Packs 3.0 installed.

The in-battle text for enemy names + attacks, and the occasional dialogue that shows (like the warning about Guard Scorpion's tail) is in the scene.bin.

If you run into any issues with the tools or the text, feel free to hit me up.
Thanks ! I'll make sure to check that out and reach you if I run into something.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: 2020-04-19 00:58:19 »
There's a crash in the church due to a bad model reference (I changed them for this patch because of a new method I'm using for a cleaner char.lgp).

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/C5tAwKib#itGZp79J_IqcMwnvxs5XWuCqMxJdb1Q0d2xI_cWiEQc

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/KhtgxCbI#3xm4JReKWLo3TtKX-XBZ-FfxHPoLSSx7OLmGJRITVCg

Edit:
Might have been a false alarm actually, but just in case I'll keep these links.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-19 01:21:24 by Sega Chief »

ttzak

• View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: 2020-04-19 09:33:52 »
It's always been compatible with 7h. The new catalog for 7h 2.0 though had it flagged as incompatible with certain mod types by mistake like field models.
This is what I'm experiencing. Is there a way to fix this so they can be combined? You say "had it flagged" so I assume/hope there's a workaround?

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: 2020-04-19 09:44:26 »
For the buttons thing, is just adding it to the flevel text enough to suffice? How do the shoulder/d-pad/select/start buttons work?

Edit: I checked the chunks within the ESUI Controller Addon with a hex editor and got a list of (most) of the button codes being used:

98 OK
95 Cancel
97 Menu
BE Up
BF Down
93 Left
94 Right
99 L1
9A R1
81 Select
82 Start

In the makou tool's text editor, it has a shortcut for adding the action buttons (Circle, etc.) like this: {CIRCLE} which gets translated into the relevant hex code (0x98 in this case). But there's no listing option in the tool for the shoulders/d-pad/select/start buttons. How did you add them in?

yep just replace [ok] etc. with button variables, I will send you some info.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: 2020-04-19 23:09:26 »
This is what I'm experiencing. Is there a way to fix this so they can be combined? You say "had it flagged" so I assume/hope there's a workaround?

The catalog IRO I don't know, but the IRO from this thread should be fine. You can also disable mod compat checks for the catalog one if it prevents you using them together.

Thanks to W.D. for the donation; missed it due to the remake.

mortal312

• View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: 2020-04-20 01:01:45 »
Hey guys i've just started playing your mod for the first time and it's been a fun ride. I think I may have a problem regarding the limit breaks however.

My main party has just reached around level 30 after gongaga and i'm still only at level 1 limit breaks. I don't think the vanilla method is working, is there some other way of obtaining limit breaks in the mod or is this a potential bug in my game?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: 2020-04-20 02:01:36 »
Hey guys i've just started playing your mod for the first time and it's been a fun ride. I think I may have a problem regarding the limit breaks however.

My main party has just reached around level 30 after gongaga and i'm still only at level 1 limit breaks. I don't think the vanilla method is working, is there some other way of obtaining limit breaks in the mod or is this a potential bug in my game?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

It should be based on kills to unlock the next Limit Level. A save editor would be able to determine how many kills each character has.

Cloud
2: 90
3: 180

Barret
2: 60
3: 110

Tifa

Aeris
2: 50
3: 100

Red

Yuffie

Cait
2: 30
3: N/A

Vincent
2: 6
3: 12

Cid
3: 60

mortal312

• View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: 2020-04-20 02:54:28 »
It should be based on kills to unlock the next Limit Level. A save editor would be able to determine how many kills each character has.

Cloud
2: 90
3: 180

Barret

Tifa

Aeris

Red

Yuffie

Cait
3: N/A

Vincent
2: 6
3: 12

Cid
3: 60

Thanks so much! I just checked and yea lol it turns out each of my three members were all extremely close to to getting their 2nd level breaks. I just got Barret's first level 2 break, I'm not sure how to get the 2nd one.

While I've got ur attention, are all the limit breaks pre 4 dependant upon kills? Thanks.

Khoral

• View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: 2020-04-20 05:59:50 »
Hey Sega Chief, I was wondering.

Did you make any changes to the base dialogues or elements (like Materia names, etc.) of the game or did you only add new stuff ?
Just so I know if I can replace whole sections of files like kernel.bin or if I have to go into details.

Thanks !

ttzak

• View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: 2020-04-20 18:40:29 »
The catalog IRO I don't know, but the IRO from this thread should be fine. You can also disable mod compat checks for the catalog one if it prevents you using them together.

Thanks to W.D. for the donation; missed it due to the remake.
Oh ok, didn't know that. If I want to avoid disabling the compatibility check, can I just import the IRO from here and continue my saved game that was started with the catalog version of the mod?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: 2020-04-21 03:10:15 »
Thanks so much! I just checked and yea lol it turns out each of my three members were all extremely close to to getting their 2nd level breaks. I just got Barret's first level 2 break, I'm not sure how to get the 2nd one.

While I've got ur attention, are all the limit breaks pre 4 dependant upon kills? Thanks.

The 2nd Limit in each Limit Level relies on uses of the 1st Limit instead. For instance, you use Braver (1-1) 8 times to get Cross Slash (1-2).

Hey Sega Chief, I was wondering.

Did you make any changes to the base dialogues or elements (like Materia names, etc.) of the game or did you only add new stuff ?
Just so I know if I can replace whole sections of files like kernel.bin or if I have to go into details.

Thanks !

Some of the base things were changed. A lot of status healing items had their effect 'doubled up' and were given a new name based on their old one. Eye Drops was changed into an attack item due to its odd placement in the item listing (Darkness is now also cured by Echo Screen, which was renamed Echo Drops; an amalgam of the two). A lot of the misc 'useless' items from base game were repurposed.

Not all the dialogue text was changed in the flevel but a lot of it was tweaked and some lines were either moved or repurposed.

Oh ok, didn't know that. If I want to avoid disabling the compatibility check, can I just import the IRO from here and continue my saved game that was started with the catalog version of the mod?

Yeah should be able to do that.

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: 2020-04-22 08:35:35 »
Hi!

First thank you for your hard work and please excuse me if i write something the wrong way. I'm french native so i do my best. ^^

I'm currently exploring the forum to find the precisions in an exhaustive list of modifications you made but so far i did'nt find some FAQ where all answers could be reunited. Does it exists? If yes, please ignore my other techical answers. (I read the general description but by example how far did you modify power of magic materia, etc.)

Else:
- Is normal mode supposed to be more difficult than the classic FFVII?
- How much diffiucl the Arrange mode is than the Normal mode? (If too complex to explain, maybe some examples should show the spirit...)
- How can we find the sidequests you created?
- Are the modification of Limit Break are explained in the ingame description?
- Are they known issues with other mods of the Qhimm Catalog standard?

Thank you
« Last Edit: 2020-04-22 08:51:14 by YouffieFanFR »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9240 on: 2020-04-22 12:57:58 »
Hi!

First thank you for your hard work and please excuse me if i write something the wrong way. I'm french native so i do my best. ^^

I'm currently exploring the forum to find the precisions in an exhaustive list of modifications you made but so far i did'nt find some FAQ where all answers could be reunited. Does it exists? If yes, please ignore my other techical answers. (I read the general description but by example how far did you modify power of magic materia, etc.)

Else:
- Is normal mode supposed to be more difficult than the classic FFVII?
- How much diffiucl the Arrange mode is than the Normal mode? (If too complex to explain, maybe some examples should show the spirit...)
- How can we find the sidequests you created?
- Are the modification of Limit Break are explained in the ingame description?
- Are they known issues with other mods of the Qhimm Catalog standard?

Thank you

Normal Mode is a rebalance so it is more challenging than the base game.

Arrange takes the normal mode enemies and applies a level buff, unlocks some alternate attacks for them, and some bosses swap out for different versions.

Sidequests are on Disc 3; go to the bottom of the North Crater, a cue will be given that they're unlocked, and then you can check where they are using the new NPC on the Highwind close to the pilot.

Limit Break changes should be on their in-menu descriptions.

If using NT from the catalog it may be locked from using field model mods. You can get around this either by turning off compatibility mode, or by using the IRO that's available on this thread (which may be more up to date, I updated it recently).

Mods NT can't be used with are:
-) ESUI Controller Addon (alters the flevel)
-) Translation patches (spell names, dialogue, etc.)
-) Gameplay Mods like Hardcore mod

Germmie

• View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: 2020-04-22 14:26:36 »
Hi Sega chief, the latest NT mod released on 2020/04/18 contains a bug during disc for the lucrecia scene with vincent in the party. During the flashback, the game will freeze at the shinra basement as if you are controlling your character. (you will see the player indicator as well as entrance /exit indicator ) andthe game just get stuck there with no advancement.

using the NT mod under the qhimm gameplay catalog does not have this issue,

thpassenger

• View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: 2020-04-22 14:48:02 »
Hi! First of all, I have ti say that I am enjoying this mod a lot a I recommend It to all my childhood friends

I'm also using Ninostyle and it puts me off the difference between some battle models, for instance when Jesse joins cloud and barret to fight the remains of the Scorpion. I Saw that Ninostyle now has models for Jesse and even for Zack and I Would like to use them so the game looks better. Is there a way to include them?

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: 2020-04-22 17:31:29 »
@Sega Chief:

Thanks for the answer. Researching, i found the google docs with many information so it seems perfect.

I downloaded and installed all Qhimm standard mods and activate Field Models, it seems to work so far (i'm at Don Corneo).
I just had some crash and graphic issues:
- First scene after the entrance movie, i had black screen, but knowing what i have to do, first battle trigger and it comes to normal
- First Boss: Scorpion, one of his attack show the damage before it hits (Venom tail if i remember correctly)
- Few times i had crash just after battle or more preciselt it seems just after experience screen. I deactivate "Animations" mod to test. So far, no more crash.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: 2020-04-22 18:08:06 »
Hi Sega chief, the latest NT mod released on 2020/04/18 contains a bug during disc for the lucrecia scene with vincent in the party. During the flashback, the game will freeze at the shinra basement as if you are controlling your character. (you will see the player indicator as well as entrance /exit indicator ) andthe game just get stuck there with no advancement.

using the NT mod under the qhimm gameplay catalog does not have this issue,

That must be something new, probably a result of me putting a vanilla field in there to try and sort out that menu mod problem. That'd explain why the issue is not in the catalog version. I'll update it today.

Hi! First of all, I have ti say that I am enjoying this mod a lot a I recommend It to all my childhood friends

I'm also using Ninostyle and it puts me off the difference between some battle models, for instance when Jesse joins cloud and barret to fight the remains of the Scorpion. I Saw that Ninostyle now has models for Jesse and even for Zack and I Would like to use them so the game looks better. Is there a way to include them?

Download the nino models and unpack them. Using the 7h Manager, you can unpack an IRO. Unpack the nino IRO and add the new models to the required folders. Then repack the IRO using 7h and import it back in.

@Sega Chief:

Thanks for the answer. Researching, i found the google docs with many information so it seems perfect.

I downloaded and installed all Qhimm standard mods and activate Field Models, it seems to work so far (i'm at Don Corneo).
I just had some crash and graphic issues:
- First scene after the entrance movie, i had black screen, but knowing what i have to do, first battle trigger and it comes to normal
- First Boss: Scorpion, one of his attack show the damage before it hits (Venom tail if i remember correctly)
- Few times i had crash just after battle or more preciselt it seems just after experience screen. I deactivate "Animations" mod to test. So far, no more crash.

So for the first thing, that typically happens if the opening FMV has some kind of trouble or is skipped. You can make the screen appear either by opening the menu or triggering a battle like you did.

The 60fps mod relies on models with interpolated animations, and NT's battle models do not have this interpolation so some of the attacks will have their numbers pop at the wrong time.

Last one I guess is related to an animations mod but unsure of cause.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-22 18:18:01 by Sega Chief »

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: 2020-04-22 18:19:11 »
So for the first thing, that typically happens if the opening FMV has some kind of trouble or is skipped. You can make the screen appear either by opening the menu or triggering a battle like you did.

The 60fps mod relies on models with interpolated animations, and NT's battle models do not have this interpolation so some of the attacks will have their numbers pop at the wrong time.

Last one I guess is related to an animations mod but unsure of cause.

For the first thing i skipped the opening FMV so seems certain.

Noted for the 60 FPS i deactivated it (for other reason too)

Crash came back with animations mod off, so probably not the origin of the problem. The error message says maybe a problem with cache texture. I tried different options in the "Game Driver" configuration, we'll see... Not really sure it's NT related.

Thanks for your great work.
The "New Hall of Beginners for NT" was really appreciated (even if all answers was in the google docs).
Spoiler: show
The 2 encounters added in the 2 first reactors missions was unexepecting and good surprises.

Thanks too to the 7th heaven creators. Amazing interface for non-professional work, and even the emergency save in case of crash is a nice feature.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: 2020-04-23 09:58:53 »
I found some materia modifiers weird...

By example Barrier, what i found useful materia gives:
+3 Vitality
+ 3 Magic def
+ 3% HP
That makes it a must have

In other way Elementa what i found situational gives:
Vitality -10
MDef -10
So for me it makes it a trash materia

The no Magic bonus on classic green attack materia (Fire, Lightning, etc.) makes also weird cause i thought you were expecting us to use them more... not seems so with this malus -3 vitality and -3 Mdef)  and no real bonus (+3% mp, no really care)

What was your point of view on this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: 2020-04-23 14:45:48 »
Elemental provides a damage reduction to attacks of a certain element (or nulls/absorbs them) so as a drawback it drops Vit/Spr so that other attacks hurt a little more. When used offensively it makes the attacker a bit more fragile. I think that calling it trash over a -10 to defence/mdef is an over-reaction; the reduction is fairly minimal, and is more to counteract the use of multiple Elemental/Added-Effect Materia in armour toward the end of the game by stacking the penalties.

Support/Status magic was given positive buffs to encourage their use a bit more. Attack magic materia doesn't have a magic bonus on it so it's not just all stacked onto a caster but spread across the party a bit more; I'm more open to changing this though as I don't think it fits very well.

In the 2.0 build, some of the attack magic raises STR/VIT/HP and the others lift MAG/SPR/MP; idea being that Magic Materia can be split to strength-oriented characters and magic-oriented ones, with the option to support a hybrid build that can use physicals + magic effectively. It also means that if you have a fight where you didn't need, say, Fire or Ice but had a spare slot for AP you could pick the one that lifted the more desired stat(s) for that character (strength if it's a physical attacker, magic if it's a caster, HP if it's a cover tank, SPR if there's a lot of magic damage in the fight, etc).

YouffieFanFR

• View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: 2020-04-23 15:07:44 »
What is the build 2.0? I'm interested.