Author Topic: Advent Pieces Bonus DVD - FF VII FMVs redone ?  (Read 10172 times)

Shaher

• View Profile
    • http://www.finalcraft.com
Advent Pieces Bonus DVD - FF VII FMVs redone ?
« on: 2006-03-16 12:55:26 »
Hi there,
I've started this topic, because I've heard a rumor about the Bonus-DVD of FF VII Advent Children, that is included only in the "Advent Pieces" Special Edition.

I know that there's a summary of FF VII on it (a MUCH better one, then the short one in the movie)
But now I've heard something new...
There's a rumor about the fact, that this Bonus-DVD contains better versions of the FF VII FMVs o.O
I've seen a screen from the Jenova-tank (I hope this is the correct word o.o) with a much better quality.
So my question is: Have ALL FMVs redone this way ? And are all of them on that disc ?

If they are: I need them for the PC-Version, so a little "tip" where to find in a PM or so would be great >.<

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2006-03-16 14:01:56 »
I have heard news that the Advent Pieces collection includes a PS2 game Final Fantasy VII International, but it only works on the Japanese PS2.  I have no idea if that is the enhanced FMVs you speak of or if that game is enhanced at all.  I'm interested in the sneak peak of Upcoming Final Fantasy VII games that is included with the American release.  Anyone heard what that is about?

Link

Lenas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-03-16 22:22:36 »
Um.. Dirge of Cerberus, Beyond Crisis, etc.

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-03-17 03:16:44 »
I doubt it, remember that Square likes to make money, and putting in one extra scene, would just create more demand. Besides, why would they want to give us the game on the special edition, its less money for them. Unless Square turns over a new leaf (allowing Chrono Trigger Resurrection, making their old games open source, and offers support for the PC versions offically) I doubt they will do anything besides dissapoint us yet again...

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-03-18 13:53:38 »
Quote from: Midgar
I doubt it, remember that Square likes to make money, and putting in one extra scene, would just create more demand. Besides, why would they want to give us the game on the special edition, its less money for them.

The Advent Pieces Collection costs about $250 American.  I doubt they are worried about money.

GK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-03-19 16:42:52 »
I've got Advent Pieces.  Basically, it has a video feature on it that has parts of some of the FFVII cutscenes in DVD quality.  I don't think it's that they were redone, it's just that they were compressed for the PS release, and the DVD has less compressed versions of them.

EDIT:
Advent Pieces includes a special edition of FFVII International.  The only difference is the disk art.  I doubt anyone has ever tried to play them to see if there was a difference due to their Limited Edition nature.

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #6 on: 2006-03-19 17:59:35 »
I agree with GK (I too own AP), as they don't really look redone, just superior quality when compared with those on the PSX discs.

As far as I know there is no difference re-release of FFVII International, aside from the covers.

Shaher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-03-20 22:41:42 »
Aw... my failure >.<
By saying "redone" I didn't mean "made in Advent Children-Quality", instead I'd like to say "higher res/better quality".
Sry, if this was confusing some of you guys.

But there's still one question:
Were all FMVs refone this way ?
Would be so great to rip them and use them in the game =3

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-03-24 02:39:18 »
I think that we would need to have a reformat of them, they would have to use the Truemotion codac, unless if someone kind, and with good programing skills (I'm thinking of you dziugo^^) would do something about it. But then again we would need to make the programmer work with all the materials. I don't think there is a current way to make the PSX videos work on the computer version.. yet. Wait, its on the DVD and/or the Game included? If its on the DVD we need to find a way to convert that too...

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
« Reply #9 on: 2006-03-24 03:16:36 »
Well, Midgar the FMV's aren't really "there".

You see them (and notice the quality difference) as part of one video that goes through the events of FFVII, as Cloud rides around and gets calls from others.

Shaher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-03-24 06:13:52 »
Quote from: Midgar
I don't think there is a current way to make the PSX videos work on the computer version.. yet.

o-O
Just ripp them to DivX-AVIs with "PSX Multi Converter/PSX_MC" right of the PSX-Discs o.o
This step only provides just a very small enhancement of the quality.
But if you want to, you can edit the movies with a program like Adobe Premiere or Virtual Dub, using some filters (f.e. sharpen).
Takes a long time, 'cause there is no batch-editing =(

Anyway, there are some threads arround here, about this topic ^^

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #11 on: 2006-03-24 10:00:35 »
Shaker is right - it doesn't have to be a TrueMotion encoded file. It can be any video that your system is capable of displaying.

dziugo

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-03-24 15:26:46 »
Quote from: Shaher
Anyway, there are some threads arround here, about this topic ^^

Here is one of those helpful topics.

Link

Midgar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-03-25 17:32:31 »
Yeah, sorry about my misinformation. I didn't search the right words I suppose. I'll look for my PSX cds today I suppose...

someBodyOnceToldMe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-04-15 03:49:16 »
one of the Japanese versions of Advent Children was supposed to also include the OAV Last Order, so maybe the second disk includes that (though I'm sure it's short enough to fit on the main disk w/the movie)

dubbz82

Re: Advent Pieces Bonus DVD - FF VII FMVs redone ?
« Reply #15 on: 2006-06-10 07:32:30 »
i've taken a look into this (well more accurately what i tried was to run some resize and deblock filters and recompress the video using a more modern codec....) you CANNOT use divx for this, xvid also does NOT work (at least when i tried it) the only one i could actually get to work was vp6 (at that time, i think 7 is out now) because it's derived from the codec that was used in the game (this took me a little bit of searching to figure out) so if one wanted to use those vids in place of the original ones, you must use one of the vp codecs......may be something worth tinkering around with for those of you that have this disc....basically, copy over the game disc to your harddrive then convert the video and copy them over the originals then burn the disc with the same disc volume label as the original

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-06-10 23:27:00 »
I tried looooooong ago DivX 3.11 and It worked perfectly (and It still works). However, I agree with you, newer versions of DivX don't work at all (don't know why).

JAhU

« Reply #17 on: 2006-06-29 16:48:58 »
There is more Zack in Final Fantasy VII international (one extra scene with Cloud and Zack
 in the truck or something like that).

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/graphics/inter/070.jpg

Sorry for my bad english

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #18 on: 2006-07-01 20:39:27 »
There is more Zack in Final Fantasy VII international (one extra scene with Cloud and Zack
 in the truck or something like that).

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff7/graphics/inter/070.jpg

Sorry for my bad english

so is that scene on the english version of the game too? i havent seen any of the zack cut scenes yet in the game

JAhU

« Reply #19 on: 2006-07-02 17:03:57 »
This scene does not appear in the English version.
Final Fantasy International had some minor fixes and one or two scenes were added to the game.
I wasn't able to find the complete list of differences between FF7 and FF7 international, but the
game wasn't changed much.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #20 on: 2006-07-03 21:40:40 »
Actually, it *DOES* exist in the English version and it's accessable via the debug room. (It's in gears. It's the selection in the debug room where Erith says "working now")

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006-07-03 21:55:32 »
That Zack scene can be seen if you go back to the basement in the Shinra Mansion after the Lifestream events. From what I read, the original Japanese version didn't have this scene.

JAhU

« Reply #22 on: 2006-07-04 07:26:22 »
Than I guss I was wrong. :roll:

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #23 on: 2006-07-05 12:54:41 »
i tryed getting back into the Shinra Mansion yesterday but when i ran into a monster it was a pyramid the text att he top of the screen said to contact someone, i forgot themessage, i think my files got currupt lol
but il see if i can get into the debug room to try the other scene, woudlnt mind seing if test0 is in there too then
http://www.ff7citadel.com/rumors/r_monsters.shtml#test0

Sarah

« Reply #24 on: 2006-07-29 15:44:05 »
Zack can be seen after the lifestream events...Go into the shinra mansion, head down into Hojo's Study. There will be two holding tubes in the bottom right corner of the screen. Touch them and Cloud will have a flashback.