Author Topic: FF7 Mod - Remove Mouths (Help/Request)  (Read 53729 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: FF7 Mod - Remove Mouths (Help/Request)
« Reply #25 on: 2015-06-20 21:44:29 »
Glad to hear it, I remade the patch so that it would be more compatible with different installs of FF7. Thanks for letting me know!

Ryudo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2015-06-28 02:24:42 »
I can confirm it to be working for Steam as well. Awesome patch(es). I really dislike the mouths.

If I knew how to do it, I'd even remove the ones on the main characters and just go fully back to the PSX style with the character sprites that way.

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2015-08-17 13:00:47 »
I think this mod was created before the Steam version + 2012 SE version was released, so it can only detect the original 1998 PC version. I'll make a new patch tonight that can cover the Steam game.

Not sure what you mean by the original char.lgp; all the PC releases have the :o mouth texture for NPCs by default.

Edit: Here's an updated one, tested with 1998 & Steam release. It'll remove all the :o mouth textures from NPCs, and will work regardless of other mods previously installed. But note that any char.lgp mods previously installed with be overwritten.

How come i cant find any link here?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2015-08-17 13:16:31 »
I think I made an updated version of the installer that got around the old compatibility problems; here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uqw11dd4nskdu1b/FF7_Mouth_Removal.zip

Point that at the game's data folder and it should do the rest.

KohryuZX

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2015-08-17 16:17:07 »
thanks a lot :D

Elsie

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2022-06-21 04:28:22 »
i don't expect the mod creator to see this since it's been 7 years since the last post on this thread, but i'm playing FF7 for the first time and just ran into the :O mouth bug, so i tried to use this mod to fix it. but i'm getting the "there are no files to update" error that was mentioned earlier and i can't figure out how to fix it. please help ;_;

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2022-07-21 22:28:11 »
Ah seems I'm a month too late.

Just in case though; I think the issue is perhaps that the installer needs to be pointed a folder below or a folder above where it maybe specifies. Try pointing it at the following locations:

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII/Data
Final Fantasy VII/Data/Field

If you're using 7th heaven by any chance, then I've got an IRO version of the mod on there. I can also make a brand new installer if need be.