Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3035359 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
LOL no thank you, his version may be better supported and is easier to install but his textures are wayyyyyy too heavy on the smoothing. COmpletely ruins the details. I'd much rather play the OG graphics than use that mod.

I'll wait for dev on Remako to pick back up since he's been dealing with a family death.

what a strange first post on a forum  :o

ummmm, welcome?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hi folks, I've installed the mod without errors.

How can I verify BEACAUSE is working correctly? I do not see any dialogue changes, and comparing YouTube videos playing this mod has different text than I do.
  see first post
  there's logs

DungDfndr

• View Profile
Hi guys,
excited to finally check out the R06e (first time using the mod), however I am having an issue actually getting the game up and running.

When I start the FF7 exe I get the following pop ups;
-No useful indirect path found, check APP.LOG for more information
-Failed to load shaders, check APP.LOG for more information

Here is the APP contents

[00000000] INFO: FF7 English OpenGL driver version 1.2 - Merged with The Reunion - R06e
[00000000] INFO: Detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
[00000000] INFO: Postprocessing file - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion/Program_Files/psx.post
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL debug context created.
[00000000] INFO: (null) (null) (null)
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
[00000000] INFO: OpenGL 2.1 support detected. Using PBO.
[00000000] INFO: Found swap_control extension
[00000000] GLITCH: Unable to turn off vsync
[00000000] INFO: Max texture size: 0x0
[00000000] INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
[00000000] ERROR: Driver didn't accept our FBO attachments, cannot do indirect rendering
[00000000] ERROR: init_indirect failed, scaling and postprocessing will be disabled
[00000000] INFO: Shader limits: varying 1660059192, vert uniform 1660060792, frag uniform 197486
[00000000] ERROR: failed to load shaders

The issue goes away as soon as disable Reunion, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the mod. I'm running Windows 10 via Parallels. I'm normally a Mac user so all of this Windows stuff is foreign to me, any help would be much appreciated!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

Either shaders not installed - see The_Reunion\Program_Files  or not supported - which case you'll need to disable psx.post by renaming entry in options.ini

Shake0

• View Profile
Hey, I'm new and trying to get The Reunion + Satsuki Backgrounds + Ninostyle models (Chibi version) working together.

I used the alternate install methods provided by each, to get them running along with Reunion. I'm experiencing some problems, however.

Issues I've noticed:
World character models are not changed to Ninostyle
Vehicles are not changed to Ninostyle
Characters such as Cid and Red XII who have no new Chibi, have strange eyes and mouths

I'm unsure if this is a compatibility error or just an error on my part? Would appreciate any support. Thank you.

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
Edit: Sorry for wall of text, I don't know why spoiler or code wont work.

Shinra HQ, Hojo's lab: (field blin67_3) if party gets into random battle in that field right after Jenova scene, there will be no battle music playing and the in-battle sfx will sound broken.

Shinra HQ: (field sinbil_1) as you enter this field, helicopter (?) noise can be heard, it goes away after touching the save point.

During the Kalm flashback game randomly freezes, a black screen appears while music still plays in the background. Replayed the flashback a few times now and it occurs every time, most likely to happen in the Nibelheim caves or in the Mako Reactor.

Also, it's odd that after discovering President Shinra's body, Tifa questions if Sephiroth wants to 'save' the promised land from Shinra. She knows he killed her father and burned down her village...why would she think he suddenly had good intentions?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-22 20:03:27 by BahamutSIN »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
First, check if they are Reunion issues or general issues.  They don't belong here if it's general.  Turn off Reunion and recheck.  Don't post reports to this thread if it's an original game issue.  Post to the bug thread.

Also, why is there an app log?  And it needs to be shortened.  Retry code tag.  I don't need it in your case - it's not a crash.

I appreciate the report and I will look into it but it needs to be in right place so I can prioritize.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-22 20:17:27 by DLPB »

kiddavidacus

• View Profile
Hey, I'm new and trying to get The Reunion + Satsuki Backgrounds + Ninostyle models (Chibi version) working together.

I used the alternate install methods provided by each, to get them running along with Reunion. I'm experiencing some problems, however.

Issues I've noticed:
World character models are not changed to Ninostyle
Vehicles are not changed to Ninostyle
Characters such as Cid and Red XII who have no new Chibi, have strange eyes and mouths

I'm unsure if this is a compatibility error or just an error on my part? Would appreciate any support. Thank you.

This is most likely user error since I was able to get these mods working together. Although I am not using the ninostyle chibi models anymore because they are not entirely complete so it's weird to see some being chibi and some aren't.

Are you sure that Cid is a completed character by ninostyle?

To make the models compatible, create a folder called like "ninostyle" in the CUSTOM directory of the Reunion folder. Then in the options.ini set Mod_ID = ninostyle . Make sure you disable "model overhaul in the options.ini as well.

deku

• View Profile
Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for all the work that has been done for this mod.  I just recently began playing through FF7 for the first time since it originally was released and the Reunion mod has made it such a great experience.

I have the steam version of the game and had installed R06d.  I had performed a standard installation and had enabled the new models via the Options.ini file.  Everything was working great until I visited Nibelheim for the first time via the buggy.  The game appeared to be loading a cut scene and froze when I entered Nibelheim.  Since this occurred, if I attempt to launch Final Fantasy 7 it fails to launch and gives me an alert box that states "failed to open log file".  I have tried to completely uninstall Final Fantasy 7 and the Reunion.  I do this by removing all Reunion files from the Final Fantasy installation directory in steam.  I then uninstall the game from the steam console and make sure to remove any remaining files/folders for Final Fantasy (I copied my save file to a separate location for later use). 

If I reinstall FF7 from steam, it is able to launch successfully.  If I reinstall the Reunion, the same "failed to open log file" error occurs.  If I disable the reunion via the flag at the beginning of the Options.ini file, the game will launch successfully.  I'm unsure what is causing this error and how to remove it so that I can reinstall the game with the Reunion mod successfully.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling using both the R06d and the new R06e versions.  I have a hunch it is a simple problem to resolve, but I was unable to find any mention of it in the listed bugs or forum posts.  I did see that R06d had issues when entering Nibelheim, but did not see anyone mentioning they are experiencing the persistent error preventing the game from launching.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uhyWJ_sqrpJynV8LplAHmqso1XRL90Z-

1. An explanation of the bug
The game fails to launch with an error message stating "failed to open log file" when Reunion is installed/enabled.
2. Does the bug happen at same point more than once?
This initially occurred when visiting Nibelheim for the first time with Reunion R06d.  The error occurs whenever relaunching the game.
3. App.log (found in root folder)
No App.log file exists in the root folder but does exist in C:\Users\<User Profile>\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam.  File was empty.
4. Reunion.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
See google drive link.
5. crash.dmp (found in root folder)
Does not exist in the root folder
6. Your save file from just before the crash or hang
See google drive link.
7. Audio.log (found in The_Reunion folder)
Not an audio issue.  File was empty.
8. Your CPU spec
Intel Core i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
9. Your operating system
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Hi again everyone,

So, I've tried to find any cause of the error I'm experiencing in forum posts and the database files for Reunion, but I've not come across the problem.  I suspect it is user error of some sort.  To perform a clean uninstall and reinstall of FF7/Reunion R06e, I have been deleting the Reunion folder from my FF7 directory (nested within steam folders), performing an uninstall on FF7 from steam, navigating to the FF7 directory and completely removing it and any remaining folders/files, and removing the Square Enix folder that installing FF7 places in my documents folder.  I then reinstall from steam and apply the Reunion R06e executable pointing it to my steam installation directory for FF7.  If the reunion is enabled, I'm unable to launch Final Fantasy 7 from the launcher and get the failed to open log error.

Would anyone know if there are any additional steps that need to be taken to get a true clean uninstall/reinstall of the game? I'm wondering if there are additional configuration files that need to be removed and/or possibly registry keys created by the mod?  If there's a better resource for me to go to and this is the wrong place for this post, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Shake0

• View Profile
This is most likely user error since I was able to get these mods working together. Although I am not using the ninostyle chibi models anymore because they are not entirely complete so it's weird to see some being chibi and some aren't.

To make the models compatible, create a folder called like "ninostyle" in the CUSTOM directory of the Reunion folder. Then in the options.ini set Mod_ID = ninostyle . Make sure you disable "model overhaul in the options.ini as well.
Thanks for the reply.

No, Cid isn't completed, however his default model now has a distorted face.

When unpacked the ninostyle models have a file structure that ends up giving you a .lgp file. I'm not sure how I should place these in the CUSTOM directory.

Any tips?

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Just checking in with this thread. I played version RO5C and really enjoyed it. DLPB's efforts are greatly appreciated. I was very interested in playing again when the SOLDIER QUEST mod was added. Does anyone know when the SOLDIER QUEST will be added? Also, has the BECAUSE mod been finalized in RO6E or are there still changes being made to the dialogue in future versions? Then, lastly, does anyone one know what will be the final version? Thanks in advance.
R07. Same here. Hopefully, soooooon! Excited for this and a certain overhaul mentioned on the first post :E

DungDfndr

• View Profile

Either shaders not installed - see The_Reunion\Program_Files  or not supported - which case you'll need to disable psx.post by renaming entry in options.ini

Hm, I've tried renaming psx.post, still won't load shaders. Maybe it's a Parallels thing.
I appreciate you trying to help though!

Shake0

• View Profile

Ignore my other reply. I don't know how to edit posts here.

I downloaded the 'direct' version and used the custom directory to get it working perfect. Thank you.

Green_goblin

• View Profile
    • Parasite Eve Translation Project
Hi DLPB,

I noticed something when you get "Key Items".

Sometimes you put a space before the word "Obtained", sometimes you don't.
Sometimes you put some spaces before the item itself, sometimes you don't. When you put them, it seems a bit random, 4, 5, 6 spaces depending on the file.

Is all this on purpose? I think the formatting on these messages should be consistent.

Regards

Skelly138

• View Profile
Not sure if this is known, but  this just happened to me. Right after completing the Temple of Ancients the game will freeze. It happens right after the scene when Cait Sith grabs the  Black Materia.  The exact moment happens right when the screen scrolls up and starts to shake after the explosion. The screen will continuously shake and hang there. I had to totally disable Reunion to get past it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
This is a grammar/formatting issue and will be looked into for R07.   I actually centre the message.  If it's not centred in PSX, you'll need to manually adjust.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 11:54:34 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Is there something that can be done to fix the FMV color correction to switch between FMV and gameplay seamlessly? The FMV brightness really stands out when FMV ends and gameplay kicks in, something i've not encountered when playing the game Vanilla way. Is this known or am i the only one with this problem?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Not that I am aware of.  I'm well aware of the issue and it's not a reunion problem.  if you're using the shaders that came with Reunion then that's as good as it gets unless FMV recoded. 

Also, make sure your vid card and monitor is set to allow FULL colour 0-255.

Please post this query to a new thread.  You know the drill.

RynxXK5

• View Profile
You're using Weapon mode 2.  Some field changes for difficulty. More to come.

Hello, I am also having some difficulties with the Dolphin jump.  I tried searching/looking it up and haven't found a solution.
I feel like I get close to getting the right spot but still miss.
Any tips?
Thanks, loving the mod so far.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
No tips... other than it's gonna be difficult.  Think I'll probably need to put in a further hint system or something...  at moment it's a guessing game.  Good luck haha.  Weap Mode 2 is also nowhere near completion.

RynxXK5

• View Profile
No tips... other than it's gonna be difficult.  Think I'll probably need to put in a further hint system or something...  at moment it's a guessing game.  Good luck haha.  Weap Mode 2 is also nowhere near completion.
Haha, your no fun. Kidding of course.
Thanks, I'll keep trying!

Edit: Okay, I've been at it for more than an hour now and not getting anywhere. I started following the dolphin's movement and everything while blowing the whistle with no luck.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 18:58:40 by RynxXK5 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
lmao...  you need to pick random spots for now until I employ hot and cold.

Otherwise turn off weapon and get through it first.

frneo

• View Profile
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for making this incredible mod available to us.

Long story short: I'm and old FFVII fan, played it several times on the PSX since it came out, and I just purchased the game on Steam a couple of days ago after hearing about this mod.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, and I would appreciate ANY help I could get on this matter.

I've been trying to make sense of how the game files and mods work, and I'm starting to get a general idea.

Anyway... I tried using the Avalanche GUI with reunion v06 and noticed that the PS controller button prompts went missing.

I found button positions inside BASE\New_Translation\menu\ usfont_a_*.tex and added the buttons at those same positions in the usfont_a_* files in Avalanche GUI.

When I check the keybind config ingame, I now get the proper PS controller buttons. But I still get a blank prompt in dialog boxes, like the Junon parade button prompts.

I've tried a lot of stuff and couldn't get this working.

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Not sure if this is known, but  this just happened to me. Right after completing the Temple of Ancients the game will freeze. It happens right after the scene when Cait Sith grabs the  Black Materia.  The exact moment happens right when the screen scrolls up and starts to shake after the explosion. The screen will continuously shake and hang there. I had to totally disable Reunion to get past it.

I repeat this a lot around here but.... I need a save file.  traveler0420  provided one, so it doesn't matter.

@deku  you should still be able to play the game?  R06f will tell you why it's not opening.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-23 22:42:19 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Right after completing the Temple of Ancients the game will freeze.
< Confirmed.  No idea whatsoever how this has happened.  May be related to recent movie fix.  Investigating.