Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PSX] File Extractor (Missing Download)

(1/3) > >>

G:
As I couldn't find any extractors for this on the net, I wrote this utility to extract data from PSX FF8 image file.
For now it extracts only near 22Mb of files from image. Extracting seems to be correct, although I don't know format of most extracted files (I know some AKAO frame files :) )...

download link: http://www.filefactory.com/file/d41b40/ [source + windows binary]
Usage: ff8extractor.exe <path_to_your_ff8discX.img> <output_directory_path>

WARNING: output directory must exist.
After extraction, file with name 025.ff8 (checked it only from ff8disc1.img) at offset 0x000499b4 contain more offsets for the rest files (I think, that "rest files" contain movie and field files) in ff8discX.img. I don't fully understand format of this file yet, but later I'll extract that too.
Happy hacking!  :-D

Cyberman:
If I find anythings you want to know (LOL whatever that means) I'll let you know.

I wonder if there is any way to recognize the format of the PS1's video data format.  The first sector reportedly has information about the file in it. IF it is possible to decipher the file information with that it may be possible to make a standard windows CODEC for it.  Interesting thought. Hmmm.

Erstwhile I know some of the information, but I've got so many projects that my hair is turning gray. :D

Thanks for the information, I may modify my tool PS1_ISO to allow "plugins" for special format disc images.

Cyb

G:

--- Quote ---I wonder if there is any way to recognize the format of the PS1's video data format.
--- End quote ---
It isn't problem at all, to look through rest data and to find video frames, but I want an elegant :) solution for this.
Today I am finished with FF8 exploration - I am writing SoundManager for AKAO.

DeadLajik:
Hey G,

First, thanks for writing this program. It'll help me to explore the contents of these discs. I noticed a lot of files with encoded text in them.

Do you have any idea why the number 0x33a was added to the offsets in the ff8discX.img file? I suppose this is a question that only Square can answer.

Thanks.

G:

--- Quote ---Do you have any idea why the number 0x33a was added to the offsets in the ff8discX.img file?
--- End quote ---
Yes, I have :)
0x33a is PSX CD-ROM sector number of beginning ff8discX.img file. PSX CD-ROM can access info only by sector (actually by time information, but it's almost the same).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version