Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PC] Enemy editor - IFRIT (0.11C)

<< < (39/43) > >>

darknesshah66:
Nvm I found a solution to my problem. I extracted all files instead of only the necessary ones. Then I replaced the original enemy files with my modded ones. And then I created battle.fs from all of the files (over 800 if i recall). For some reason it made the file size go just a bit over the original one but it still worked in-game.

gjoerulv:
Yes, I haven't tested this with the remaster version. But, iirc, there is some wrong information in the ifrit app. You should in fact extract all files instead of just the valid ones. It's easier to work with if you know what files to use.

Naphta:
Hello,
is it possible to make enemies immune vs eject yet with Ifrit?

JWP:
It should already be possible, the eject status that is inflicted by Rapture, Degenerator and Odin/Gilgamesh is marked as "Expu" in the editor unless there is a bug with it.
If you mean the status inflicted by Selphie's "The End", then no.

Regarding the the AI editor, there are a couple of known issues:
Alignment issues (the sections should be aligned to the next power of 4)
Some code does not get decompiled correctly and will actually change behaviour - this is typically around the tests in if statements. Some of the code that decompiles to self.x should target other entities.

I've been working on a new version from scratch because the code is such a mess and I've managed to get it to compile all the existing monsters correctly with the exception of two: G-Soldier and Tri-Point.
The former seems to be because the AI was coded incorrectly and the latter is because the code cannot handle negative offsets at present.
The new version also has an option to graph the AI and show the bytes (mostly to aid debugging).
Hopefully I'll have something that I can release within the next month or so.

Kefka:

--- Quote from: JWP on 2020-04-24 14:43:52 ---Regarding the the AI editor, there are a couple of known issues:
Alignment issues (the sections should be aligned to the next power of 4)
Some code does not get decompiled correctly and will actually change behaviour - this is typically around the tests in if statements. Some of the code that decompiles to self.x should target other entities.

I've been working on a new version from scratch because the code is such a mess and I've managed to get it to compile all the existing monsters correctly with the exception of two: G-Soldier and Tri-Point.
The former seems to be because the AI was coded incorrectly and the latter is because the code cannot handle negative offsets at present.
The new version also has an option to graph the AI and show the bytes (mostly to aid debugging).
Hopefully I'll have something that I can release within the next month or so.

--- End quote ---

That's awesome news, man, I love you! The buggy AI editor was in fact the ONLY reason why I never bothered seriously modding this game!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version