Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1247156 times)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
New crash at the Nibelheim batle with sephiroth and the mako creature.
It tries to get spells/fire2/faiga_2_00.png when it should be fire3/faiga or fire2/faira.

That's bizarre, was the monster trying to do fire2 or fire3?

I'm the one casting fire3 on it. About 20 times in a row (with some regen an elixir in the middle). One of them caused the crash I think.
Fixed it by givin' it the rigth pics in the wrong dir.

BTW, there's another bug when fighting with sephiroth. He cannot attack anyone with the sword since it auto-targets himself and when you cycle targets no damage is done.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-26 08:21:18 by eXistenZe »

Aali

• View Profile
Curious, does this mean it could be possible to render everything widescreen without the stretching?

Possible, yes, but it would take a lot more work outside of battle. In battle, none of the culling is done in software, so I can decide exactly how to render the scene, but with field, world map etc it's not just a matter of changing the viewport because anything that goes outside the currently visible area is not drawn at all. Of course this could be fixed too but it's more complicated work.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
New crash at the Nibelheim batle with sephiroth and the mako creature.
It tries to get spells/fire2/faiga_2_00.png when it should be fire3/faiga or fire2/faira.

That's bizarre, was the monster trying to do fire2 or fire3?

I'm the one casting fire3 on it. About 20 times in a row (with some regen an elixir in the middle). One of them caused the crash I think.
Fixed it by givin' it the rigth pics in the wrong dir.

BTW, there's another bug when fighting with sephiroth. He cannot attack anyone with the sword since it auto-targets himself and when you cycle targets no damage is done.

Yeah, that's a known bug. I'm still not sure what causes it, but I believe that it has to do with some kind of error in the save file data... have you edited your save file with a program like jenova or something at all?

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Yep... added pots + weapons + hp plus materia before the first boss with jenova.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Yep... added pots + weapons + hp plus materia before the first boss with jenova.
Yeah, that's what caused it. I believe equipping Sephi with a weapon other than masamune should fix it, though I've never done it before..

srps

• View Profile
Any news about my texture bugs, titeguy3?

Thanks

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile

Thanks
The only thing I can think of that can cause that is if the OpenGL driver isn't installed properly, but if changing the settings in the openGL config file works, then everything should be installed correctly...
does the "windowed" option work when you choose it in the opengl config file?
If so, then I'm going to chalk this error up to an incompatibility with your graphics card's drivers...
I'm also tempted to say that your battle.lgp could be corrupt, and that a re-install would fix the issue, but I highly doubt that a re-install of the patch would fix the issue.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-26 12:14:23 by titeguy3 »

srps

• View Profile

Thanks
The only thing I can think of that can cause that is if the OpenGL driver isn't installed properly, but if changing the settings in the openGL config file works, then everything should be installed correctly...
does the "windowed" option work when you choose it in the opengl config file?
If so, then I'm going to chalk this error up to an incompatibility with your graphics card's drivers...
I'm also tempted to say that your battle.lgp could be corrupt, and that a re-install would fix the issue, but I highly doubt that a re-install of the patch would fix the issue.

I've just updated the graphic drivers to 10.3 beta and the issue seems gone now, so I'll take it as a driver issue.

I was using display driver beta v8.703, for the record.

Thanks for the help anyway  ;)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Okay, Version 2.5.1 is finished, and it's got more fixes than you can shake a stick at...I'm gonna need to bullet list these:
  • Upgraded 2D Overhaul to the High res version, and implemented some fixes
  • Solved Fancy_Tranparency conflicts...it should now remain "off" at all times
  • (Hopefully) fixed corrupt h_battle.lgp issue
  • Added new custom opening screen
  • Fixed flickering materia issue caused by PRP
  • Fixed transparent faces on field models
  • Added a shortcut to run the game from the desktop since a lot of people aren't noticing the start menu shortcuts

The Upgrader has been uploaded, but the Installer link won't be done until 11:30 PM EST.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 01:58:27 by titeguy3 »

Sk-F

• View Profile
That's terrific!  ;D

/anxious mode ON

BTW:
Solved Fancy_Tranparency conflicts...it should now remain "off" at all times
does that mean you've removed the whole option from the patch? (that is, can we no longer set it on?) It was somewhat buggy but really nice nonetheless.  :-\
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 02:09:21 by Sk-F »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
That's terrific!  ;D

/anxious mode ON

BTW:
Solved Fancy_Tranparency conflicts...it should now remain "off" at all times
does that mean you've removed thoe whole option from the patch? (that is, can we no longer set it on?) It was somewhat buggy but really nice nontheless.  :-\

You *can* turn it on if you want to, but as it causes more problems than it fixes, I made it so that the game looks better without it, so there's no more need to have it on at all.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Getting better and better...

I think this mod really misses some new materia (replace some old useless stuff with something cool like contain-style attack magic). And you could change materias like ultima to something tri-phasic. Ultima-Ultimara-Ultimaga :o)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
New crash just when junnon's first battle (to save priscila) starts. Black screen with crash report.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2zmtdmdw0zq
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmkzmywn0m

There is also this error at the world map:
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
ERROR: libpng error: Read Error
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE clf_lg.TEX
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE clf_lg.tim

Found it... Upgrade does not check for hardcore or normal mode, so it just replaces the ones that exist and does not delete the others.
BTW, I noticed that bat to run the game checks for h_ff7.exe and n_ff7.exe, when I have none, just the normal ff7.exe. Is there any diff? What install part should create it?
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 10:30:09 by eXistenZe »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
New crash (hang, black screen with no report though) at the shop on costa del sol to the right of red XIII. Cannot fix this one. There's a bunch of errors on tifa files, but unrelated, I think.
Code: [Select]
(...)
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE TIFA.T08
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE TIFA.T08
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE TIFA.T08
OFFSET ERROR: TIFA.T09 RUAL
ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE TIFA.T09
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE TIFA.T09
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE TIFA.T09
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/flamethrower/flame00_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/flamethrower/flame01_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Limit/tifa/hit_1_01.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/bolt3all/thundg02_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/bolt3all/thundg03_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/bolt3all/thundg00_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/bolt3all/thundg01_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/Spells/bolt3all/thundg03_03.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
set music volume: 127
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
stop_sound
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=40
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!

Sk-F

• View Profile
Getting better and better...

I think this mod really misses some new materia (replace some old useless stuff with something cool like contain-style attack magic). And you could change materias like ultima to something tri-phasic. Ultima-Ultimara-Ultimaga )

Nah, I personally wouldn't like it. I'm fine with upgrading graphics and such, but modifying materia would be going a little too far for me. Anyway, I wouldn't ming having 2 patches: one that improved the overall graphic & music quality and another which would add some extra content or modified in-game mechanics. That way, people who just want to play FF7 with the best quality could do so without having to install content that they wouldn't be interested in.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 13:53:14 by Sk-F »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Since 90% of the people who use these mods have already played ff7 2+ times, I am all about new content, from simple weapons to new chars and story. But I understand your point. Perhaps a custom loader with a simple checklist of addons could do the trick instead of .bat.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
New crash just when junnon's first battle (to save priscila) starts. Black screen with crash report.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2zmtdmdw0zq
http://www.mediafire.com/?zjmkzmywn0m

There is also this error at the world map:

Found it... Upgrade does not check for hardcore or normal mode, so it just replaces the ones that exist and does not delete the others.
BTW, I noticed that bat to run the game checks for h_ff7.exe and n_ff7.exe, when I have none, just the normal ff7.exe. Is there any diff? What install part should create it?

Hm, didn't think about that, all the installers I make are in normal mode, so this didn't occur to me, it'll work if you just run the normal mode of the game, close it, then re-apply the upgrader. There are n_ and h_ files, if you're running the game in hardcore mode, the h_ files get renamed to the normal nomenclature, and when you're running the game in normal mode, the n_ files get renamed to the normal nomenclature,
As for new materia, two comments:
1) there are only so many spell animations in the game, i personally can't think of any animations that would be cool enough to be deemed "Ultimaga"
2) There aren't any in Hardcore mode, but if you play the game in normal mode (in English), you'll notice that there have been some additions to the game's materia and magic.

EDIT: upon inspection of the installer, it'd seem that I forgot to include h_ff7.exe. I'll have to reupload them tonight... the only difference is that h_ff7.exe is supposed to have the 9999 limit breaking patch applied to it. You should be able to copy your ff7.exe, put the 9999limitbreak patch in your "patches" folder (it should be in the "Already Patched" folder in there), and run "installYAMPHardcoremode.bat" and it'll work.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 17:23:10 by titeguy3 »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
It seems my crash at costa del sol was somewhat random... I can't replay it...
Now I just got completly overkilled by dyne with just 2 needdle guns...

Seeing that video of changes made me think of another possible mod for hardcore mode: vincent limit break could be an addon to it's available comands. And yuffy's final limite could have multiple hits and actually be usefull. This way these 2 chars would be way more efficient.

Are you saying that materia changes are not available in hardcore mode? Why is that?
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 18:14:09 by eXistenZe »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
It seems my crash at costa del sol was somewhat random... I can't replay it...
Now I just got completly overkilled by dyne with just 2 needdle guns...

Seeing that video of changes made me think of another possible mod for hardcore mode: vincent limit break could be an addon to it's available comands. And yuffy's final limite could have multiple hits and actually be usefull. This way these 2 chars would be way more efficient.

Are you saying that materia changes are not available in hardcore mode? Why is that?
The hardcore mod was made by Gjoerulv, and he simply chose not to add any new materia or weapons.

Also, I'm reuploading the installer now, the upgrader has already been fixed, and the installer should be up by 12:00 AM EST so for anybody trying to download it before then, it's not going to work.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 20:58:00 by titeguy3 »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
And it uses the same files as you new materia addon? Can't you just fuse them?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
And it uses the same files as you new materia addon? Can't you just fuse them?
They're different sets of files. I *could* fuse them... but I don't feel like dealing with the reprocautions that would have. For instance since some enemies use normal magic spells, their attacks would be changed. Also, I don't know that Gjoerulv would appreciate me changing up his mod. If you wanna give it a shot yourself, use the WallMarket patch on the first page on "h_kernel.bin" and see how it pans out.
« Last Edit: 2010-02-27 21:50:43 by titeguy3 »

eXistenZe

• View Profile
Doesn't work. I get mixed magic inside materia. Like Seal (Biora, Sleepel, Silence) and MBarrier inside Bio. Hardcore mode already has a few magic changes (F.E. the AP progress in summons, names, and other stuff) that conflicts with this patch.

I'll try manually changing some stuff with wallmarket (amazing litle program and very n00b friendly).

Hardcore mode made some serious underpower on all ultima weapons (less than 50% of atk power with some mag/spr bonus) and summons (1x time only summons, including KoTR).
« Last Edit: 2010-02-28 12:54:48 by eXistenZe »

Chalkie

• View Profile
I encountered a glitch.

On the hardcore mod I entered a battle with Yuffie during the second reactor bomb mission, in the room after taking the lift.

srps

• View Profile
In the hardcore mode, after opening the chest at Shin-Ra HQ in the 65th floor that has the key to 66th floor, a battle with Bizarro-Sephiroth started.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
In the hardcore mode, after opening the chest at Shin-Ra HQ in the 65th floor that has the key to 66th floor, a battle with Bizarro-Sephiroth started.
AHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHHA!!! I'm sorry but that's just funny to me. You don't even know who the main villain in the game is yet and you're fighting him xD. (I'm saying story-line wise, not saying you personally don't know).