Author Topic: FF8RE How to remove the priority of limit break  (Read 394 times)

albert

• View Profile
FF8RE How to remove the priority of limit break
« on: 2024-04-24 14:50:00 »
Hi everyone,

I'm modder of FF8RE. there is a question bothers me a long time.

All we know the limit break has a priority in battle, it can hold enemy's move(truth is let limit break move priority 1) and let the ATB increase a little after the move is finished.

when the character's speed increase, it will more and more imbalance and til totally break it.

About 150 of speedpoint with haste(equals 240) as I calculated you can use limit break to hold enemy's move in whole battle, you can do it again and again, even the enemy's speed at 255.

Do we have a good idea?

WartanThamar

• View Profile
Re: FF8RE How to remove the priority of limit break
« Reply #1 on: 2024-05-10 03:59:30 »
Hey there! Fellow FF8RE modder here.

Yeah, that limit break priority can get a little crazy with high speed, huh? I've noticed the same thing.

One idea might be a cap on how much the ATB gauge can refill after a Limit Break.  That way, even with super speed, it wouldn't completely lock enemies out.  Or maybe a diminishing return on the refill – the faster you are, the less the gauge refills after a Limit Break.

Just spitballin' here! What do you think?

albert

• View Profile
Re: FF8RE How to remove the priority of limit break
« Reply #2 on: Today at 15:01:47 »
Hey there! Fellow FF8RE modder here.

Yeah, that limit break priority can get a little crazy with high speed, huh? I've noticed the same thing.

One idea might be a cap on how much the ATB gauge can refill after a Limit Break.  That way, even with super speed, it wouldn't completely lock enemies out.  Or maybe a diminishing return on the refill – the faster you are, the less the gauge refills after a Limit Break.

Just spitballin' here! What do you think?

Hey there, Thanks for your suggestion.
I found a way and try to fix that:
Find kernel.bin
Use doomtrain change the ATB mutiplier by 1
It actually force slow the refilling about 10 times, and it can break the loop, even the character's speed are 255.
But the otherwise,
Only ATB bar are affected, it means duration of all status and GF casting time will still stay the same...
Lot of times status are gone before ATB fully refilled again...
emmmmm...