Author Topic: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD  (Read 91677 times)

Jeet

• View Profile
Re: PSX/PSP Sephiroth and Shinra MOD
« Reply #75 on: 2014-01-31 08:46:32 »
Hi, if you have glitches before/while a cut scene, it mean you didnt installed every files, the mod have been tested by many players and myself i finished the game without any glitches, there is many files to install so take ur time to do it, maybe u forgot one.

Or second possibilty, you downloaded the mod from the mod list in the site, which is  the old one ( glitchy) , the good one is on the link in the first page of this topic.

Note that this is for US version of ff7 PSX.

dante66

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2014-02-13 22:07:35 »
Getting issues with this when trying to use Vincent on Disc 3 for the PSP US version. I don't know why, I've checked the files twice and very carefully done it, but every time I have Vincent in my party on D3 the game freezes. Seems to work fine on other discs (can't check d1 properly, haven't got a save file on it)

edit: tried it on the epsxe version. The battle loads but it's just one of the regular party members and a giant Diamond Weapon, which I assume is meant to be Vincent/Rude with Sephiroth in the model. It's just frozen, as it's on berserk (think I have the fury ring equipped) so I assume he's locked up.

Weird. Gonna have another go trying to convert the third disc. There must be something I'm missing here.

There's nothing more terrifying than a Weapon appearing in a battle when you least expect it though, especially when it's batting for your side.

edit: I appear to have fixed the issue, or one of them anyway. The problem seems to be Vincent/Cid's weapons. Vincent has all of Cid's weapons other than the Quicksilver (of which both Vincent and Cid can equip) and vice versa. My Vincent had Death Penalty equipped, which was freezing/crashing the game. As soon as I unequipped DP, it disappeared from Vincent's equipment and into Cid's. The Quicksilver is still there though for some reason but it doesn't have any issue.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-13 23:35:40 by dante66 »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2014-02-14 17:17:25 »
Ok, to summarize, Vincent's shotguns and rifles use two differents models that Vincent with a regular gun.

Since vincent is replaced by Rude in my mod, these two models become useless, i replaced them with Sephiroth's transformations.

So this is weird that you could use death penality, since i disabled it from my mod, Vincent ( Rude) use tifa's weapon ( or cid's i don't remember,anyway you don't see Rude's weapon in battle since his original enemy model don't have one)

I don't understand how u ended with Rude equipped with the death penality, maybe you used an editor or I forgot to disable this weapon.

PS: since I did this mod long time ago,I don't remember if i disabled death penality or just modified its model to match with the regular gun model.

In any cases:

1/check that you correctly replaced my kernel file for your CD3

2/if i really disabled death penality and you got it with an editor, then you must delete it and use regulars weapon in the game.

3/if you didn't used any editor and you correctly installed the kernel file in the CD3 , then i probably made a mistake and forgot to modify the weapon in the kernel, make me know if it is the case, thx.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-14 17:19:27 by Jeet »

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2014-02-14 22:06:22 »
Hey Jeet

after i beat airbuster today using your all stars mod

this glitch happen to me today

I uploaded all of the files the right way

and i downloaded your mod from this board

so i do not know what i did wrong

thanks for your help

take care
« Last Edit: 2014-02-14 22:08:38 by Hitachis »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2014-02-14 22:41:38 »
@Hitachi

After beating air buster a cut scene appear, getting this mean that you forgot to replace the modified file of this cutscene.

I think the name of the file containing this cutscene is " SOUTHMK2.BSX" try re install again this file and it should work ( this is for US version)

If you have another cut scene problem, verify you installed correctly all BSX files ( because they all working i finished the game with it)

@dante666

Another source of your problem is maybe that you didnt replaced Vincent with rude intentionally? To keep the real Vincent in your game? In that case like i said in the first page of the mod EVERY files must be replaced , if you want Vincent you will have many problems with weapons/limits breaks ( due to the kernel global file).

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2014-02-14 23:28:19 »
Hey Jeet

I checked all of the files that i got in the all the stars mod

and this file is not in the all stars mod folder at all, SOUTHMK2.BSX

i checked all of the folders in the all stars mod folder

thanks

and take care

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2014-02-14 23:37:44 »
Your right, i didnt upload this file , it mean this cut scenes wasnt freezing the game, so its even more strange that you have a crash here.

The best solution would be to delete your actual iso, and start re installing everyfiles on a new "clean" one.

Are you playing on emulator? In that case, try another one. For the US version, I didnt tested the mod on others versions.

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2014-02-15 11:38:29 »
Hey Jeet

I tried this mod on the psxfin emulator as well

and the mod went to alot of glitches this time after the airbuster fight

do you think its because i am running this mod on windows 8 insted of windows 7

thanks

and take care

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2014-02-15 20:15:36 »
Hey Jeet

I tried everything to fix up the non stop glitches on this mod

but i do not know how to stop these glitches from happening

any help would be greatfull to me

thanks

and take care

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2014-02-16 17:11:13 »
I answered you in PM, but by looking again your screenshot , it seem the cinematic playing on the background dont fit with the one appear just after air buster, so i supposed you swapped the wrong files,check my pm and follow the instructions, and it should work, ty.

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2014-02-17 08:50:31 »
Hey Jeet

I tried your mod on 2 different emulators

and i always get the same glitchy stuff on your mod

when i use your mod on a ps1 emulator

and i followed your instructions twice with no such luck on getting your mod to work

so what could be wrong then

thanks

and take care
« Last Edit: 2014-02-17 09:22:35 by Hitachis »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2014-02-24 15:58:24 »
Hitachis:

1. If people aren't answering, it's because they don't know the answer. Asking again won't help, and is annoying.
2. Please do not PM people unless they ask you to from now on. Especially do not PM someone a second time if they do not answer you.
3. The report button is for reporting posts that break the rules. It is not for reporting mods that do not work correctly, or that you're having trouble with.

You are extremely lucky that I'm giving you another chance instead of banning you again, but these are exactly the same things I told you not to do last time before I banned you. If you keep abusing the PM and report features, or if you keep double/triple posting, I will ban you again.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-24 16:41:15 by Covarr »

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2014-02-25 01:43:45 »
Yes, you need to be more patient, anyway i tested the game AGAIN, on emulator this time:

I have a very old computer and only older version of epsxe work on it, and even with this i was able to play the game, after beating air buster the correct cut scene appear, it mean the problem come from you, hitachis.

So when installing the files ( and there is a lot of files) just be patient and dont rush it or you will forget ones ( or swap wrong ones like you did)

The only thing i could do is to give u the correct cut-scene you erased with more memory cache , in case of your computer is even worst than mine, but i dont think it will change anything, if you didnt installed correctly other cutscenes i cant do anything for u.

Here is the file you need to install:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/j75cywe15meo8cd/SOUTHMK2.BSX.LZS.LZS

Like the others files, open CDprog, right click on SOUTHMK2.BSX ( in field folder) and insert this new one.

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2014-02-25 08:41:51 »
Hey staff

I do not know how to instert mod files into iso files thats well at all

because its very hard for me to do

so is there anyway for someone to give me this mod with the mod files all ready insterted into all 3 ff7 iso disks please

thanks

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #89 on: 2014-02-25 16:28:18 »
ISO discs? Where did you buy your game?

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2014-02-25 16:50:30 »
Hey

I bought that game at a video game store okay

and this mod is very hard to install the manual way for me

because i tried 2 to 3 times with no such luck at all

i keep on getting glitches everywhere

so i am out of ideas now

thanks

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2014-02-26 02:21:07 »
Hey staff

please listen to me

I am getting very anxious right now, that i have to swap files on the ff7 iso files manually with this mod

which i do not know how to do on my own okay, its making me very anxious to do it this way okay

so is there a eaiser way for me to setup this mod

any ideas would be very greatfull

thanks

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2014-02-26 15:04:25 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 17:07:13 by dkma841 »

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2014-02-28 08:43:26 »
can you make me a youtube video of teaching me how to put the files in the right places to make this mod work right

thnaks

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2014-02-28 15:46:29 »
I will do this on the week.

Hitachis

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2014-03-01 07:13:27 »
Hey

how much longer until this training youtube video is uploading

of teaching how to use this mod the right way

thanks

and take care
« Last Edit: 2014-03-01 07:20:10 by Hitachis »

dante66

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2014-03-10 06:44:19 »
Ok, to summarize, Vincent's shotguns and rifles use two differents models that Vincent with a regular gun.

Since vincent is replaced by Rude in my mod, these two models become useless, i replaced them with Sephiroth's transformations.

So this is weird that you could use death penality, since i disabled it from my mod, Vincent ( Rude) use tifa's weapon ( or cid's i don't remember,anyway you don't see Rude's weapon in battle since his original enemy model don't have one)

I don't understand how u ended with Rude equipped with the death penality, maybe you used an editor or I forgot to disable this weapon.

PS: since I did this mod long time ago,I don't remember if i disabled death penality or just modified its model to match with the regular gun model.

In any cases:

1/check that you correctly replaced my kernel file for your CD3

2/if i really disabled death penality and you got it with an editor, then you must delete it and use regulars weapon in the game.

3/if you didn't used any editor and you correctly installed the kernel file in the CD3 , then i probably made a mistake and forgot to modify the weapon in the kernel, make me know if it is the case, thx.
I fixed it. It was definitely because Vincent was equipped with Death Penalty, the reason was because I loaded my original PSP save using the mod and it worked perfectly, but my Vincent had his ultimate weapon equipped. Took it off him and it was all good.

Thanks for this mod. Gives me the energy to play through the game again.

ocete9

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2014-04-18 16:45:08 »
I patched the game and stops or has some bugs might climb a program that will patch automatically is that doing manual is a mess for some like me who want Playing games but find it difficult to patch a game upload a program or a tool that you patch it automatically upload the patched game or if they can

Jeet

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2014-04-28 10:02:06 »
I dont know how to make a patch for this, this is my first mod,  and it took me long time to test it, there is minor glitches ( not fatal) but if you have crashes its just you didnt installed it correctly, once again : the game have been tested on the 3 discs and works.

I know it would be better to have an installer like on pc mods, but its better than nothing, since there is not a lot of mods on psx, it take 10 mins to install it.

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2014-04-28 17:29:46 »
Hey cool mod. I created a Dark Nation for the Field for you. Just apply the attached ppf to any ntsc-u ff7 disc and extract RED.BCX. Then you have the model and you can include it in your mod, update your files and your screenshots. I also recommend you switch to ppfs because you can get trouble publishing Square binaries....
This way you also have kind of an installer. People only need ppf omatic 3 and apply the ppf you upload.

There you go mate:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rkslvcak7959dkk/dnation.ppf

In another thread you said that you have a note list of what animation script in the battle model files is what. Like where to find commands, limit breaks n stuff. I wanna upgrade Sephiroth.lzs further and I need that information. It cant be too difficult to include a death animation and update the animation data section with a death animation of another character like Vincent. Can you publish this list or the notes you have on that topic ? Or at least send them to me ?

Thanks =)
« Last Edit: 2014-04-28 17:38:02 by meesbaker »