Read this first! > FAQs and Tutorials

[Tutorial] Protect your game discs - remove the need for them

<< < (5/5)

sithlord48:

--- Quote from: Alzatar on 2011-11-18 20:06:55 ---Would you be okay if I added that information into the guide sithlord? Obviously credit would be placed where it's due :)

--- End quote ---
i have no problem with you adding it.

Kranmer:
Nice work on the guide, i also use Daemon Tools Lite (have done for a long time), i much prefer it to game "Game Jackal Pro" since its Freeware.
I am aware Game Jackal Pro can create small profiles for CD/DVDs but Daemon tools can use something called mini-images which is pretty much the same thing (a 1MB image so that you don't need to keep the whole ISO on your hardrive taking up space)
And for FF7 i just rename my C Drive to FF7DISC1 then use my AnyCd or like NFITC1 i just use my own NoCd (which i also won't give out so don't ask).

dkma841:

--- Quote from: kranmer on 2011-11-20 22:41:49 ---I am aware Game Jackal Pro can create small profiles for CD/DVDs but Daemon tools can use something called mini-images which is pretty much the same thing (a 1MB image so that you don't need to keep the whole ISO on your hardrive taking up space)

--- End quote ---

hmm cant seem to find the mini image so if i did that i just mount that and it will work? i just back upped all my discs which is wasting all the essential space i need (5gb left :/)

Kranmer:

--- Quote from: e1sunz on 2011-11-21 20:31:20 ---hmm cant seem to find the mini image so if i did that i just mount that and it will work? i just back upped all my discs which is wasting all the essential space i need (5gb left :/)

--- End quote ---

To create a mini image off FF7 is easy, just grab any ISO creation tool and name the ISO FF7DISC1 (then do the same for discs 2 and 3), you don't need to put any files into the ISO's just make sure they have the right volume name then save the ISO and mount it (FF7 only checks the Volume name so if it see's FF7DISC1 it thinks that is FF7 disc1), more modern games require more then this due to better protections so you will need to create a proper mini image (the best way to make one is to grab a program to make mini images or hex edit the full image and cut it down as much as you can and keep testing it to see if it works)

dkma841:
aha thanks alot Kranmer just saved me a lot of space ^.^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version