Final Fantasy 9 > FF9 Tools

[PSX/PC] General editor - Hades Workshop (0.50b)

<< < (3/404) > >>

xLostWingx:
Love to see work being done with IX  ;D Keep up the good work man.

shikulja:
it is very cool). add image extractor and simple chars font editor. like chenge ierogliphs on other chars.

xenokain:
Thanks for the updates  ;D This is extremely useful.

JBedford128:
I've noticed something strange with some bosses. They are displayed as having 10000 HP more than they actually have in the game. This explains why I couldn't find Ozma in the data when searching for his HP, and it also explains why Ozma has 55545, 10000 less than the upper limit.

There obviously is a flag that does this. Friendly Yan proves that 65535 HP is possible. So a flag removes 10000 HP from the given amount, which I can't think of any good reason for.

Edit: Well I think I might have found it. Before the HP value there is a string of 0s (in hex). But I noticed that both Beatrix and Prison Cage had an 80 (so 80 00 00 00 before the HP value). So I changed the 08 to 00 for Prison Cage, and used Death. And Death killed it. I didn't see its HP count though. So that might have just been some statuses that I changed. (additional note: Using Death on Prison Cage causes a game hang).

Edit2: Doesn't effect HP, but does effect some status immunities.

Tirlititi:
Nonono, that's not that, that's AI-relevant.

When an enemy dies, he just dies, but some bosses (like Ozma, or even the very first Masked Man) actually have a more complex dying animation, which is in fact a spell (Maliris's ending movement is the only one that actually does something). So they have a scripted event : "When they have less than 10000hp, the ATB pauses, they cast a spell and then they die". There is a part of the hexa code about what I think is the event setup for Masked Man's battle :

--- Code: ---05 D6 1E 0E 7F 02 EE 00 05 79 01 29 24 7D 10
27 1E 2A 7F 02 08 00 05 D6 1F 7D 01 00 2C 7F
--- End code ---
10 27 = 10000.
05 is the variable assignement opcode, so it's only about setup (38 is the opcode for an enemy to cast). I don't know a lot about how variables are coded but you can assume the opcode 05 is 7F-terminated. I don't know for sure what 02 is but it seems to be a sort of a JUMP opcode (01 is also JUMP, though...).

Ok, I just saw your 2nd edit. That's a good thing to know nonetheless, thank you :D

EDIT : Ha, sorry, that's not Masked man's battle, that's beatrix's battle. I just went confused with "1st battle in the game" and "1st battle in the battle list"  :oops:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version