Final Fantasy 7 > Support

What's up with the Sound?!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Kaldarasha:
Nope disable the FF7Music does nothing.

--- Quote ---Sorry, I don't understand...  ???
--- End quote ---
It appears for me that the sound buffer isn't big enough and does not update correctly. I'm a noob in that matter, but hear that it sound is buggy compared to PSX version. The dynamic use of the stereo channels was something, which had impressed when I first played on the PSX. On PSX I could hear every biker is falling down in the minigame, on PC I'm lucky if I could hear only one correctly. So there is something completly wrong with it. The question is, is it fixable?

--- Quote ---Possibly a problem with the "transparent" color ...
--- End quote ---

I don't know where the shadow is stored (battle.lgp or magic.lgp?). I would update it myself to the PSX look.

Kompass63:

--- Quote from: Kaldarasha on 2013-07-22 14:28:38 ---Nope disable the FF7Music does nothing.
It appears for me that the sound buffer isn't big enough and does not update correctly. I'm a noob in that matter, but hear that it sound is buggy compared to PSX version. The dynamic use of the stereo channels was something, which had impressed when I first played on the PSX. On PSX I could hear every biker is falling down in the minigame, on PC I'm lucky if I could hear only one correctly. So there is something completly wrong with it. The question is, is it fixable?
--- End quote ---
I have noticed no such problems with the PC version until now, but I did not really pay attention.

--- Quote from: Kaldarasha on 2013-07-22 14:28:38 ---I don't know where the shadow is stored (battle.lgp or magic.lgp?). I would update it myself to the PSX look.

--- End quote ---
Oh, you mean the shadow below the Character (again misunderstood :) )
How the look with the PSX version?

Template:
I notice a GLITCH popup about soundbuffer periodically with those messages enabled. I did a test to try to get rid of it. On 1998 version the glitch message occurs in the field. The rerelease version has the glitch during video playback. I did not know what the glitch might be causing, but it's surely related, no?

Kaldarasha:
I have looked a bit on the wiki, but the only thing I understand is, that Eidos might had a hard time to implement the sound. Mostly because of it's own unique structure. So, I guess they were happy that the sound is played and/or they didn't care about it much. Well, that's the only explanation I have.

@Kompass63

Template:
By using new ff7 download from SE store and GameConverter .8 I was able to get rid of the GLITCH: Unable to assign sound buffer or whatever it is. Gone. Interesting.

Edit: no, no, no... I must have turned off the popup messages. Retested this and the sound buffer GLITCH is still very much there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version