Read this first! > FAQs and Tutorials

[Guide] Make DS 4 and DS 3 work on FFVII PC (without any third party software)

<< < (4/4)

soldier3rdclass:
Do you know if this guide will work for an old Logitech G-UF13A? I can't get the dpad to work with ff7, even tried using FFNx.

zzzplayer:

--- Quote from: soldier3rdclass on 2020-07-19 18:02:55 ---Do you know if this guide will work for an old Logitech G-UF13A? I can't get the dpad to work with ff7, even tried using FFNx.

--- End quote ---

After doing some research, I assume the Logitech G-UF13A is a DirectInput gamepad?

Are you able to get the gamepad drivers to install on Windows?

Do the gamepad buttons tested to work under Windows in "Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> select gamepad icon -> (right click) Game controler settings -> Properties" as outlined in the screenshot above?

I.)
If it's a standard DInput gamepad, then the game launcher Joystick configuration shall work with the gamepad as it is, no other software shall be needed.

II.)
If it isn't a standard DInput gamepad or for whatever reason the gamepad doesn't work with game, then you may try the following:

Go to "Steam -> Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings":

Is Steam able to detect your gamepad?

If so, enable "Generic Gamepad Configuration Support".

If all of the above work, try go to "Steam -> Library -> FFVII", and click "Controller Configuration" and map the buttons as keyboard buttons.

damiendada:
Thanks for sharing this guide!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version